Dudek theatens to quit - If he don't like it, f*&k off!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:22 pm

can't believe Dudek is complaining that he's out of the team, he's been dropped 4 maybe 5 games?  As far as im concerned he can go in Jan, bring in cover for Kirkland and move on. :angry:

Dudek threatens to quit Liverpool 

Dudek's career statistics 
Liverpool goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek says he will leave the club at Christmas if he does not regain the number one spot.
Dudek, 31, told the News of the World: "It will not be easy to leave Liverpool but I might have to.

"I have to think of my situation. If I don't play for Liverpool, the national coach won't pick me for Poland.

"It is very important I know what my future is here, or else I have to look for another club. I will wait until Christmas and then see the manager."

However, Dudek insisted he is happier under the management of Rafael Benitez than he was working for previous Anfield chief Gerard Houllier.

Dudek added: "Benitez is not a bad manager. Gerard Houllier, last year, was a bad manager.

"I always got the feeling that he was waiting for a mistake from me so he could put Chris Kirkland in goal.

"So I was very happy when Houllier was sacked."

Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:27 pm

It was always going to come to this one way or another. I was amazed we bought two top class keepers on the same day anyway. Always seemed like it would never work. I think its only lasted this long because Kirkland never played. Dudek will attract a fee and we can bring somone cheaper in as cover and use the spare change elswhere. They will be lining up to join us in view of Kirklands sick record  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:27 pm

Dudek added: "Benitez is not a bad manager. Gerard Houllier, last year, was a bad manager.

"I always got the feeling that he was waiting for a mistake from me so he could put Chris Kirkland in goal.

"So I was very happy when Houllier was sacked."

Ooer bitchy :D
That statements going to go down well I suspect, players that disrespect the club and critises it to tabloids show no respect, remember westerveld he was shipped out for to much talkin :O .
But it was taken from the NOTW and I wouldnt even wipe me @rse on that rag :glare:
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:35 pm

it was taken from the NOTW and I wouldnt even wipe me @rse on that rag

thats what makes it worse, he decided to talk to them!

This is a total lack pf respect and he can go.  Won't be hard to ship him out, especially seeing poland are in the EU and he doesn't need a work permit.

Kirkland is a Future England Keeper, even Sven knows that.  I honestly think we should sell Dudek for 2-3 million and bring in an expirenced keeper aged 32 or 33 on a free.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:45 pm

Must admit like his face was set yesterday in the dugout, But with sicknote kirkland we do need another good goalie, If rafa lets Dudek play in cup games, he will get games or if kirkland gets injured again :glare: .
To be honest though our defending is awful and Dudek doesnt command the goal like Kirkland. So until our defence starts looking like one, Kirkland is going to get in the first team before Dudek.
Last week against brum Kirkland had to be worried about what 2 shots? the whole game unfortunatly for us one went in.
Yesterday the same he hardly had to do anything, there was no way he could have stopped the first goal, that was up to Josemi.
And the second goal well erm the defenders should have sorted that one out aswell :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:04 pm

We need a new goalkeeper in the first place replacing Dudek wouldn't be a bad idea however I do not see Rafa buying a new goalkeeper.

This is off topic but Neil Mellor is linked to a move to West Brom.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:11 pm

A.B. wrote:This is off topic but Neil Mellor is linked to a move to West Brom.

I heard but I doubt he will go, he done nothing for west ham because his hearts at Liverpool and rightly so, the kid came through the acadamy we have the right coaching staff now, and a fantastic manager, if he looses a bit more weight, gets a good run I can see him being a good little striker for us, he has got passion and thats what we need to keep in the squad.

Plus with our striker shortage we cant afford to let him go, hes only young if he gets stronger gets his runs in he can maybe become a fox in the box.
well we shall have to wait and see.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:23 pm

after all  houiller done for him bringing him from Feynoord establishing himself in poland national team shortly after joining us i find it a bitter attack on houiller, wat about all them slips up the forlan one most notable yet houiller stuck by him when most of us would of wanted kirkland in goal.lost abit of respect from dudek after these comments chris kirkland had to warm the bench when he they both joined the club so no the shoes on the other foots and he don't like it but who have we really got for replacemeant paul harisson - inexperienced luzi - simply not good enough,
Catalyhud  who was was linked with when rafa come signed a new contract 2 months ago
  :(
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:40 pm

Cudaccini anyone? Hasn't started in a game yet for Chelsea.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:04 am

What happened to the link with Casillas?

Dudek should be greatful to GH for bringing him here and playing him in majority of the games. He lost his place because he made judgement errors which leads to lost points. Now he is behind Kirkland and rightly so. He knows he play for a big club and the competition for places. He should quit moaning (if he actually did moan).
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby polygemus » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:05 am

Kirkland is a Future England Keeper, even Sven knows that.  I honestly think we should sell Dudek for 2-3 million and bring in an expirenced keeper aged 32 or 33 on a free.

I think the best move is sell Dudek, promote a GK from the youth team as cover and keep the money from the sale. Cuz u dun c GK getting substituted very often. Dun forget that Liverpool is in the red financially this year after GH burst the bank buying Cisse (as well as 15 million pounds for Diao and Diouf the previous season)

On the other hand I smell an injury to Kirkland coming up (I hope I better be wrong lol !) and Dudek will regain his place without any fuss.
polygemus

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:53 am

I can understand Dudek having a serious re-think if he know's he's not number one anymore - he's gettin to that age now - if he wants to keep goal for his national side - he needs to be playing regular - havin said that - whinging to the papers (NOTW) if that's what he did is b*ll*cks
Agree with the other comments - don't remember Kirkland moaning when he was on the bench (mind you, it was only once or twice as he was always injured)
Cudicini is class - but a) I heard he's staying at Chelski to fight for his place b) he must be on top notch wonga their c) wouldn't we be creating the same situation we are discussing now (ie 2 class keepers) ???? ???
SouthernScouser

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion