Guillem balague - Rafa nearly quit last week

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Number 9 wrote:
peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:The simple fact is it should not have at this stage and the club is all over the papers for the wrong reasons yet again when we needed it least!

agree 100%

and barry, do you know who milky joe is   

Apparently a coconut on a stick....very strange! :laugh:  :laugh:

he looks like peter crouch    :laugh:

I googled "Milky Joe" and found this!!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk-2eWUblFo
WTF?? :laugh:

:D   he's great
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:01 pm

I personally think it's high time this Ballaque fella kept his gob shut. If Rafa doesn't or didn't want the story to come out he should stop talking to the bloke. It's high time all those concerned with the club at the highest level remembered that we're in the business of winning football matches, and that the club isn't run for their personal benefit and ego. I most definately include parry, the owners etc in that, but also I have to say, the manager as well.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:07 pm

The main problem with the club is that there is no one at the helm.
We had Moores who was lucky enough to have been born into money and has never earned a bleedin penny himself. A lifelong parasite.
Parry is the perfect example of a man promoted well beyond his ability and who knows it. Don't forget it was this leech who helped the yank prykes come in, without doing a basic "due diligence" survey on them.
We've got the G&H partnership who don't know a bloody thing about football (or "soccer" as they'd say). A pair of asset stripping pirates who saw an easy touch with Moores and Parry.

We've got Raffa who's wasted more money than he's spent well and seems to want to start a new 5 year plan every year. Parry is obviously using this to increase his grip on the Yanks' purse strings and has bolstered his position within the club that he obviously doesn't REALLY give a toss about.

Liverpool Football Club was built on the idea of having ONE Captain. From the day that Shanks offered his resignation over the Morrisey transfer to Everton and the board, sensibly, backed down we've had our best times with a strong leader who everyone at the club called "BOSS".

We've now got owners who haven't spent a penny and who stand to make millions. A major share holder, THE major share holder, who is happy to sit in sunny Spain watching the game on telly while counting the millions he's never earned. Parry who's agenda begins and ends with his bank balance and his own 5 star lifestyle. And Raffa who has spent the family silver with (and this is generous!) a 30% success rate. We've a team which contains the full spectrum of football talent, from genius to cr@p.

In the background is DIC. These guys are no mugs when it comes to investment but they never get involved in the day to day running of any of the businesses they've bought into. They buy into, and invest in, WINNERS, with very very few failures in their history. I cannot see them coming to LFC without major changes in the management, on and off the field.

At the end of the day I do think that it's time for Raffa to move on but the whole board room need to move on at the same time. It's going to be a while before the good times return.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:19 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
peewee wrote:I think tony has the best sig on here.  :D

Tony

:laugh: , very polite fella signs all his posts , just in case we didn't notice his avatar.    :D

Sorry lads...force of habit.
tonyeh

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:38 pm

peewee wrote:come on barry, rafa gave the story to him and wanted it to break, why else would he discuss it with him, this latest twist is damage limitation from rafa once again making out the fans are important blah blah blah.

rafa if the club and the fans are so important to you then i suggest you get on with the football and leave the politics to others and stop petty hints at resigning because you didnt get your way over something. in case you forgot we are a football club

ffs this club becomes more like a soap opera every day, keep it inside the club eh guys, rafa stop throwing mud about others ethics etc while getting your journalist mate to rock the boat

So you reckon Benitez is the bad guy in all of this?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Is right Rafa''s staying  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
peewee wrote:come on barry, rafa gave the story to him and wanted it to break, why else would he discuss it with him, this latest twist is damage limitation from rafa once again making out the fans are important blah blah blah.

rafa if the club and the fans are so important to you then i suggest you get on with the football and leave the politics to others and stop petty hints at resigning because you didnt get your way over something. in case you forgot we are a football club

ffs this club becomes more like a soap opera every day, keep it inside the club eh guys, rafa stop throwing mud about others ethics etc while getting your journalist mate to rock the boat

Peewee always reckons its Rafas fault!!
In fact it was Peewee Rafa refered to in his statement when he said....I get blamed for everything,Global warming and Fuel prices!
According to Pee though,Global warming is rafas fault and fuel prices are solely down to Dirk Kuyt!! :D  :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jono » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Sack Rafa get Paul Ince in :p
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:03 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

In fact it was Peewee Rafa refered to in his statement when he said....I get blamed for everything,Global warming and Fuel prices!
According to Pee though,Global warming is rafas fault and fuel prices are solely down to Dirk Kuyt!! :D  :nod

do i think rafa is solely to blame for the problems at the club? No

do i think rafa intended for this quit threat to be made public? yes

do i think rafa has a tendency to use the press to his benefit while at the same time to the detriment of the club? yes

rafa needs to concentrate on the football, thats why he is here, leave the politics for others and talking to a reporter who sat onb this until the opening day of the season is very bad judgment on rafas part, threatening to quit is bad judgment on rafas part, just like his spat with the owners last time was bad judgment.

i dont think rafa is in a strong enough position to dictate and threaten to quit, we won nothing the past two years while spending big
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:05 pm

tonyeh wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
peewee wrote:I think tony has the best sig on here.  :D

Tony

:laugh: , very polite fella signs all his posts , just in case we didn't notice his avatar.    :D

Sorry lads...force of habit.

carry on tony, its class  :)
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:16 pm

peewee wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

do i think rafa is solely to blame for the problems at the club? No

do i think rafa intended for this quit threat to be made public? yes

do i think rafa has a tendency to use the press to his benefit while at the same time to the detriment of the club? yes

rafa needs to concentrate on the football, thats why he is here, leave the politics for others and talking to a reporter who sat onb this until the opening day of the season is very bad judgment on rafas part, threatening to quit is bad judgment on rafas part, just like his spat with the owners last time was bad judgment.

i dont think rafa is in a strong enough position to dictate and threaten to quit, we won nothing the past two years while spending big

Well then come out and say what else you feel is wrong!As far as I can see its just Rafas and Dirk Kuyts fault according to you!In thread after thread you turn the discussion to one of the two...its becoming an obsession.
You continuously play down the yanks threat to our club and turn the blame on Rafa.
Benitez cares more for the club and fans than Parry and those two geriatric sh'itepushing redneck slags ever will.

Yes sometimes you can disagree with his team selections but be very careful what you wish for mate.If they sack rafa and one day do get in a "coach" that is willing to be just that and nothing else who jumps through their hoops we are fu'cked BIG TIME!

Anyway on to the game!
We NEED a win...Good luck boys,bit of passion for the badge lying on top of your heart would'nt go a miss!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:25 pm

barry my feelings for liverpool are as strong as ever, but i never forget the one main thing, we are a football club and we have been failing on the pitch, thats the fault of the manager, its his team, his selections and his tactics. this is nothing to do with the owners mate, the owners i just put to one side and if they ever start to affect whats happening on the pitch then i will turn on them

as for kuyt, well it goes hand in hand with rafas failings as a manager, the guy is constantly selected while showing all the football prowess of a squeezed orange
112-1077774096

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:15 pm

JohnBull wrote:The main problem with the club is that there is no one at the helm.
We had Moores who was lucky enough to have been born into money and has never earned a bleedin penny himself. A lifelong parasite.
Parry is the perfect example of a man promoted well beyond his ability and who knows it. Don't forget it was this leech who helped the yank prykes come in, without doing a basic "due diligence" survey on them.
We've got the G&H partnership who don't know a bloody thing about football (or "soccer" as they'd say). A pair of asset stripping pirates who saw an easy touch with Moores and Parry.

We've got Raffa who's wasted more money than he's spent well and seems to want to start a new 5 year plan every year. Parry is obviously using this to increase his grip on the Yanks' purse strings and has bolstered his position within the club that he obviously doesn't REALLY give a toss about.

Liverpool Football Club was built on the idea of having ONE Captain. From the day that Shanks offered his resignation over the Morrisey transfer to Everton and the board, sensibly, backed down we've had our best times with a strong leader who everyone at the club called "BOSS".

We've now got owners who haven't spent a penny and who stand to make millions. A major share holder, THE major share holder, who is happy to sit in sunny Spain watching the game on telly while counting the millions he's never earned. Parry who's agenda begins and ends with his bank balance and his own 5 star lifestyle. And Raffa who has spent the family silver with (and this is generous!) a 30% success rate. We've a team which contains the full spectrum of football talent, from genius to cr@p.

In the background is DIC. These guys are no mugs when it comes to investment but they never get involved in the day to day running of any of the businesses they've bought into. They buy into, and invest in, WINNERS, with very very few failures in their history. I cannot see them coming to LFC without major changes in the management, on and off the field.

At the end of the day I do think that it's time for Raffa to move on but the whole board room need to move on at the same time. It's going to be a while before the good times return.

John, you raise some good points, But I still think Rafa should not move on. Yes he has spent money on some average players in his 4 years, but I do think he has changed that, buying some quality that would improve the first team not the squad (for example Keane, I think he needs time to settle to see his best), if the owners do intend to buy Barry, then we get another good player that would add some quality to the squad. I know that some people would disagree with me about Barry, but I do rate him. I'll give Rafa a season or 2, this season is crucial, if he shows that we are challengers, then give him another year.

Your point on DIC, I have to agree, you got it spot on IMO, they will want to invest to Win thats why the U.A.E is so prestigious!

Ill agree with some posters on here saying Ballague should shut his mouth up, I don't think Rafa wants his 'resignation threat' to go public.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:41 pm

Ballague has done exactly what Raffa wanted him to.
It's all getting to be like an American soap opera. "Nothing is as it seems Agent Moulder".
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:57 pm

JohnBull wrote:Ballague has done exactly what Raffa wanted him to.
It's all getting to be like an American soap opera. "Nothing is as it seems Agent Moulder".

And you know this how??
No disrespect intended but last time i read one of your posts it was about Crouches missus sniffing stuff??
This affair which you choose not to embellish upon??
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion