Our title challenge - How do you feel right now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Our title challenge - How do you feel right now?

Sack Rafa now while there's time to turn it around
9%
Stick with him, you never know what might happen
40%
Let's change it at the end of the season
27%
Start thinking about the Champions League, we're a cup side
7%
Let's win the FA Cup as a consolation
1%
Let's build a time machine, go back to the good ol' days
4%
Send for the S@int
2%
I'm giving up football
2%
I'm too p1ssed to care right now
7%

Total votes : 81

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:28 pm

This whole 'Arsenal are a young team' thing is getting boring. The youngsters aren't playing well and Arsene is still sticking with people like Bentner when Van ersie stays on the bench. Walcott has not lived up to any of his potential either. there is only so long you can spend saying they aer still young until you realise they need to buy but have less money than us.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:28 am

bigmick wrote:Times up. Man Utd 1-0 Everton. Five points behind having played an equal number of games. Remind me again how to react negatively to those drawn games at Home was an over-reaction, a knee-jerk, an embarassment.

On the bright side none of our rivals for a top four slot (with the obvious exception of Man Utd) have won, so at least we are currently in pole position there.

In just ten games Rafa has masterminded a near complete reversal of league positions between us and the mancs. SEVEN draws in our last ten games is nowhere near good enough to mount a title challenge, no matter what stats Rafa clutches at. He's said we're eight points better off than this time last season, that may be true but we've tough games to come, shown incapable of beating beatable teams and even though the mancs are one point worse off than this stage last season, they're still five clear of us.

In some ways I wish he'd STFU quoting stats and facts out of his dossier and focus on getting the team to win games. If we were top and he was saying we're 16 points better off than last season I'd just laugh, but to be quoting that while he's flushing our good start down the lavvy is just  :veryangry
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:10 am

huh....what would happen if Gerrard and Torres got injured at the same time? Are there enough quality to keep challenging until May? Keano out, no new player in. Can we be as consistent as the Scum etc.... ???  if we managed to win the PL come this May, Excellent!!! but if we don't, i guess i would say..'thought so'... (still being positive but not as enthusiastic as before)
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby milou » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:38 pm

red_guy wrote:huh....what would happen if Gerrard and Torres got injured at the same time? Are there enough quality to keep challenging until May? Keano out, no new player in. Can we be as consistent as the Scum etc.... ???  if we managed to win the PL come this May, Excellent!!! but if we don't, i guess i would say..'thought so'... (still being positive but not as enthusiastic as before)

It is a valid question but an equally hypothetical one.

Most teams can't cope with losing 2 of their best players..

What happens if Van Persie and Adebayor got injured at the same time? Then Arsenal is f'cuked.

Or if Ronaldo and Rooney got injured at the same time? The answer is WE WOULD CELEBRATE! :D Well, I think Man Utd wouldn't have won ANYTHING if it happened last season.

Admittedly, Man Utd has a deeper squad to cope but it will still affect them quite significantly.
milou

Postby mistyred » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:46 pm

We are really short in the striker department.

Babel looks like he's had enough and his fight is gone.

Kuyt is well....erm just Kuyt.

N'gog is just a kid who can do a flip flap.

We should have atleast brought in somebody to cover for Torres.

Out of the 3 players above N'Gog is the only one that has not tried to adapt to a different
position with that in mind it would be unfair in a crises situation to expect
Babel and Kuyt to spearhead the front line and set the world on fire.

God i hope Torres stays fit.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:57 pm

yeah we can only hope torres and gerrard stay fit - think tommz we may see ngog get a run out
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:49 pm

I think in terms of injuries, we probably needed Gerrard and Torres to stay fit regardless of whether we sold Keane or not. I very much doubt whether we would have been able to sustain a title challenge without Torres, and there's no certainty we will with him either. Equally, it's probably not enough that he just "stays fit", for us to have chances to really be in there we need him to properly hit form.

The encouraging thing is I think he is doing just that. I thought he was good against Chelsea, he scored twice and were it not for little blocks here and there, could have scored twice before that. Despite not being at his absolute best, he is a very difficult player to keep quiet and limit his scoring opportunites as he gets himself open in and around the box an awful lot.

Gerrard of course is absolutely pivotal, but then again he would be being as good as he is, not an awful lot you can do about that. In truth though we are light bordering on threadbare all around the pitch. If Riera was injured we are struggling for a replacement, ditto Arbeloa. All that said, there isn't that long to go, and we wouldn't be the first team not to sustain any bad injuries on the run in.

My feeling is for us to really get into the mixer, we are going to need Man Utd to slightly go off the boil. This is more than possible, a dodgy refereeing decision here, a bit of bad luck there and suddenly you're in a blip. If they can avoid that however, I don't think we are a good enough team to maintain anything like the pace they are setting right now. I don't look at our next 10 games and think "possible 30 points", I think "probable 24 points". That may be enough to still have us in the hunt, but obviously unless someone puts a stick into their spokes, it won't be.

I said at the time of the draw fest that we may have lost the title there and then, and it may come to pass. One things for sure, spunking points and opportunites to gain on the Mancs when they are languishing is a whole lot easier than making them up on them when they are on fire.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mintal27 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:53 pm

I voted for lets change things at the end of the season.

Rafa, Parry and the Americans all have to go; along with run of the mill football players, Pennant, Degen, Dossena, Babel, Kuyt, N'gog. The club needs to restored from top to bottom.
Mintal27

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:58 am

Bad omen yesterday. Was playing PES 2009 and doing VERY well, top of the Premiership unbeaten approaching halfway, had gone 0-2 down to Chelsea and managed to draw 4-4 and was scoring more freely than Liverpool ever do consistently. Then the screen goes black as the game crashed...............................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:05 am

Owzat wrote:Bad omen yesterday. Was playing PES 2009 and doing VERY well, top of the Premiership unbeaten approaching halfway, had gone 0-2 down to Chelsea and managed to draw 4-4 and was scoring more freely than Liverpool ever do consistently. Then the screen goes black as the game crashed...............................

Indeed,it means your console is probably gonna fu'ck up anyday now! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:13 am

Number 9 wrote:
Owzat wrote:Bad omen yesterday. Was playing PES 2009 and doing VERY well, top of the Premiership unbeaten approaching halfway, had gone 0-2 down to Chelsea and managed to draw 4-4 and was scoring more freely than Liverpool ever do consistently. Then the screen goes black as the game crashed...............................

:laugh: Just occasionally Barry you hit the bullseye mate and crack me up  :laugh:  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:49 am

bigmick wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

:laugh: Just occasionally Barry you hit the bullseye mate and crack me up  :laugh:  :D

Owzat you nicked my Xbox  :angry: .
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rorschach26 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:46 pm

Number 19 is in the bag

YNWA :blues:
Rorschach26

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion