Cool Hand Luke wrote:You tell em dawg.

:D

Last time I tried that mate I got accused through asking

"what happened to YNWA ? "

as taking the "moral high ground"   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Bad Bob wrote:As for getting gee'd up about the run in, I think it is time.  We've had to deal with the disappointment of being overhauled in the league but it's now time to put that behind us and see what kind of pressure we can put on the Mancs for the remainder of the season.  If we win 13 games on the trot, I'll be delighted--even if we come up short in the title race.  So, I'm going to try and focus less on fretting about what the Mancs do and more on what we accomplish in our remaining games...it's the only way to preserve some sanity and keep some perspective, IMO.

In terms of the Champions League, while I acknowledge we haven't always been able to juggle both I still wouldn't want to see us completely deprioritize that competition.  For one, it's a decent chance for silverware and, while downgrading the importance of the CL has been a bit of the fashion around here recently, it still is a pretty fantastic competition to win.  More importantly, though, I think a good CL run will help us keep a winning momentum in the league. Success breeds success and I think knocking Real Madrid out, for instance, will give the lads the extra verve they need to get the job done in the league.  Conversely, bowing out early might dent morale and heap more pressure on everyone to perform in the league lest the season be considered a real let down.  So, for me, the farther we progress in the CL, the better we'll fare in the league.

Well said Bob an i totaly agree with every word.

In it great though that we are felling this way, Stomach in knots an feeling sick with exitment i might add every time that whistle goes for kick off , mind you not just the whistle but days before a game thinking an thinking, weying up the ins an outs its been so long since weve been able to do that. An im loving it,

I can feel it in me waters the mancs will drop points an i think it will be against unlikey sides , poss one of them being Newcastle. an yes i have had me tablets :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:55 pm

Last night I went out to a great restaurant with friends and had a whacking great steak, a couple of beers and a bottle of red.
Just got back now from another steak house and 3 caipirinhas.
Tomorrow lunch is a bar-be-que at an Italian family´s place where I will participate in drink and mirth.
Sunday, another bar-be at a dutch firnd´s place. I might consider a drink or two.
Monday and tuesday are the carnaval holiday here so no work. We'll have a bar-be at home with friends. I feel a thirst coming on.
Tuesday I might pause for reflection, then have a drink or two.

I dont understand why people get so stressed about a game of footie they can influence in no way whatsoever when they can have a bar-be with family and friends and a seriosu good laugh and a little snoozle or ten to keep away the cold.

Good weekend to all, I hope to be compus mentus by wednesday.  :laugh:

"Take her down bosun......."
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:08 pm

I too think the time for navel gazing, discussions about the manager and his contract etc is drawing to a close. We all know he is going to do the job his way for the remainder of the season, which will see the occasional strange selection/odd substitution. We're going to have to live with it, get on with it etc and it'll be interesting to see how we go from here. There are obviously many of us who think there have been some fairly large gaffes during the course of the campaign and indeed over the last five years, but there'll be plenty of time for looking at that come the end of the season.

I do also though think that Man Utd will drop points, although if you believe that ultimately they won't drop enough to allow us to get home it's not really your fault I don't think. You can't make yourself believe something if you don't actually believe it, it really doesn't matter how hard you try.

Anyway, the odds are against us and rightly so, but odds change. Redbilly's excellent chronological look at how games come up does throw up a couple of little windows of opportunity for us. I'd agree with him that both us and the Mancs will win this weekend, and then I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on Tuesday night that Mourinho's Inter Milan can throw a wee spanner into the Mancs works. Mourinho has only ever lost once against Ferguson in twelve meetings (with various clubs) and it'd be lovely if he could just flip a little hand grenade over the fence with a 1-0 Home win in the Champions League. Then I agree with Bob about the Champions League giving us some momentum, and in any case I expect we'll beat Madrid Home and Away anyway.

From there, we have our two most important matches of the season. Forget about beating the Mnacs at Home, or Chelsea Away or any of that stuff. Our season absolutely hinges on Middlesboro Away, and Sunderland at Home. We've struggled at the riverside in the past, while our Home form against lesser teams has obviously been dodgy. If though we can win both of those, we will be right up with them. I know they'll have games in hand, but at least we'll be in proximity. I'll be a Spurs fan for the Carling Cup final, hoping that 'Arry can stop all this nonsense about them winning five trophies ina  season, then obviously I'll once again be hoping that Mourinho can fashion another miracle in the second leg.

At the moment they are like a juggernaught, but you can stop one of them provided you can damage it a bit. I see Inter Milan in the Champions League, and Spurs in the Carling Cup final as small arms fire. If one of those two can actually beat the Mancs, and we can stay in touch, a big haymaker from us at Old Trafford could just put the old wobbles on.

I'll tell you this right now, for free. They are nowhere near as good a side as the pundits and commentators collective w@nking would have you believe. The trouble is, unless we can get close enough to put the squeeze on, they may not have to prove the point.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:51 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Yer know lads , a recurring theme seems to be that we have to win every remaining game ( and we probably do) but the inference is that MAN U won't stumble and "drop" any points.

Sometimes wonder where the "belief" is in this place. Seems many so called Liverpool fans have more confidence in Man U's ability than they do in the team they claim to support.

And before yer start with yer "yeah but's", thank f'uck you weren't in Istanbul, given the level of confidence and support shown in this forum lately, the team could've been forgiven for packing it in at half time and f'ucking off to the airport.

:(

I'm sure many of us a trying to stay Optimistic Woof. But like it or not, believe it or not between us and the Mancs which team do you think looks most likely to drop points ?

Whatever your answer I know mine, but I'm l'm going to be honest with you in that I'm living slightly more in hope than of faith regarding our optimistic chances.

I fecking hope we can do it, and while theirs hope and a Mathmatical possibility I'll keep up with my Optimistic hope.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:59 pm

edit
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Madmax » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:14 pm

going to be really tough important thing as the thread man said we must win every game. Would be fab if we win against citeh and boro and then beat mannure on thier own turf.. IF that was to happen it will make me a strong believer. I think mannure will drop points but the crucial thing is when they do we MUST not feck up any chances to leapfrog the feckers. Fecking already we have ruined several chances.....

We just have to take each game as it comes and just hope we win..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm

:laugh: you must have sucked too many toffees  :p
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:41 am

that's not Nanny its one of the kids! Impostor! :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:57 am

Oh my :censored: god im gonna kill him the dirty blueshite, i went to Asda an must of left the commputer on with the site open , Im really sorry but them post were not by me but by my bitter son. :censored:, im gonna :censored: batter him , No wonder he went out laughin when i got back, Hes gonna laugh on the other side of his gob when i get me hands on him.

Once again i apoligise if anyone was offended, SORRY
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 am

NANNY RED wrote:Oh my :censored: god im gonna kill him the dirty blueshite, i went to Asda an must of left the commputer on with the site open , Im really sorry but them post were not by me but by my bitter son. :censored:, im gonna :censored: batter him , No wonder he went out laughin when i got back, Hes gonna laugh on the other side of his gob when i get me hands on him.

bollox that was you.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:03 am

NANNY RED wrote:Oh my :censored: god im gonna kill him the dirty blueshite, i went to Asda an must of left the commputer on with the site open , Im really sorry but them post were not by me but by my bitter son. :censored:, im gonna :censored: batter him , No wonder he went out laughin when i got back, Hes gonna laugh on the other side of his gob when i get me hands on him.

LOL  I would not like to be him, for more reasons than just being a bitter.   :wwww
heimdall

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:04 am

Its ok Nanny we all know the truth now ...... once a blue always a :censored: .

Bet you hope Everton sign Alonso now  :D
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:06 am

Bam i feel sick, honest reading what the get has wrote, Honest to god im :censored: mortified here , Why would i write :censored: like that, I thought you knew me better than that,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion