Player ratings (vs.preston)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:26 am

I thought last week Stu introduced a good idea of starting  a player rating thread to discuss about individual performances each game. Most forums usually do that, so I think its a good idea, it would also encourage more football discussion and for some people who haven't watched the game can get some opinion regarding how individuals played. so here it goes:

Cavalieri - 6 : He had a shaky first start of the game, but I thought he recovered well and stayed solid, did his job when asked to, in the second half he did well.

Insua - 6 : Solid defencively, but he misplaced a few passes and had some shaky moments, I thought he was better in the last 3 games, so not the best performance for the little Argie.

Carragher - 6 : How many times he got skinned by this Wallace fellow (who I thought he was a disgrace with some of his dives and cheating), not the best of games for him, easily got skinned in couple of occassions.

Hyppia - 7.5 : untroubled through the first half, but he dealt with everything, won first headers, held the line well, very good performance from our Sami.

Agger - 7: same as hyppia, was untroubled as well in the first half, did his job, I don't recall doing some mistakes.

Babel - 5: I would give him a 4, but he had like 2 moments of brilliance, one of them is a good cross to Keane in the second half, other than that he was terrible! lost the ball, couldn't beat the players properly, showed lack of intelligence, offered nothing!

Riera - 7: A really solid game from the spaniard, I thought he was good, his passes were quality and showed loads of intelligence, took his goal well!! drifted off the game in the second half as always :D

Alonso - 8: one of the reasons why we dominated in the first half, absolutely top class! dropped deep, helped the defence, his passing was fantastic and read the game well, definetly we missed him in the second half.

Mascherano - 7: I would have given him an 8 :D, he was also, like Alonso dominant in the first half, intercepted everything, passed really well, but then went downhill in the last 20 minutes of the game! started losing possession and played some stray passes. Though a good all around performance.

Gerrard - 9 : World Class! nuff said! another great performance from our captain, his unselfish act to give Torres a goal was just superb! and just after coming from heavy criticism and all that happened to him this week, to pull such a performance today just showed that he has an excellent character. Legend.

Keane - 5 : Had a shocker, missed alot of sitters, didn't connect well and was quite most of the game. However, his movement was good.

Subs:

Lucas - 6 : was okay I guess, not the same performance against Newcastle, too many 5 yard passes, wasn't as influential as Alonso.

Aurelio - Didn't see much of him to be honest, so I can't comment.

Torres - the same with Aurelio, but he did this sublime piece of skill, when he turned to skin a defender, but shot it well wide, still looks rusty. Happy that he scored, Gerrard just gave him a boost of confidence
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:56 am

I agree with most of your ratings but as usual I think you have been overgenerous with the marks. Knock 1 off them all (and 2 off Babel) and they are about right mate.
account deleted by request

Postby Quadrophenia » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:02 am

s@int wrote:I agree with most of your ratings but as usual I think you have been overgenerous with the marks. Knock 1 off them all (and 2 off Babel) and they are about right mate.

So in fact you don't agree with the ratings.  :;):
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby SupitsJonF » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:03 am

s@int wrote:I agree with most of your ratings but as usual I think you have been overgenerous with the marks. Knock 1 off them all (and 2 off Babel) and they are about right mate.

I agree with all your ratings, but I think you should add one onto Alonso and Gerrard after the subtraction.

:D
SupitsJonF

Postby Raffmaker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:07 am

New Topic...Oh Gosh......My My My!  :p

Having watched the game in Full....

Cavelieri 7. He was Ok

Insua: 6 did well. a good young talent.

Carra: 7 Not best but solid.
Hyypia: 7 Good reading of game.
Agger: 6 Not his best.

Masch: 5 got caught in posession a fair bit and gave ball away.
Alonso: 6 competent, not inspiring.
Riera: 7 Not best, took goal well, some good crosses.
Babel: 5 . Showed the signs of a bit of match Rust.

Stevie: 7. Quiet at times, lively when got the ball, looked sharp and not effected by recent events it seemed. Best player.

Keane: 4. Fluffed 2 clear chances to score and put us 3-0 by half time. Fluffed another but keeper spread himself well. off the pace, slow, and you need to be quicker.

Lucas (sub): 4. off pace, not able to tackle as seemed to be afraid that the preston players would SHOUT AT HIM! lol. average.

Torres: 7. Excellent Turn, showed pace for 1/2 half chances/runs. Steveie gifted him the goal after stopping for lunch. Big confidence restorer tho for fernando!

Thats the way I saw it.
:buttrock
Last edited by Raffmaker on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raffmaker

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:08 am

Quadrophenia wrote:

So in fact you don't agree with the ratings.  :;):

I agree with his ratings inso far as they pretty good regarding who played well or not, just imo we didn't play as well as those marks would suggest.

So no I don't agree with his ratings  :D

Postby Quadrophenia » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:10 am

Made crystal clear Saint. :;):
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:22 am

Im always overgenerous with my marks S@int  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:24 am

metalhead wrote:

Thats cos you are a happy clappy rose coloured specs supporter.  :D

Postby Quadrophenia » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:25 am

s@int wrote:
metalhead wrote:

What happened to all this well mannered :censored:? Bleeding hyprocrite, mind you what else would I expect from a wool.  :;):
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:28 am

Quadrophenia wrote:
s@int wrote:
metalhead wrote:

What happened to all this well mannered :censored:? Bleeding hyprocrite, mind you what else would I expect from a wool.  :;):

I'm not a Wool I am an ooter.  :p

and I was well mannered..... I didn't call him a c*nt did I ?  :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Quadrophenia » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:30 am

s@int wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
s@int wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Traveller.  :;):
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:58 am

Quadrophenia wrote:
s@int wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
s@int wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Thats cos you are a happy clappy rose coloured specs supporter. 

I didn't know you were a traveller Bill , do you have a caravan and a couple of Lurchers?

Postby Quadrophenia » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:59 am

s@int wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
s@int wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
s@int wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Thats cos you are a happy clappy rose coloured specs supporter. 

I didn't know you were a traveller Bill , do you have a caravan and a couple of Lurchers?

I've a caravan. A caravan of love actually, a bit like the Housemartins, except I don't share mine with three other fellas from Hull.
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby Madmax » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:30 am

would give torres 10.. just because his back. :)
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion