Our title challenge - How do you feel right now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Our title challenge - How do you feel right now?

Sack Rafa now while there's time to turn it around
9%
Stick with him, you never know what might happen
40%
Let's change it at the end of the season
27%
Start thinking about the Champions League, we're a cup side
7%
Let's win the FA Cup as a consolation
1%
Let's build a time machine, go back to the good ol' days
4%
Send for the S@int
2%
I'm giving up football
2%
I'm too p1ssed to care right now
7%

Total votes : 81

Postby roberto green » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:17 pm

I voted for wait to the end of season

Rafa might just surprise us.....

Then again i would be very surprised

:D
roberto green

Postby Effes » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:40 pm

I didn't vote - even though Im p1ssed off with Rafa, it would be madness to do
anything before the end of the season.

The question is this - even with a great start like we had this season; can Rafa continue the form
all the way to the end?
Or will his - team selection; substitutions; deciding to settle for a 1 nil; non-attack football - find
him out at some point? Like it has this season?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:19 pm

I was at the game last night an still gutted on the result. But as i said to Cigg this mornin i would keep Rafa an even if we do finish second not many points off the Mancs i would give him another contract an all. Yes he lost the plot by the Gerrard sub an im not that happy clappy to ignore that , An yep i do believe theres something wrong , but what.

I love the :censored: man , not in that way so dont start . An i cant help it if i still want him here . i am as puzzeled as everyone else by his desicions, an it sends me off me head , But all i wanted was for us to be in there not to far off the pace an a result against Chelsea would put us back in that position.

Its up to the players an all to get a bit of fight in them not just Carra an Stevie wholl fight for anything but the rest of them. Im payin good money to see a team fight on the pitch for the shirt an from now on thats what must happen.

You lot will think im off me head by still wanting Rafa here . Well maybe i am. Or maybe its old age settling in.

Glasses are slippin down me nose a bit though
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:19 pm

great post nanny
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:30 pm

It will take a lot more than 5 draws for me to turn my back on the man.

As per usual, people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon, all guns blazing.

Anyone who thinks that our form will not pick up is a prat.

Anyone who thinks that any team goes through a season without sticky patches is a prat.

And anyone who would get rid of a manager based on 5 draws?

I'll let you fill in the rest...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:31 pm

Oh, and BTW - where's the poll option for "Keep him for as long as we can, because I'm not a fickle c*nt who changes my mind like the wind?"

Oh, that's right - it doesn't fit...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:35 pm

I remember posting a good few weeks ago about us having a good looking weekend ahead around the 9th of Jan.

We were playing stoke away and had we won we would of give ourselves a bit of breathing space and then the day after was the mancs against Chelsea and looking ahead to these games it was all about us benefiting and did we?
No of course we didn't.

Now we look forward to this weekend the Mancs in the same position and will they be stupid enough to throw it away?
No I don't think so.

If we lose against Chelsea it is all over for us!!

As you can tell I have lost my positivity.

:(
roberto green

Postby Zidane » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:35 pm

We're in such a delicate situation right now, we have to hope that we are sold to good ownership and that Rafa turns this around and gets a new contract.  No one should think to themselves that if we just keep losing Rafa will leave and you'll be proven right, or whatever the :censored: your reason is for wanting him out.  You can't honestly believe having Rafa fail and sacked is good for the club.

He has to turn this around or I fear what may happen to the club if we just nosedived into obscurity.  Who would want to come manage the circus that is Liverpool?  Honestly don't be so naive we aren't in good shape right now and haven't been for a good 4 years or so.  The last thing I would want to happen is for us to lose the prestige that we do have with Rafa at the helm.  He's widely respected and maybe people are just taking things for granted, if we end up with a solid title challenge how can you be unsatisfied?

We need to at least settle the ownership side of this thing before we decide to tell Rafa to pack his sht and go.  If he has to go, which I have no problem with honestly but if he has to our ownership needs to be settled or we are may be in limbo for quite a while.  I would hate to have to bring in a new manager amidst so much drama within the club.
Zidane

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Even tho I could say out out out now now now !

Still think we should at least give him untill end of season to make up for some of the mistakes he has made.

also Can't see harm in it now since I personaly think we are out of league he is one of best in buisness in cups comps and that seems our only chance of silver this season.

so end of season see what happens But I feel he might just go but thats me.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Paco going has had a massive negative effect imo.

Gerrard and Carragher are as bemused as any of us now and they are along with Torres, Reina and Alonso our most important players! Alonso spoke out even earlier about how Ayesteran was the one the players felt close to and not Rafa.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:52 pm

stmichael wrote:Paco going has had a massive negative effect imo.

Gerrard and Carragher are as bemused as any of us now and they are along with Torres, Reina and Alonso our most important players! Alonso spoke out even earlier about how Ayesteran was the one the players felt close to and not Rafa.

Yeah you might be onto a winner with that one he was like rafas right arm that would give the players a pat on back or a hug or slap if needed.

Or so I ave heard.  :lookaround
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 pm

and Sammy Lee does what exactly? (plus stevie and Carra have known Sammy a lot longer than they'd known Paco... must be more to it
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:57 pm

dawson99 wrote:and Sammy Lee does what exactly? (plus stevie and Carra have known Sammy a lot longer than they'd known Paco... must be more to it

Exactly - I would have thought Sammy Lee would've bridged
any man-management gaps.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Well maybe he just isn't you never know ?

Like alot of things in life you dunno what you got till it's gone !

Maybe sammy and rafa just ain't clicking as a management team and its rubbing off on players ?

God who knows it all very stab in dark really have to wait for sammys and rafas Autobiography , won't we.  :Oo:  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:10 pm

As far as the title challenge is concerned, we obviously must win on Sunday. The most worrying thing though, is that if we don't and even lose, what might happen then?

My guess is if we draw we're probably gone, if we lose we are absolutely gone for all money. In those circumstances, we'd be back into a dogfight for third/fourth. We'd probably be around level with Villa, and say three points above Arsenal. My read from then on in is this:

Arsenal have a run of winnable games coming up. West Ham (h) Tottenham (a) Fulham (h) and Sunderland (h) could see them finding some form. Unlike us, they will have been resigned to the fact they weren't going to win the Premiership for quite a while now and as such are in the right frame of mind to "rescue their season". They have some top young players, and will probably feel that if they can sneak fourth having been without their best player for most ofd the season and having sold two of their best ones in the Summer, it isn't a bad effort. I am expecting them to begin to get interested towards the end of the season.

Villa have Wigan (h), Blackburn (a), Chelsea (h) and Stoke (h) so they aren't going to fall away for the time being either I don't think.

The worry is that if we get completely derailed and take a couple of weeks to get our head around things, we could be right up against it. It doesn't matter which way you look at it, this Sundays match is absolutely vital, of the utmost importance.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion