Camacho quit over owen

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:02 pm

Ever see the episode of the Simpsons, Greenred, where they go to Japan?

Its like the robot cartoon show they watch in their hotel room!  :D  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:03 pm

raul has scored 1 GOAL in 30 GAMES for real madrid. he's not doing it. dropping him is the equivalent of sven dropping beckham. at least the manager had the balls to do it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:53 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Ever see the episode of the Simpsons, Greenred, where they go to Japan?

Its like the robot cartoon show they watch in their hotel room!  :D  :D

Yea i saw that episode,  :laugh:
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:58 pm

I'm actully glad Camacho resigned. He had the guts to drop the usually undroppable Raul (who, before anyone tries to argue, has been absolutely terrible), while he also had the common sense to at least (attempt) to bring introduce some defensive stability.

It's this kind of authoritive, "argue with me and suffer the consequences" attitude which usually keeps the huge egos in check. His policy of results over entertainment would've eventually made Real a dangerous opponent.

Oh well, can't really blame him from leaving....
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:39 pm

All is not so rosy in the Madrid Camp.
Let's hope Sven goes there, just to cap it off.
MO must be well passed off to be the centre of such unwelcome dressing room attention. Wouldn't suprise me if he were to move on to Barcelona, watch this space and see what the fee is. :blues:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:14 pm

stmichael wrote:raul has scored 1 GOAL in 30 GAMES for real madrid. he's not doing it. dropping him is the equivalent of sven dropping beckham. at least the manager had the balls to do it.

Yea, and the players got him fired for it!!!!!

Not hard to see whats causing the problems at Real.

They need a manager with some proper authority to bring the galacticos back to earth.

Funny enough, both Raul and Beckham are playing again tonight.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:17 pm

that likes with newcastle drop shearer and your sacked guillt went ans ronson went when they drop the fans ideal and now raul and the players have done it cus camcho didn't play raul no play is bigger than the club and u got to realise that
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:16 pm

typical raul madrid owen drops to the bench and raul plays no matter wat his form ???
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:24 pm

beckham just scored a beautiful free kick
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:44 pm

owen coming on ???
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby glambertino » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:47 pm

I've just seen the Real match.  Former manure muncher scored a great free kick but apart from that his lack of world class was evident.

Having said that Real played better as the game went along.  Raul, Figo and Ronaldo played well.  Raul hit the top corner of the post with a great curling shot.

Owen came on for 10 minutes and didn't see the ball.  I doubt he'd come back in January though.  If he's not playing he can't score and anyway everyone goes through a drought.
glambertino

Postby the great one » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:50 pm

i don't want him bak like most of the posters on here imo he sold us out once and made a profit from it and he can do it a game a lepoard doesn't change its spots and he heart wasn't in the club he's not a scouser hess an evertonian. and real madrid are abit lucky to be 1-0 up
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:58 pm

real would probably try to sell him back for 20m, they can ****** off
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:34 am

Becks scores, owen sub last 10 mins, Becks refuses to comment on owen and said he doesnt know what Carlos's problems are :D
Michael your welcome back anytime lad just pick up the phone if you havent already :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:05 am

DAVID BECKHAM hit a stunning winner — after Michael Owen fell victim to the Real Madrid revolt.

New boss Mariano Garcia Remon bowed to player power after angry stars forced Jose Camacho to quit over his decision to pick Owen ahead of skipper Raul.

The England striker was relegated to the bench as Remon restored Raul and Becks — who had lost their places in Camacho’s last game at Espanyol on Saturday.

And Becks got Madrid’s galacticos off the hook with an unstoppable 61st- minute 30-yard free-kick.

The wonder strike transformed the mood after Madrid fans had vented their fury against the stars they normally worship.

Deafening whistles and jeers rang out — with the worst treatment aimed at Raul and Roberto Carlos.

Beckham said: “I’m surprised by the criticism that Roberto Carlos got. I was surprised he was singled out. Maybe it was because the Press said some of the senior players forced Camacho out.

“But it was his decision — and the players all worked hard for him.”

He added: “Scoring goals like that improves your confidence. I’m happy with the goal — it was important for us to get the victory after everything that’s happened.”

Owen replaced Ronaldo with 10 minutes left.

Youd be welcome back to anfield Michael in january lad :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion