Player ratings (vs.preston)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:44 am

Id give MH a 0 for not keeping his thread on topic  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:57 am

Madmax wrote:would give torres 10.. just because his back. :)

I think his whole body is hot  :hearts     :p       :alien:
JoeTerp

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:50 am

I'm really nervous when teams attack us when Cavalieri's there, I never know if he's going to attack the ball or not. Suppose the main thing that sticks out in my mind is when he came out to collect a ball he had no chance of winning and there was a defender there to cover. He left the goal open and they could have scored

Babel is sh!t, if we're offered double figures for the lad he can go

Keane had a shocker as well, finishing was just cringe worthy at times

Other than that everyone was ok, Riera stood out the most and on another day Gerrard would have bagged a few but he showed a lot of character to be on the pitch for the full 90 and put a good shift in.

Any news on Masch and Alonsos injuries anyone? Alonso in particular was great as well, pulled the strings in the first half

oh and The Kid is back! Push us on to that title lad!!!!!  :buttrock
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:42 am

I have mixed feelings about player ratings, few are going to agree exactly on each others' subjectivity and do pluses for good things count for more than negatives etc?

Most (UK) people should have seen this, it was on ITV1 ffs (and probably on the ITV website I guess)

Cavalieri 5 - didn't have much to do, one or two decent punches and an early turn around the post of a ball already going wide (is that a + or a - ?) Was there anything on target that wasn't soft or straight at him?

Insua 5 - one of his weaker performances defensively

Carragher 6 - reasonable performance all-round, thought the ref should have booked him for overdoing his dissent over a corner we should have had.

Hyypia 6 - solid enough against a side that didn't threat much until late

Agger 6 - same as Hyypia is fair enough comment, covered well although he does look suspect with some of his clearances

Babel 3 - too few moments for him, looked more content to pass than try and beat his man. Wanted more chances in the team, isn't it about time he did something with them when he gets them? Did work hard (enough) in helping out in defence

Riera 7 - drifted in and out of the game as usual, just when you think he will dazzle he doesn't. Brilliance to set up Keane's first(?) miss, got the luck of the bounce to cut back for his goal. I think he intended to pull it back and then took it further than intended and changed his mind

Alonso 7 - would have been a contender for MOTM if he'd stayed on. We lost our way without his passing, but he still needs to work on more incisive passing

Mascherano 7 - still a bit too hit and miss with his passing, did his job quietly effectively and even brought the ball forward.

Gerrard 7 - good character as mentioned by thread starter, tried too many surging runs though and lost possession. Did set up Torres for the second, but the ball broke kindly and he only had to run and pass round the keeper. 'Controlled performance'

Keane 4 - Got into good positions to score, missed them all. First one was tougher because he was stretching to get to it, one on one was from offside and well saved while the other I can recall was a miscue wide.

Subs:

Lucas 6 - kept it simple, a five yard pass to someone in space is better than a 20 yard pass to an opponent or backwards. Hustled in defence, we didn't lose control of the game until well after he'd come on

Aurelio '5' (standard) - did he get a touch?

Torres 6 - had a few runs, one piece of brilliance to open up a shooting chance which he miscued. I'd like to say he took his goal well, but let's face it, even KEANE could have scored that tap-in from close. Well err, maybe not, it was close enough to the far post that Keane could have missed it :D
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:29 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:Id give MH a 0 for not keeping his thread on topic  :D

Eh? its not my fault :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:35 pm

metalhead wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:Id give MH a 0 for not keeping his thread on topic  :D

Eh? its not my fault :D

My fault,  I should just have posted my own ratings rather than agreeing with you mate.
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Doom and gloomer you  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:41 pm

metalhead wrote:Doom and gloomer you  :D

:laugh: maybe we could ask Badbob to delete all the cr@p and start again Metalhead? I think it was a good idea for a thread, think we should just stick to giving our ratings in future though  :D

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:42 pm

s@int wrote:
metalhead wrote:Doom and gloomer you  :D

:laugh: maybe we could ask Badbob to delete all the cr@p and start again Metalhead? I think it was a good idea for a thread, think we should just stick to giving our ratings in future though  :D

Thats the point mate, Its in my introductory sentence, post ratings and discuss individual performances.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:09 pm

ok then :-

Cavalieri - 5 : Did well but came for a couple of balls and didnt get them, and then didn't come for a couple of balls he should have.

Insua - 6 : Did well without standing out and offered little to our attacks. Struggled in the air against a much taller player. I thought Masch looked to help him out a little too much, as I don't think he needed it.

Carragher - 5 : Not one of his better games, was exposed for pace a couple of times and with Bable offering no real help needed Riera to switch sides to contain the threat of Wallace.

Hyppia - 7 :  Good game again from Sami, beaten a couple of times too many in the air for comfort , but strong, solid and always dependable.

Agger - 7: I thought he coped well considering the strength and size of the Portsmouth front two, he is much better against smaller more skillful players but held his own and the Preston players quite a bit too.

Babel - 3 : Showed everything I don't like about him, no heart, no bottle, no brains. 

Riera - 7: Did well until he faded as usual, I would have been fuming with him for not crossing the ball ..... if he hadn't put it in the net.

Alonso - 7 :Did well but misplaced a lot of his longer passes, kept the midfield ticking and was missed later in the second half when Preston attacked.

Mascherano - 7: Seems to be slowly getting back to his best, but he should practice his shooting a bit more, had a couple of good opportunities (one went close).

Gerrard - 8 : My M.O.T.M, always looked the most likely to break the deadlock and seems to be almost a level above the rest of the team at the moment.

Keane - 4 :  I am probably a bit hard on Keane because of his missed chances, as the rest of his game was reasonably good, but a striker gets paid to put chances like those away and he didn't!

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:38 pm

6.387 for everybody :nod

i've got better things to do, thanks :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Babel's got to start taking his chances , i thought he played better when he went upfront , there was on a couple of occasions where he won the ball fairly but the ref called a foul . He's a good player with so much talent , its time he showed some of . He did play well defensively though
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion