Ambitious gerrard in threat to quit anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby FrankM » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:04 pm

Well said Santa.
Lets hope for one of those famous European nights at Anfield tonight. Then we will be talking tomorrow about who is coming not going.
Either way cant see Stevie going in January to a club in the CL that he cant play for.

Best of luck to the lads tonight.
FrankM

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:09 pm

Paul C wrote:Yeah I know it's another Gerrard thread but it contains new matterial, this is from the Daily Post today

STEVEN GERRARD last night revealed he may quit Liverpool at the end of this season if the club cannot compete at the highest level.

"If I am successful at this club I won't have to be looking anywhere else, but if things are not looking good then I will have to think again in the summer,"

What would players think if us fans operated in the same way ?

I am slowly gettin' sick of football , stuff like this makes me wonder if our loyalty is worth anything to some of these overpaid b'stards.
:angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:24 pm

Players come and go they always have ,if he goes in the right way and is up front about everything then i wish him all the best ,but if he shafts us like mcmanaman and owen then i will treat him with the disdain he deserves. personally i think he will stay,hes made it clear he wants to win things with L.F.C first and formost. He must see how much we've improved already and with 6 months of the season to go we can only keep on improving.Hopfully by Jan we'll know where we are with the funding and rafa will have some idea where he wants to go with the club and by the summer we will all know what the situation is,i think we should worry about it then.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:48 pm

XSD wrote:I wish Gerrard could think more about what he can do for Liverpool over the next fews years, rather than what Liverpool can do for him.

He's given so much to the club, and when he asks for something it should be answered.  He is right, he can't wait forever...
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:18 pm

he won't leave now, did u see what it meant to him tonight whwn he scored that winner, he wanted it as much as we did - Gerrard is Liverpool thru and thru and he will be satying on till the ned of this season, most probably longer.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:38 pm

I thought that too,until I heard him being interviewed after the game and it was "fingers crossed" and "who knows" wether hed be winning silverware with "This" club. I have to say id be gutted if he did go,not so much because hes our best player,more because he thinks we arent a force anymore.
:( loyalty or wealth,what would we choose?
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:42 pm

If Gerrard wants to leave then so be it, but i wouldn't understand if he did beacuse he could have left in the summer and he stayed, he has gone through 2 bad seasons and now when we are showng signs of being a force once again he leaves? no i can't see it.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:44 pm

LFC #1 wrote:If Gerrard wants to leave then so be it, but i wouldn't understand if he did beacuse he could have left in the summer and he stayed, he has gone through 2 bad seasons and now when we are showng signs of being a force once again he leaves? no i can't see it.

I agree. He won't make the same mistake Michael Owen made. That was mistake was leaving at a wrong time.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:51 pm

but after the win to continue on in the champions league and awarded the money to persure some perchases in january do you really think he will leave??
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:57 pm

I hope you are right. But on a happier note -WHAT A NIGHT!! Words cannot describe the jubilation Im feeling now,Gerrards goal was special but what about Neil Mellor eh-He was onto that like a rocket. :D Man u also got scalped just to top it all off
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:00 am

"Because of what I said and how it looked in the papers I felt I was under pressure to put in a good performance tonight. I wanted to help us into the last 16 and do a job for the fans and for the club." -Steven Gerrard on tonights performance.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:24 am

you forgot this..."I wanted to win this here more than anywher else!"
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous