Arbeloa heading back to spain?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Good deal and a 5 million profit but i think we could push madrid for 10 million

no chance.

He's only got 1 year left on his contract.

We'd be very lucky to get £8m... and I think a deal will be done closer to £6m
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Redman in wales wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Good deal and a 5 million profit but i think we could push madrid for 10 million

no chance.

He's only got 1 year left on his contract.

We'd be very lucky to get £8m... and I think a deal will be done closer to £6m

Madrid are desperate for defenders, and I thought their fan base was calling for more Spaniards, no? Well they haven't signed any yet, so in the same way that English players are over priced over here, we should apply the same standards to Madrid when they want to bring back Spanish talent. 10 still seems a bit OTT, but I think I would rather keep Arbeloa for a season and try to work on an extension during the year than sell him for 6 or lower.
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:10 pm

We would all rather keep Arby as backup but we need the money.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:58 pm

bavlondon wrote:We would all rather keep Arby as backup but we need the money.

but the key to getting more of it is to act like you don't need it.  :D
JoeTerp

Postby sajven » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm

I wouldn't be to worried if we let him go, Johnson is a far more capable player and i am sure raffa has a few tricks up his sleeve.
sajven

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:39 pm

Well one trick I hope he never tries again is playing Skrtel at RB.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:50 pm

ALVARO ARBELOA is expected to join Real Madrid next week.

The Liverpool defender will make a £4.5million switch to the Bernabeu.

But Kop team-mate - and fellow Spanish international - Xabi Alonso looks to have missed out on the chance of a move to Madrid.

Arbeloa, 26, was signed from Deportivo La Coruna for £2.6m two years ago.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez originally wanted £8.5m for the full-back, who made 43 appearances last season.

Real responded with a bid of £2.5m but now the clubs appear to have reached a compromise figure of £4.5m.

Arbeloa's agent Manuel Garcia Quilon said: "Discussions with Real are not over and I expect a solution early next week."

And Real sporting director Jorge Valdano added: "Arbeloa is a basic part of our plans."

Real have been looking to strengthen their defence and midfield after splashing out nearly £180m on forwards Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka and Karim Benzema.

But it looks as if their £24m move for midfield linchpin Alonso has ]hit a brick wall. A Madrid source said: "It's at a standstill."

Benitez has been desperately fending off Madrid's overtures for Alonso and a Barcelona raid for fellow midfielder Javier Mascherano.

But while Alonso and Mascherano both want to play in Spain, one Madrid player fancies trying his luck at Liverpool - and he's a bit of an animal!

Hitman Alvaro Negredo, nicknamed the Wild Animal, seems to be on his way out of the Bernabeu after Madrid's striker spending spree.

Negredo, 23, came through the ranks at Madrid but was farmed out to Almeria for two seasons, where he scored 32 goals in 70 games.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp wants to sign the 6ft 1in hitman but he is not keen on a switch to White Hart Lane.

Now Negredo is hoping Benitez will meet Madrid's £13m asking price - and team him with Spanish scoring sensation Fernando Torres in the Anfield front line.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:23 am

The media also said that Rafa is looking to Sell Dossena to Napoli for 7 Million Sterling. In addition to the Arby selling to RM, Rafa must have something big up his slieves..... Maybe in fact will really be Silva after all.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:23 pm

No I think it is Hamsik.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill