Player ratings

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PCG77 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:15 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Alonso14 wrote:Since Stu isn’t here I’ll do the honours.

Reina – 9 – First FA Cup final in your first season in a new league, well you’d get nerves too, that’s what I put the goal down to. Made up for it with a double save, a tip on to the post as well as 3 pen’s saved. Good concentration should throughout. Couldn’t be blamed for Konskchy’s goal.

Finnan - 8 – Was solid and provided good width and good crosses.

Hyypia- 7 – Decent game.

Carragher – 7 – unlucky with the goal, didn’t let his head drop, played solid.

Riise – 7 – Again provided good width and support.

Gerrard – 11 – Was involved in everything, and a 40 yard wonder goal, just another day in the life of Stevie G. If there’s a better Midfielder in the world, I’d like to see him.

Alonso – 5 – Looked a shadow of himself, although provided some neat passes.

Sissioko – 7 – Great energy right until the death, broke up play well.

Kewell – 5 – Didn’t touch the ball many times, although when he got into the middle he showed some good link up play.

Crouch – 7 – Done well, I thought he was unlucky to go off. But he did cover a lot of ground.

Cisse – 5 – He’s goal got us back into it. Looked awful in the second half of the game.

Morientes  – 7 – Played fairly well when he got on, was chasing and really played like he wanted to win it.

Kromkamp – 6 – Worked hard.

Hamman – 6 – The hitman done well when he got one and broke down play well.

You are joking right ?

Reina 9 ? I'm sorry, and I know I'm probably in the minority but Reina has not totally convinced me. Harsh but true Reina in my opinion was at fault for all three goals. Konchesky's is debatable but for me Reina was average. He did well obviously on the penalties thou  :D

Finnan? again for me he had a bit of a mare, we come to expect a good consistent standard from this guy, but to be fair the whole of the Liverpool defence were ran ragged in the first half especially, so uncharacteristic from a team who usually has such a stern rea-guard.

For me all three strikers that were on the pitch didnt really look like a goal threat. Cisse to be fair had a good first half and out of the three he'd just about pip it for me.

Gerrard  :bowdown

Did you actually watch the game. God there is some :censored: posted here.

Reina to blame for all 3 goals... Jesus...!! Your kidding right. You have obviously never been between the big sticks.

The only person to blame for the first goal is Carragher.

Reina did contribute to the second by not holding the ball. However, every keeper makes these kind of fumbles occasionally. Why do you think you tell young strikers to follow through on all shots. ????

The 3rd goal was pure :censored:. Reina's positioning was fine. You have to have the front post covered. It would have been a criminal offence to let a striker nip in and score at the front post. The cross was all :censored: and floated in. No sane person could seriously let the blame fall on Pepa's shoulders.

Besides Stevie G... Reina's performance in the shootout one us the game.
PCG77

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 14, 2006 10:22 am

Reina 6
He looked uncertain from the start was definately at fault for the second goal and added to our defences poor display.
Finnan 6
Worked hard up and down the line but could have got more and better crosses into the box
Carragher 6
At fault for first goal which seemed to unsettle him but steadied in second half . Not one of his best displays.
Hyppia 6
Found it difficult coping with a lively Ashton when he dropped deep. Didnt seem to know whether to go with him or hold his position. Contributed to second West Ham goal with poor tackle on Etherington. Great turn, dribble and shot for a centre back. A great servant to us and will be sorely missed when he eventually goes.
Riise 7
Poor defensive display first half offset by his superb fitness and hard running in second half and extra time.
Kewell 4
Poor performance from one who i expected a big game from.
Virtualy annonimous in first half. Unfortunate with injury yet again.
Sissoko 7.5
What an engine he has! Was easily our fittest player. Never stopped running from first whistle to last.Had to do too much of Alonso's running but hes just like a duracel battery!
Alonso 5
Didn't look match fit or sharp enough which put more pressure on our defence. Poor pass led to first goal. Never tackled with commitment and left gaps for West Ham to exploit.
Gerrard 10
Captain fantastic scored 2 classic goals and a penalty.Superb pass for Cisse's goal and hit bar. Battled cramp to score F.A. cup's greatest ever goal.What a player!
Crouch 6
Didnt win many headers and looked off the pace for much of the game. Finally won a header for Gerrards first goal. Was unfortunate to have a goal ruled out for offside but was outmuscled too often by a determined Gabbidon.
Cisse 7
Most infuriating of players, who scores a great volley to get us back in the game then disapears for long periods. Worked harder than I have seen him before, but needs to make more intelligent runs than he did here if he hopes to stay.
Kromkamp 7
Tireless worker who got in some reasonable crosses and with a bit more luck and composure could have had a goal.
Morientes 6
Worked hard and looked good when playing ball in deeper positions but lack of pace was a big handicap further forward. Would have scored from sissico's cross with half a yard more pace. Probably his last game for us.
Hamman 8
Did what he always does for us. Firms up the defence keeps posession and enables Gerrard the freedom to go forward. Gave away free kick from which Harewood could have scored. Invaluable big game player who should perhaps have been on from the start (Due to Alonso's lack of fitness)
Benitez 7
Just as in Istanbul his gambles on fitness failed but just as in Istanbul he made astute substitutions and got it right in the end.

Man of Match Gerrard 10+
What more can you expect from him?
account deleted by request

Postby -Rafa- » Sun May 14, 2006 10:35 am

Reina 6 - Didn't have a great game, at fault for 2 of the goals, but pulled off three great saves, and saved us in the penalites

Finnan 6 - Had a stinker, couldn't pass a ball if his life depended on it

Hyypia 6 - Not his best game, did a few tackles but didn't played like he normally does

Carragher 6 - Unlucky own goal, and didn't have the best of games, seemed to play like a League One defender

Riise 5 - Wanted to throw my televison control at him

Gerrard 10 - Do I have to say any more?

Alonso 5 - Didn't have a great game, injuried his ankle in a tackle, maybe not the wisest idea to play him

Sissoko 8 - Had a very good game, he's been improving all season, stop alot of attacks and got stuck right in there

Kewell 5 - Seemed to be invisible, came off injuried

Crouch 7 - Decent game, set up Gerrard's first one and did a few decent passes, good bicyicle kick aswell :buttrock

Cisse 8 - Had a good game, took his goal well and seemed to be the only player apart from Gerrard threating the goal

Morientes 5 - So much for saying he would have the greatest game in his life  ???

Kromkamp 6 - Not a bad game, was useful in Extra Time but was complete rubbish when he came on

Hamman 7 - Good game, put some good balls through, himself and Sissoko worked very well in midfield
-Rafa-

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:08 am

PCG77 wrote: Gerrard  :bowdown

Did you actually watch the game. God there is some :censored: posted here.

Reina to blame for all 3 goals... Jesus...!! Your kidding right. You have obviously never been between the big sticks.

The only person to blame for the first goal is Carragher.

Reina did contribute to the second by not holding the ball. However, every keeper makes these kind of fumbles occasionally. Why do you think you tell young strikers to follow through on all shots. ????

The 3rd goal was pure :censored:. Reina's positioning was fine. You have to have the front post covered. It would have been a criminal offence to let a striker nip in and score at the front post. The cross was all :censored: and floated in. No sane person could seriously let the blame fall on Pepa's shoulders.
Besides Stevie G... Reina's performance in the shootout one us the game.[/quote]

Yes I did watch the game thanks very much. Carragher wasnt to blame, he was unlucky if he would of had a shout from Reina to leave the ball then he wouldnt of needed to try and clear the danger.
Carragher didnt know where there striker was exactly because there striker was behind him so to Reina, which really means Reina should of given the call to Carra. If he did give a call and Carra still cleared well I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

Second goal surely that's plain to see.

Even the third goal, as I said that's debatable and you could argue that a keeper should'nt be beaten from that position. Didnt England fans blame Seaman for that Ronaldiniho lob, same same for me.

Now I aint slagging him off I'm giving an honest opinion of how I saw it.  And my initial post was to say I didnt agree with the rating that was given to him (9). Reina even admitted he had a horrible day, and yes keepers do have off days and bare the brunt of there mishaps than any other player on the pitch.
He did go from Villan to hero though and he did make a worldclass save in extra time and the penalty save aswell..
66-1112520797

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun May 14, 2006 12:16 pm

Yeah - Carragher didn't get a shout for the first goal at all. There was an angle for the first goal that showed this very clearly. Reina admitted he was at fault in the post-match interview.

And as much as I loved Gerrard for his goals and guts yesterday, the reality is that he didn't actually do anything (apart from the goal :p ) for the last 40 minutes of open play. Hence me giving him an 8.
ivor_the_injun

Postby shanks » Sun May 14, 2006 12:24 pm

i would give gerrard 10 and reina 9 he was a life saver in the shooot out felt sorry for Carragher for the home goal he as been out standing all season
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 15, 2006 1:45 pm

i wanna make special mention of morientes. a few people on here are slating him but when he came on and the chips wre down he chased every ball and made sure the keeper couldnt waste any time. It might not seem like much but in the grand scheme of things if he had not done this and west ham were allowed to slow down the game the result may well have been totally different.

He didnt score but he did make sure that other players had a chance to do so, so for that reason mori, i salute u.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Good Bob » Sat May 27, 2006 1:17 am

Reina – 9 – First FA Cup final in your first season in a new league, well you’d get nerves too, that’s what I put the goal down to. Made up for it with a double save, a tip on to the post as well as 3 pen’s saved. Good concentration should throughout. Couldn’t be blamed for Konskchy’s goal.

Hyypia- 7 – Decent game.

Gerrard – 11 – Was involved in everything, and a 40 yard wonder goal, just another day in the life of Stevie G. If there’s a better Midfielder in the world, I’d like to see him.

Kewell – 5 – Didn’t touch the ball many times, although when he got into the middle he showed some good link up play.

Crouch – 7 – Done well, I thought he was unlucky to go off. But he did cover a lot of ground.

Cisse – 5 – He’s goal got us back into it. Looked awful in the second half of the game.

Morientes  – 7 – Played fairly well when he got on, was chasing and really played like he wanted to win it.

Hillairious.

We draw with west ham 3-3 and play one of our poorest games this season and players are getting nine's and tens...

What planet are you people from?

Reina - 6. Made some excellent saves, was excellent in the penalty shoot out which ultimately won us the game but was at fault for two if not all three goals.

Finnan - 5. Looked lost, left Carragher exposed and had a bad game. Worst game of the season.

Riise - 5. As bad as Finnan. Look lost defensively and contributed little to the balence of the team, followed Benayoun to much instead of staying in his position.

Hyypia - 6. Dealt well with Ashton and Harewoods physical presences but far from his best.

Carragher - 5. Bullied out of the game by the west ham forwards, dragged all over the show and left Sami exposed while wrongly trying to cover Finnan.

Gerrard - 8. Wasn't the best over 120 minutes but scored two great goals and set up the first. Played well but his performance was massively overated by most.

Kewell - 5. Never got into the game at all.

Alonso - 4. Awful. Simply awful. Looked flat, tired, unfit, poor passing and generally switched off. Was glad he came off when he did. Couldn't get away from Ashton and Harewood who marked him superbly.

Sissoko - 7. The only other Liverpool player bar Gerrard who decided to turn up. Gave his all and covered so much ground. Felt sorry for him as for 60 minutes he was in the middle on his own.

Crouch - 5. Offered next to nothing. Was very poor. Angered me seeing a far far far far better player playing for the opposition and performing against far better players.

Cisse - 4. Pathetic. Took his goal like a world class striker but done nothing for the rest of the game. Absoloute shocking player.

Subs:

Kromkamp - 7. Done well off the bench, caused Konchesky problems and forced him to defend.

Hamann - 7. Come on an kept it simple, helped us regain some control.

Morientes - 5. Ran round, covered ground but offered little.
Good Bob

Postby Crouchamania » Mon May 29, 2006 8:45 pm

Reina - 8 Made mistake for hammers second but redeemed himself with saves from harewood, benayoun and reo coker and was penalty hero.

Finnan - 7 Typical performance has played better but still rock solid.

Hyypia - 8 Probably our best defender on the day not that thats saying much.

Carra - 7 Unlucky with O.G kept his head up and carried on not at his best.

JAR - 7 Another 7 sums up the defence wasted a few chances by shooting but worked hard.

Gerrard - 9 People say apart from his goals he didn't do anything. Absolute rubbish, our best player defo and set up 1st goal. A captain's performance and THAT goal right when it mattered.

Sissoko - 7 Does this guy ever stop running? Top class performance in ET and ran his socks off

Alonso - 5 Oh dear. Not very good although he wasn't fit and it showed.

Kewell- 6 Again didn't look fit and was subbed early in a final coz of injury AGAIN.

Crouchinio - 6 Didn't live up to his name. In fact he did sod all.

Cisse - 5 P1ssed a lot of people off (including me) with those boots scored good goal but offered very little.

Kromkamp - 6 I can't help feeling with a proper right winger we wouldv'e won as Konchesky had cramp. Still worked hard tho.

Morientes - 6  Had 1 chance and was denied by a last ditch tackle. Offered more than Cisse or Crouch when he came on tho.

Kaiser - 7 Scored crucial pen just like in Istanbul and stopped Benayoun playing. Vey solid.

Rafa - 8 Chose right formation but should've played Hamman instead of Alonso. Made right changes at right times tho.
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby Alonso14 » Mon May 29, 2006 8:54 pm

Good Bob wrote:

Hyypia- 7 – Decent game.

Hillairious.

We draw with west ham 3-3 and play one of our poorest games this season and players are getting nine's and tens...

What planet are you people from?

Reina - 6. Made some excellent saves, was excellent in the penalty shoot out which ultimately won us the game but was at fault for two if not all three goals.

Finnan - 5. Looked lost, left Carragher exposed and had a bad game. Worst game of the season.

Riise - 5. As bad as Finnan. Look lost defensively and contributed little to the balence of the team, followed Benayoun to much instead of staying in his position.

Hyypia - 6. Dealt well with Ashton and Harewoods physical presences but far from his best.

Carragher - 5. Bullied out of the game by the west ham forwards, dragged all over the show and left Sami exposed while wrongly trying to cover Finnan.

Gerrard - 8. Wasn't the best over 120 minutes but scored two great goals and set up the first. Played well but his performance was massively overated by most.

Kewell - 5. Never got into the game at all.

Alonso - 4. Awful. Simply awful. Looked flat, tired, unfit, poor passing and generally switched off. Was glad he came off when he did. Couldn't get away from Ashton and Harewood who marked him superbly.

Sissoko - 7. The only other Liverpool player bar Gerrard who decided to turn up. Gave his all and covered so much ground. Felt sorry for him as for 60 minutes he was in the middle on his own.

Crouch - 5. Offered next to nothing. Was very poor. Angered me seeing a far far far far better player playing for the opposition and performing against far better players.

Cisse - 4. Pathetic. Took his goal like a world class striker but done nothing for the rest of the game. Absoloute shocking player.

Subs:

Kromkamp - 7. Done well off the bench, caused Konchesky problems and forced him to defend.

Hamann - 7. Come on an kept it simple, helped us regain some control.

Morientes - 5. Ran round, covered ground but offered little.

O Stuart it must of been the euphoria at the time.

But come on at least give Stevie G a 9, everything good was going through him in the second half untill the last 7-9mins when Nigel was following him everywhere.

And even after then blunders in the first half Reina dusted himself off and keep concentration till the end.

BTW how are you judging this, 7 - average?
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion