Our title challenge - How do you feel right now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Our title challenge - How do you feel right now?

Sack Rafa now while there's time to turn it around
9%
Stick with him, you never know what might happen
40%
Let's change it at the end of the season
27%
Start thinking about the Champions League, we're a cup side
7%
Let's win the FA Cup as a consolation
1%
Let's build a time machine, go back to the good ol' days
4%
Send for the S@int
2%
I'm giving up football
2%
I'm too p1ssed to care right now
7%

Total votes : 81

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:57 pm

I cant believe one eprson said send in the s@int!

Let's just wait and see, we're in a stronger postion than Arsenal, think the boards are asking for Arsene's head?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:06 pm

dawson99 wrote:I cant believe one eprson said send in the s@int!

Let's just wait and see, we're in a stronger postion than Arsenal, think the boards are asking for Arsene's head?

No mate but the fans are, they have had enough of
his penny pinching b0ll0x and they are proper fed up.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:08 pm

dawson99 wrote:I cant believe only one eprson said send in the s@int!

Neither can I dawson and it wasn't my vote honest. I thought I would be fighting for first place by now  :(
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:15 pm

As far as our title challenge is concerned, Everton currently trail 1-0 to the Mancs with not long left. We really could do with them finding a set-piece equaliser around this point. A bit like they did against us. Fex sake if ever we needed that little nomark Cahill to come up with something, it's right about now.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Four minurtes left and according to the BBC News site, "United have hardly broken sweat defensively" :(
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:25 pm

Two minutes left. Useless bunch of c...s Everton.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:30 pm

Times up. Man Utd 1-0 Everton. Five points behind having played an equal number of games. Remind me again how to react negatively to those drawn games at Home was an over-reaction, a knee-jerk, an embarassment.

On the bright side none of our rivals for a top four slot (with the obvious exception of Man Utd) have won, so at least we are currently in pole position there.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:37 pm

:(

Its a really really must win game for us tomorrow now!
Gonna be squeeky bum time tomorrow! :(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:41 pm

Nervous like :censored: .... feels like tomorrow is a cup final..... fecking b0llox....
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:47 pm

bigmick wrote:Remind me again how those to react negatively to those drawn games at Home was an over-reaction, a knee-jerk, an embarassment.

:nod
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:53 pm

bigmick wrote:On the bright side none of our rivals for a top four slot (with the obvious exception of Man Utd) have won, so at least we are currently in pole position there.

Mate, I presume that's a tongue-in-cheek type comment  :lookaround

Vying for a fourth place finish ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:55 pm

If we win I think it will go all the way down to the Tottenham game, down to the wire.  Hopefully anyways  :)
SupitsJonF

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:03 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
bigmick wrote:On the bright side none of our rivals for a top four slot (with the obvious exception of Man Utd) have won, so at least we are currently in pole position there.

No mate not really. If we don't beat Chelsea my view is that we won't win the league, and the scrap for a top four slot starts. I think I'm right in saying if you finish second you don't have to qualify for the Champions League, so second would become the new goal.

It's looking like any four from five for the Champions League spots, and it's vital you get in (for the money as much as anything else). Arsenal are a bit adrift as of now (five points or so) but I expect them to run on. Not because of any delayed gazelles, more because they are a young team who are growing up gradually.

As I've said a couple of times, if we do fall out of the race to win the league it would be a bad blow for the players, and it may hit us hard. The advantage that an Arsenal and a Villa have over us is that they are resigned already to not winning it. As such it may take us a couple of weeks to get our heads around the new situation.

We could very concieveably not finish in the top four IMHO if we're not careful. I don't think it will happen, but it is a distinct possibility. The team with which we started the match against Wigan if played repeatedly, followed by taking the captain off along with Torres if you need a goal would just about do the trick of getting us fifth I should think.

Plus, you have the Champions League starting soon. We're playing Real Madrid. Think rafa is going to play a weakened team in that one to further our league ambitions? No, me neither.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:05 pm

Madmax wrote:Nervous like :censored: .... feels like tomorrow is a cup final..... fecking b0llox....

I cant get excited about tomorrow.....its the scums title.......anyway if your a betting guy put your money on another draw cos thats the best we can hope for. :down:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:25 pm

bigmick wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

No mate not really. If we don't beat Chelsea my view is that we won't win the league, and the scrap for a top four slot starts. I think I'm right in saying if you finish second you don't have to qualify for the Champions League, so second would become the new goal.

It's looking like any four from five for the Champions League spots, and it's vital you get in (for the money as much as anything else). Arsenal are a bit adrift as of now (five points or so) but I expect them to run on. Not because of any delayed gazelles, more because they are a young team who are growing up gradually.

As I've said a couple of times, if we do fall out of the race to win the league it would be a bad blow for the players, and it may hit us hard. The advantage that an Arsenal and a Villa have over us is that they are resigned already to not winning it. As such it may take us a couple of weeks to get our heads around the new situation.

We could very concieveably not finish in the top four IMHO if we're not careful. I don't think it will happen, but it is a distinct possibility. The team with which we started the match against Wigan if played repeatedly, followed by taking the captain off along with Torres if you need a goal would just about do the trick of getting us fifth I should think.

Plus, you have the Champions League starting soon. We're playing Real Madrid. Think rafa is going to play a weakened team in that one to further our league ambitions? No, me neither.

Call it "glass half empty" syndrome but I really do not think we have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the league this year. Please, please let me be proved wrong at the end of the season but it would be nothing short of one of those moving statues-like miracles for that to happen.
So, what next then ?

Obvioulsy Manc Scum win yet another league title and match us, that's bad enough. Menwhile we're left to scrap to get into Europe again next year.

Champions League this season then. Ehhh, don't think so - I can see at least three other teams more likely to lift that.

Next season then. Rafa most likely not at the helm, so another man in, a load of players out and some more in, most likely not the calibre of players we really need 'cos a) the money ain't forthcoming from Laurel and Hardy, and b) no sheikh is drunk enough to buy them out ! Those on the way out though. I reckon Stevie G might just walk away this season - there's too much cack going on at the club, too many inept underperformers wearing the same shirt as he, a man can only take so much. Maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing (says he, preparing for an onslaught !) 'cos I've said here time and time again, I would expect a captain to be kicking seven shades of shyte out of players like Benayoun, Babel, Dossena, Kuyt (at times), and others....

Comments welcome...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion