Owen may quit madrid

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:49 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The England striker has started just ONE game — in which he was substituted — has NOT scored and has FAILED to play a single minute in the Champions League.

And to think that he would only sign the contract (which he didn't eventually) if we qualified for the champions league..... What an irony  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:53 pm

The_Rock wrote:And to think that he would only sign the contract (which he didn't eventually) if we qualified for the champions league..... What an irony  :D

:D  :D  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:34 pm

stmichael wrote:
The_Rock wrote:And to think that he would only sign the contract (which he didn't eventually) if we qualified for the champions league..... What an irony  :D

:D  :D  :D

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:14 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:“But I’ve no doubt I’ll come through. I’ve been through tougher periods in my career and I’ve come through it.”

When did OWen go through tougher periods in his career then exactly? He's never struggled to get a first team place at Liverpool really since breaking into the team, I dont ever remember him being low down in the pecking order or dropped in his long anfield career.

I think Owen is buggered to be honest, and I dont mean by Marco from Big Brother. If he starts on the bench and not regularly in the side, he Isn't gonna put together any form whatsoever, and thus never get a regular place.
HIs only chance is a long-term injury lay off to one of the other strikers.

He'll have to kick Ronaldo in the Balls during training or something.
I dont think we should have him back, hes gonna look like a fool, and HE never gave Rafa a chance in the first place. Also CIsse is gonna be peeved cause he was saying last year, oh i cant wait to play with OWen, then OWen buggers off.

I thought it was a strange move from the outset, i never thought he would get in that team, Ronaldo is pure class, ad Raul, even if he aint scorin, is the captain of the team.

He went for his own agenda, to get champions league and spanish league winners medals, so he went for greed.
I have no sypathy for him, its what ya call....."tough sh*t"
72-1090627431

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:49 pm

I think his low period hes talking about is when he got caught gambelling and it being plastered in the tabloids. :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:36 pm

Bottom lines is that Madrid have better players than Owen in his position. He will never get a game before the other strikers. Owen obviously had great beleif in his own ability but it was predicatbly misplaced.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:57 pm

Parchpea

I know what yer saying but remember his hat trick against Germany, that was a dream and that was ability.....so are we never gonna see that again?
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:33 pm

Funny thing is, Liverpool has become the team that he would want to play for. Had he stayed, I think he would have scored alot of goals.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:53 pm

Please stop this madness. Can't even one day pass without you guys posting an Owen-topic. Guess what. He has gone, and he will never return. He let the club down. Still you go about praising him like he was the lord himself. For me he was among the 100 best strikers in the world in 1998-2001. Last three years have been disappointing, and he has shown himself as a below average striker. Now please let him live his spanish dream as a fringe player in madrid, and stop these silly worthless posts.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:18 am

Michael Owen’s chance  will surely come he will bide his time, the boys  quality  and will be a success at Real Madrid if only for his unstinting application towards the game .

Lets face it he was continually written off practically every occasion he endured a lean patch but the lad fought the adversity  and the constant disparaging  and derogatory  reports from the press  and came through  it with his reputation as a World Class Striker intact .

That’s why I advocate there is more to the character of Michael Owen than to accept  defeat and be vanquished into obscurity  . If not I for one would accept him back with open arms because he will always be a Liverpool Legend he just played in the wrong Liverpool team .

There is a lot of gloating on this forum as to his present predicament and I find that disconcerting  Owen provided some of the most memorable moments along with Fowler for the Liverpool of the nineties ,sour grapes can sometimes leave a distasteful aroma lets not  bury Michael Owen just yet
He deserves that much at the very least 
??? ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:23 am

No gloating, he can come back anyday. The lad is an absolute credit to Liverpool, he is worth £10m just for his promotional value.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby greenred » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:25 am

Good player but no Liverpool legend.He didnt win the big prizes and he left too young to be considered a great.I wish him all the best in Spain but i reckon he`s bitten off more than he can chew with that club.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:27 am

well talk sports where just talking abut him and they said liverpool will take him back  but they must pay a fee that is unknown  due to liverpool taking a player in the deal ,THEY say (TS)owen on the other had will not come back to liverpool but a london team will bid for him at the end of the year or he might go out on a loan deal after next week ....not sure about all that
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:35 am

Greenred its the team as a collective group that win prizes not individuals and how many top strikers stay at a club that is clearly underachieving for more than 5 yrs. Owen was world class and deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Fowler albeit not Dalglish no-one was that good ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:42 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Greenred its the team as a collective group that win prizes not individuals and how many top strikers stay at a club that is clearly underachieving for more than 5 yrs. Owen was world class and deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Fowler albeit not Dalglish no-one was that good ???

So why did he go to another underachieving club? Personally i dont see him as a legend,he would have needed to stick around another few seasons for that.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion