Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Is it safe for me to come back on here now :p
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:25 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Is it safe for me to come back on here now :p

Quiet before the storm nanny - if we dont win tomorrow it will be a war zone again.

We'll win though  :nod
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:27 pm

Reg wrote:Last night I went out to a great restaurant with friends and had a whacking great steak, a couple of beers and a bottle of red.
Just got back now from another steak house and 3 caipirinhas.
Tomorrow lunch is a bar-be-que at an Italian family´s place where I will participate in drink and mirth.
Sunday, another bar-be at a dutch firnd´s place. I might consider a drink or two.
Monday and tuesday are the carnaval holiday here so no work. We'll have a bar-be at home with friends. I feel a thirst coming on.
Tuesday I might pause for reflection, then have a drink or two.

I dont understand why people get so stressed about a game of footie they can influence in no way whatsoever when they can have a bar-be with family and friends and a seriosu good laugh and a little snoozle or ten to keep away the cold.

Good weekend to all, I hope to be compus mentus by wednesday.  :laugh:

"Take her down bosun......."

don't take the p1ss reg it doesn't suit ya!

every weekend during the season is the "stressed out time" but feck what other teams do, i only concentrate on LFC, don't worry mate the ale will be flowing tomorrow,anyway eating is cheating!  :D  the ale will taste even better when we get the result tomorrow i know we are capable of! we are at home-feck the doom & gloomers on here, we are at home & i'm confident we will approach the game in the right frame of mind from the start.

attack,attack,attack,attack,attack!! COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:53 pm

To be honest im trying not to get caught up too much with the league. For me we have already blown it and I just can't see Utd dropping points. i am just looking to Europe now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:03 am

bavlondon wrote:To be honest im trying not to get caught up too much with the league. For me we have already blown it and I just can't see Utd dropping points. i am just looking to Europe now.

Ahh, I see your still optimistic as ever Bav  :D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Madmax » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:06 am

I will only lose concentration and hope once were totally out of the league.. At the moment still hopeful and optimistic.. Even though as many here i feel we have blown our chances but i still have faith we could do it..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:08 am

bavlondon wrote:To be honest im trying not to get caught up too much with the league. For me we have already blown it and I just can't see Utd dropping points. i am just looking to Europe now.

Yeah, well, when they have all the ref's in their pocket and are cheating, diving, lucky b@stards, I can see where you are coming from. Yesterday just makes me chuffed to bits that Rafa said what he said, and he was proven right. If the officials had have done their job, they'd have dropped points earlier and that's a fact.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:09 am

woof woof ! wrote:And before yer start with yer "yeah but's", thank f'uck you weren't in Istanbul, given the level of confidence and support shown in this forum lately, the team could've been forgiven for packing it in at half time and f'ucking off to the airport.

I was there in Istanbul, and sung my heart out at half time.

We all have opinions - so yoy can't have a go at anyone.

You cant say anyone questioning Rafa is "Plastic".
Last edited by Effes on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:44 am

bavlondon wrote:After not winning it for so many years we should have been treating every game as a cup final not now when we have been over taken.

I think because Liverpool haven't won it the club and management etc are somewhat unaware of what is required, whereas fergie knows you need to win most games and draws are fatal.

But then he has matchwinners in his team, we could maybe boast Kuyt, Gerrard and Torres as matchwinners, while they can boast Rooney, Ronaldo, Scholes, Nani, Tevez, Berbatov and the rest are more contributing to winning matches than our counterparts. Even now, coming on five years in charge, Rafa still hasn't worked out you need to win games and not losing is nice but not necessarily good enough. Was just watching MOTD, I thought their analysis of the lack of width of Chelsea was good if not hardly "news"

Didn't Mourinho, the supposed "special one", have wide players and then do away with them? I've said many times, it wasn't the mancs catching up ground but Chelsea conceding it. fergie kept pretty much the same squad, Josie changed too much and didn't cover his CBs enough in letting Gallas and Huth go if not more CBs. I find it so funny that some talk of Cashley as the best LB in the world and yet he's hardly won anything since his move - if anything at all.

I don't believe we need to win every game, but I'm thinking winning 10+ of the last 13 may be needed and then it might take a win at old trafford to put us in with a real chance. If we beat them then that takes the gap down to two points on same games played, I can see them dropping more points, the problem is we need to drop less points than them. Today is a must win, we lose and I think you can kiss goodbye to a title challenge even if we won at old trafford.

They got away with a result yesterday, Ronaldo should have been sent off - straight red for kicking out, or a yellow for that and a yellow he got for diving = red. He scored the winner, wasn't overly convinced by MGP's fall in the box, but they also hit the post. I wonder if we will come that close let alone win
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:56 pm

This thread should be renamed to 'Every last 5 mins of every game should be treated like a cup final' becasue thats all we seem to manage.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:19 pm

:laugh:  couldnt have said it better myself..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:25 am

Just seen the match :(  this thread needs to be locked, optimism gone.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:45 am

Well do you blame us? We have thrown away a real chance to win the league.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:32 pm

bavlondon wrote:This thread should be renamed to 'Every last 5 mins of every game should be treated like a cup final' becasue thats all we seem to manage.

I think we're better off not playing the games like they are all cup finals, we tend to be shocking in cup finals or unlucky.

2007 : L1-2 to AC Milan, played better than them and lost
2006 : 0-2 down to West Ham in the FA Cup
2006 : L0-1 to Sao Paolo, three (?) goals chalked off for offside
2005 : 0-3 down at half time to AC Milan
2005 : L2-3 to Chelsea
2001 : W5-4 against Alaves - a-la-f-in-who? Took an own goal and two extra time red cards before we saw them off
2001 : W2-1 against Arsenal, Owen got us out of jail (83rd & 88th mins)
2001 : D1-1 against Brum, won on penalties
1996 : L0-1 against the mancs

Even in 1992 and 1995 it was poor fare against opposition we should have demolished. I think we're better off steering away from using cup final analogies myself. Shouldn't really need it, the players should be looking to win every game we play and instilling a "must win" mentality should have been done yonks ago. Talking of which, anyone remember or know what happened to Wim Jonk? I seem to recall suggestion he would follow Bergkamp to Arsenal back when
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion