Premier league home game campaign - Please lets improve the atmosphere....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:14 am

I don't know if the club gets a big mark up on selling tickets to Germans and other Europeans but its surely not right depriving the local lads of tickets if Germans aren't even going to show up?

At least the Irish when they go over have a bit of craic with the locals and sing a few songs. The place is turning into Old Trafford these days.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:18 am

Its all about the wonga now though, the club arnt gona give you a ticket if your postcode begins with L, they prefer to give them to outside Liverpool as they know local scousers wont be in the club shop spending a small fortune.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:22 am

I'm an OOTER, and if truth be told, the vast majority of tickets should go to locals.

A small amount at a mark up should be made available to the rest of us, but thats just my opinion.

However, I can understand why the club sees an opportunity to sell expensive tickets with the hospitality meal in the Centenary Stand (I've done that) to make a few quid in the hope that the OOTER fan will visit the muesem,  buy a shirt, scarf and a few DVDs in the store on the way home.

Football in the 21st century, unfortunately.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:33 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Its all about the wonga now though, the club arnt gona give you a ticket if your postcode begins with L, they prefer to give them to outside Liverpool as they know local scousers wont be in the club shop spending a small fortune.

Thats is BS, no wonder you end up with anti-OOTER sentiments
Half the fun of watching Liverpool from afar on the TV  is trying to work out what is being sung
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:56 am

laza wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Its all about the wonga now though, the club arnt gona give you a ticket if your postcode begins with L, they prefer to give them to outside Liverpool as they know local scousers wont be in the club shop spending a small fortune.

Half the fun of watching Liverpool from afar on the TV  is trying to work out what is being sung

What the hell are you chatting about?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby looprevil » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:46 am

Here in Canada I get most of the liverpool games on TV, I love turning up the volume during home games and listening to the singing and chants because it adds so much to the game.  I have noticed that some games this season and last it seems like a lot of fans are sitting on their hands for much of the match.  I would love to see constant singing during the games, its part of why this team is so special.  If I was able to go to games I wouldn't shut up.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:26 am

laza wrote:

Keep your hair on Laza, it is true that since we won the CL half of Anfield is full of glory hunters that DO NOT  know the words to songs, they all have loads of bags out of the Liverpool shop with them.
They read the s*n in the ground, Im not saying it cause they are OOters and Im all for support away from Liverpool, but I dont like the club giving 150 tickets to BMG fans, for such a big game like against Spurs. When people I know could'nt even get a ticket.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:41 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
laza wrote:

Keep your hair on Laza, it is true that since we won the CL half of Anfield is full of glory hunters that DO NOT  know the words to songs, they all have loads of bags out of the Liverpool shop with them.
They read the s*n in the ground, Im not saying it cause they are OOters and Im all for support away from Liverpool, but I dont like the club giving 150 tickets to BMG fans, for such a big game like against Spurs. When people I know could'nt even get a ticket.

Well I'll be at the Brum game on the 1st Feb and I won't be reading the fukn S*n thats for sure, and I know dozens of songs.  I got a ticket in the Kop end for the reason being that I wanted to sing and not sit in the Centenerary or Main Stand where most overseas/out of town fans tend to sit and the atmosphere seems to be more muted.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:45 am

LFC #1 wrote:Well I'll be at the Brum game on the 1st Feb and I won't be reading the fukn S*n thats for sure, and I know dozens of songs.  I got a ticket in the Kop end for the reason being that I wanted to sing and not sit in the Centenerary or Main Stand where most overseas/out of town fans tend to sit and the atmosphere seems to be more muted.

Thanx for that Scott, see even you noticed it. I know your a genuine Liverpool fan along with Laza, there are a lot of glory hunters e.g. they supported Manure last season now they are supporting us.
These are the ones I cannot stomach.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:29 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:Well I'll be at the Brum game on the 1st Feb and I won't be reading the fukn S*n thats for sure, and I know dozens of songs.  I got a ticket in the Kop end for the reason being that I wanted to sing and not sit in the Centenerary or Main Stand where most overseas/out of town fans tend to sit and the atmosphere seems to be more muted.

Thanx for that Scott, see even you noticed it. I know your a genuine Liverpool fan along with Laza, there are a lot of glory hunters e.g. they supported Manure last season now they are supporting us.
These are the ones I cannot stomach.

Yeh I know what you mean, and trust me I see plenty of them. They give fans like myself, Laza, Lionheart etc and a lot of the Asian lads on here a bad name and I hate them as much as you do.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:30 pm

when i did something like this about the league games i got me ar se twa ted for sending a topic like this
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Red Baron » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:37 pm

BANG ON,I remember one game when the kid in front of sat there with a colouring book.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:04 pm

Agree with the OOT thing. I am one but I have scouse roots from dad and his side of family. Also I am politely informed i was "made in Liverpool!" By my dad.nice. Anyway, I think there should be some sort of experience thing now, whereby OOTS aren allowed on the Kop until they have been going to say, at least 10 games a year, for 8 seasons or so. BTW lets not forget the subject of this thread, the atmosphere. It is youre duty as a Liverpool fan to sing at matches. I dnt want similar sights to the one against spurs when the couple of southereners in front gave me cold looks whilst I TRIED to get a song going in the Main Stand. How dare I ey?
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:03 am

we need to get flag day back at anfield
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:45 am

ynwa wrote:when i did something like this about the league games i got me ar se twa ted for sending a topic like this

Ah, but what did you say!?!  ???

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion