The game tomorrow - Lets see some continuity

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:41 pm

i don't know about you but i'll be going to the game tomorrow in the hope of seeing the same eleven start who started against charlton. off the back of what was an excellent three points away at the valley (not many teams go there and win), morale in the camp should be very high for tomorrows visit of fulham and i think that the eleven who started should be given another crack of the whip. hell even garcia performed in an away game (he was involved in both goals) and nobody has slagged him off since so things must be looking up.

good away days have been few and far between this season. norwich and west brom away were games we should have expected to win but even the victory against fulham away was not without it's flaws.  infact the first half performance that day was not much better than the dross we had to witness against the saints recently. In the end bringing on xabi alonso turned a 2-0 half time deficit into a 4-2 victory.

of course, in that fulham game, biscan scored that wonder goal, and it will be interesting to see if he starts tomorrow with hamann returning from suspension. ordinarily i'd play hamann anytime but we need to remember that in the last three games hamann has been very poor. he has no right to walk straight back into the side. it will also be interesting to see what will happen when harry kewell returns from injury, because riise has been revelling in his midfield role this season. the most frustrating thing was that before getting injured, harry was showing glimpses of getting back some form, especially against olympiakos.

it's all about putting a run together now, at this vital stage of the season if we can. fulham at home is the sort of fixture in which we would have dropped points in the past. last year we drew 0-0 with them and then followed it up with a 1-0 home defeat to charlton. it was a major low point of the season because for the first time ever we were selling tickets on match days. at least this season we are more attractive to watch and the fans have come flooding back. amazingly enough liverpool have only ever lost one home game during february in premiership history. fulham have never won away from home in the premiership during february (6 matches) but come into the game unbeaten in seven, and with Edwin Van Der Saar on fire.

so a message to rafa, please don't make wholesale changes tomorrow, it does nobody any favours. you've done it in the past, off the back of a good result and got found out. i hope you've learnt your lesson. with everton not playing till sunday against a rejuvinated southampton, we can really put the pressure on them with a good three points.

YNWA :)
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:09 pm

who here thinks hamann will return for biscan? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:16 pm

stmichael wrote:who here thinks hamann will return for biscan? ???

Maybe Hamann, Gerrard and Igor, cause we only have 2 games before our CL game Igor and Didi will have to get used to each others game. With no Gerrard available against Bayer.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:38 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:

Maybe Hamann, Gerrard and Igor, cause we only have 2 games before our CL game Igor and Didi will have to get used to each others game. With no Gerrard available against Bayer.

igor needs to get some hypnotherapy before that leverkusen game to think he's zinedine zidane, and consequently play like him, like he did against deportivo away. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:50 pm

I don't think we will score goals with hamann & biscan midfield combination.

Dudek
  Finnan   Carra  Hyppia Traore
       Smicer   Hamann   Riise
              Garcia      Kewell
                      Baros

This should do the trick i suppose.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:01 pm

stmichael wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:

igor needs to get some hypnotherapy before that leverkusen game to think he's zinedine zidane, and consequently play like him, like he did against deportivo away. :cool:

dont worry about igor hell take it all in his stride i donthave any worries about him at all .I have to say this cos of my username ace.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:55 pm

hope the boss will play Biscan...it will give him a lot of confidence to be picked b4 Hamann ..He's not bad after all
whylongball?

Postby A.B. » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:32 pm

The_Rock wrote:I don't think we will score goals with hamann & biscan midfield combination.

Dudek
  Finnan   Carra  Hyppia Traore
       Smicer   Hamann   Riise
              Garcia      Kewell
                      Baros

This should do the trick i suppose.

Why isn't Gerrard in your lineup?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:33 pm

Dudek

Finnan
Carragher
Hyypia
Traore

Garcia
Gerrard
Biscan
Riise

Baros
Morientes

Same line up we used against Charlton
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:52 pm

Well on the plus-side, Fulham have never won at Anfield so that's a nice thing to have. I don't think he'll make any other changes except the Hamann/Biscan switch, which will be on training stats and not Hamann's stature.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:52 pm

p.s. We'll win.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion