Player ratings

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alonso14 » Sat May 13, 2006 6:28 pm

Since Stu isn’t here I’ll do the honours.

Reina – 9 – First FA Cup final in your first season in a new league, well you’d get nerves too, that’s what I put the goal down to. Made up for it with a double save, a tip on to the post as well as 3 pen’s saved. Good concentration should throughout. Couldn’t be blamed for Konskchy’s goal.

Finnan - 8 – Was solid and provided good width and good crosses.

Hyypia- 7 – Decent game.

Carragher – 7 – unlucky with the goal, didn’t let his head drop, played solid.

Riise – 7 – Again provided good width and support.

Gerrard – 11 – Was involved in everything, and a 40 yard wonder goal, just another day in the life of Stevie G. If there’s a better Midfielder in the world, I’d like to see him.

Alonso – 5 – Looked a shadow of himself, although provided some neat passes.

Sissioko – 7 – Great energy right until the death, broke up play well.

Kewell – 5 – Didn’t touch the ball many times, although when he got into the middle he showed some good link up play.

Crouch – 7 – Done well, I thought he was unlucky to go off. But he did cover a lot of ground.

Cisse – 5 – He’s goal got us back into it. Looked awful in the second half of the game.

Morientes  – 7 – Played fairly well when he got on, was chasing and really played like he wanted to win it.

Kromkamp – 6 – Worked hard.

Hamman – 6 – The hitman done well when he got one and broke down play well.
Last edited by Alonso14 on Sat May 13, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sat May 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Agree to most but I would give higher to Momoas he broke up everything in sight and I would give him at least an 8. I would also give Riise an 8 or 9. Lastly, Gerrard should get a 12 :laugh: .
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Sat May 13, 2006 6:37 pm

Alonso14 wrote:Since Stu isn’t here I’ll do the honours.

Reina – 9 – First FA Cup final in your first season in a new league, well you’d get nerves too, that’s what I put the goal down to. Made up for it with a double save, a tip on to the post as well as 3 pen’s saved. Good concentration should throughout. Couldn’t be blamed for Konskchy’s goal.

Hyypia- 7 – Decent game.

Gerrard – 111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
111111111111111111111111111111111 – Was involved in everything, and a 40 yard wonder goal, just another day in the life of Stevie G. If there’s a better Midfielder in the world, I’d like to see him.

Kewell – 5 – Didn’t touch the ball many times, although when he got into the middle he showed some good link up play.

Crouch – 7 – Done well, I thought he was unlucky to go off. But he did cover a lot of ground.

Cisse – 5 – He’s goal got us back into it. Looked awful in the second half of the game.

Morientes  – 7 – Played fairly well when he got on, was chasing and really played like he wanted to win it.

Fixed
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat May 13, 2006 6:51 pm

Game Ratings:

Reina - 7 Unlike his normal self all game, until the final minute of the extra time, where he had to palm away a West Ham goal attempt that hit the post. Needless to say, he totally redeemed himself with the penalty shootout antics.

Finnan - 7 Pretty solid, more or less keeping West Ham's left flank at bay. Good game going forward.

Carragher - 6 Not like his usual self, silly misunderstanding with Reina for the own goal. Looked confused at times with West Ham's attack from the flanks.

Hyypia - 6 Decent performance but looked outrunned at times at the back by some of West Ham's attack and Ashton's physical presence. Also shadowed by a badly placed penalty.

Riise - 5 A very poor game in defence by his standards. The West Ham right flank had caused us trouble all game and was responsible for the first goal. Decent game going forward. Well taken penalty.

Gerrard - 9 What can I say? Leading by examples, 2 absolutely cracking goals, but perhaps lacking some of the midfield guile that he normally possesses which could have halted some of West Ham's attacks.

Sissoko - 8 Ran his socks off, more or less sorted out any West Ham attack that went his way.

Alonso - 7 Not a very good game, distribution was average. Perhaps his average performance was due to his recurring ankle injury.

Kewell - 6 Did not have much of the ball in the first half and was promptly subbed off for Morientes. Did not look much of a threat though.

Cisse - 7 A well taken half volley but other than that, his contribution was pretty insignificant. On another note, what is with his boots and.... hairstyle?

Crouch - 6 Served as a decent link between the midfield and the attack but did not look too much of a threat during his time on the pitch.

Morientes - 6 His presence upfront was pretty non-existent, nevertheless a hard working display from the Spaniard.

Hamann - 8 Effective display when on the pitch. Seemed to have stablised the team in some way. Well taken penalty.

Kromkamp - 7 Decent performance, both defensively and offensively. Seem to be causing West Ham some trouble on the right flank late in the game.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 13, 2006 7:01 pm

Reina 9- had a dodgy moment with the 2nd goal but more than made up for it in the second half.  We would have been 3-1 down after 46 mins if it weren’t for his saves.

Finnan-8 Solid as usual, had some great runs up the right

Carragher-9 his own goal was a fluke.  He played his heart out(as usual) and was his usal solid self

Hyypia-9 Solid like Carra.  Was impressed with his runs up the field!

Riise-8 seemed to never get tired. His passing was off in the first 30 mins, but ounce he got in the game, he was superb

Gerrard-10 what can I say...that goal!!  We were looking beaten and he brings something like that out the bag!!!

Alonso-4 didn't look fit from the start and it showed in his game.  His passing was off and so was his game awareness.

Sissoko-9 The guy is looking settled and better with every game.  Next season he'll be even better!!

Kewell-4 Like Alonso, he didn't look fit.  Struggled to get into the game andwas brought off after 50 mins.

Cisse-8 Today was a clear illustration of Cisse the player.  Great goal with some frustrating moments of selfishness.  Shame he got injured towards the end, because his pace could have undone West ham towards the end.

Crouch-6 had a valid goal disallowed, but struggled to impact the game.
----------------------------------------------------------
(Kromkamp 67)- 7 played well and looked dangerous on the right

Morientes 48- 6 showed some nice touches but ultimately isn't good enough for LFC.  Nice to see im go out on a high.

(Hamann 71)- Just like Istanbul, Hamman comes on to save the day.  Was superb in midfield and calmed things down after Alonso went off with a injury.  Good pen and a Great servant for LFC.

So, we won!!!     Great game and some great moments of play.  Just a shame we played like Everton for the first 31 mins and gave away 2 sloppy goals.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Sat May 13, 2006 10:46 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Reina 9- had a dodgy moment with the 2nd goal but more than made up for it in the second half.  We would have been 3-1 down after 46 mins if it weren’t for his saves.

Finnan-8 Solid as usual, had some great runs up the right

Carragher-9 his own goal was a fluke.  He played his heart out(as usual) and was his usal solid self

Hyypia-9 Solid like Carra.  Was impressed with his runs up the field!

Riise-8 seemed to never get tired. His passing was off in the first 30 mins, but ounce he got in the game, he was superb

Gerrard-10 what can I say...that goal!!  We were looking beaten and he brings something like that out the bag!!!

Alonso-4 didn't look fit from the start and it showed in his game.  His passing was off and so was his game awareness.

Sissoko-9 The guy is looking settled and better with every game.  Next season he'll be even better!!

Kewell-4 Like Alonso, he didn't look fit.  Struggled to get into the game andwas brought off after 50 mins.

Cisse-8 Today was a clear illustration of Cisse the player.  Great goal with some frustrating moments of selfishness.  Shame he got injured towards the end, because his pace could have undone West ham towards the end.

Crouch-6 had a valid goal disallowed, but struggled to impact the game.
----------------------------------------------------------
(Kromkamp 67)- 7 played well and looked dangerous on the right

Morientes 48- 6 showed some nice touches but ultimately isn't good enough for LFC.  Nice to see im go out on a high.

(Hamann 71)- Just like Istanbul, Hamman comes on to save the day.  Was superb in midfield and calmed things down after Alonso went off with a injury.  Good pen and a Great servant for LFC.

So, we won!!!     Great game and some great moments of play.  Just a shame we played like Everton for the first 31 mins and gave away 2 sloppy goals.

I agree more with this one........Hyppias energy at the end was outstanding....for an old guy :)

Gerrard tho = 1000000 - OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 13, 2006 10:55 pm

i posted this in the wrong place sorry , but here it is now.
Reina         7, apart from one mistake he had a good game

Finnan       7 solid and got up field a lot

Carra         6, not one of his best game, seemed come in and out of the game

Hyypia       8  good game, and look the most fit at the end

Riise          8, run his legs off, must have coverd  more ground than any other player.

Gerrard      10 yes 10, i dont think i have ever given a 10 before, not sure what our team would be like withoutout him over a season

Sissoko      8, great game but not sure where he was in the first half

Alonso       5, not fit, and i dont think he should have been picked

Kewell       5 been on form all year till today, big shame , was not in the game much in the first half  and got hurt coming back on for the 2nd half

Crouch      7 had a good game and not sure why he was taken off

Cisse        7 great goal  but for a man with such pace did not see him use it much in the first half and seemed to be out on his feet at the end.

Kromkamp  8, not liked the guy till today, had a great game the best i have seen him play

Hamann     8  strong strong strong, just made me feel good when he come on when we was down.

Morientes   5 got himself in thje right place at the right time but seemed never to get the shot off
Last edited by lakes10 on Sat May 13, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sun May 14, 2006 12:42 am

I bet Gerrards glad he didnt leave now.
Okay we mightnt have Chelskis money but they will never have our magic!
Liverpool FC really are a fantastic club!!!
82-1074641017

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun May 14, 2006 2:58 am

(Hadn't noticed this thread - duplicated from my post in the official final thread)

Some of the player ratings on here are a bit generous, to say the very least. Here's mine:

Reina: 6 - Clearly at fault for at least 2 of the 3 goals, although obviously very unlucky with the third. Stunning save late on from Harewood, and a star turn in the shoot out. He'll get good press tomorrow, but the bottom line is that he gifted West Ham a 2 goal start.

Finnan: 7 - The pick of the defence. Fairly solid at the back, and worked the ball around tidily in the opposition half.

Carragher: 5 - Not a good performance at all. Very unlucky with the own goal, but not his normal reassuring self, and slack in the tackle. One of his worst performances of the season.

Hyypia: 6 - Very rash in the challenge at times, and played too narrow in the centre which gifted Ashton and Harewood space in the first half. Very ambitious going forward though, and carved himself a great half chance after leaving 3 players for dead with a deft turn.

Riise: 5 - Poor. Out of position far too often at the back, and never really at the races going forward. Some good challenges, but also a couple of dire attempts at sliding tackles which were poorly judged and could have left us in trouble. Good to see him score a pen in the shootout though - it wasn't a great effort, but he looked incredibly relieved.

Gerrard: 8 - Man of the match. Two phenomenal goals, almost single-handedly bringing us back into the game in the second half. Beautifully weighted pass to Cisse as well, and a cracking penalty in the shoot out. Apart from the brilliant late goal, however, he had little involvement in the last 40 mins of play once cramp had set in.

Alonso: 5 - Did very well to prove himself fit in time for the final, but looked off the pace once he'd got there. One of his occasional poor days in terms of passing (his missed pass started the move leading to the Carra OG), sluggish going forward, and reticent in the challenge. Shouldn't have started, really.

Sissoko: 6 - Typically game and energetic, put in some good challenges, and went on some good runs but lacked a finish or a killer pass. Often unlucky after covering a lot of ground, only for challenges to result in a throw in against him, or for the ball to break for the opposition. Fitness not in question though - he looked our freshest player at the end extra time.

Kewell: 5 - Another final to forget for Harry. Virtually anonymous in the first half, conceding possession regularly after trying a trick or two, and misplaced passes often. Very unlucky to injure himself on the way out for the second half, as I was hoping for a big 45 mins from him.

Crouch: 6 - Unjustly denied a very good goal - he'd timed his run to perfection. Lacking in the air as usual, but towards the end of the first half put some good passes together around the box to help us maintain the pressure. Often outmuscled by Gabbidon, and didn't assert himself as he could've done, but unlucky to be taken off.

Cisse: 5 - Scored a great goal, but apart from a cross for a Morientes half-chance, offered very little else. Didn't do anything after he'd been moved over to the left, but gamely soldiered on when clearly injured in extra time. Seemed his frustrating, sulky self for most of the second half when things didn't go his way.

Subs:

Morientes: 5 - Covered a lot of ground, but never looked threatening. West Ham defence played him out of the game in and around the box. Some good passing and movement when he withdrew to 30 yards out, however.

Kromkamp: 7 - Effective on the right of midfield. Got himself forward, worked the West Ham left back hard, and got a few good crosses in. Showed some good skill and composure at times too.

Hamann: 6 - Solid and reassuring. Helped nullify the growing threat of Benayoun, and broke things up well a few times as West Ham's fresh legs tried to catch us on the break. Tidy passing, but no massive attacking threat, which was a shame given that he was the freshest player in a red shirt for 50 mins. Very good penalty in the shoot out though.

--------------------------------------

Gutsy team performance in the extra time crampfest, but we lacked quality for most of the 120 mins. Three good goals kept us in the game, but those aside we didn't play particularly well, even when we were dominating possession. As I've said elsewhere, West Ham wouldn't necessarily have looked bad value for the win up until Stevie's equaliser.

A great, great final though.  :)
ivor_the_injun

Postby Houllier=LFC » Sun May 14, 2006 4:03 am

I would'nt give risse and finnan higher than 6, couple of times they were outpaced which allow them to cross the ball in, especially risse. Certainly not his normal standard.
Houllier=LFC

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun May 14, 2006 4:11 am

Alonso14 wrote:Since Stu isn’t here I’ll do the honours.

Hyypia- 7 – Decent game.

Gerrard – 11 – Was involved in everything, and a 40 yard wonder goal, just another day in the life of Stevie G. If there’s a better Midfielder in the world, I’d like to see him.

You are joking right ?

Reina 9 ? I'm sorry, and I know I'm probably in the minority but Reina has not totally convinced me. Harsh but true Reina in my opinion was at fault for all three goals. Konchesky's is debatable but for me Reina was average. He did well obviously on the penalties thou  :D

Finnan? again for me he had a bit of a mare, we come to expect a good consistent standard from this guy, but to be fair the whole of the Liverpool defence were ran ragged in the first half especially, so uncharacteristic from a team who usually has such a stern rea-guard.

For me all three strikers that were on the pitch didnt really look like a goal threat. Cisse to be fair had a good first half and out of the three he'd just about pip it for me.

Gerrard  :bowdown
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 14, 2006 4:48 am

Gerrard deserves a 10.....  :bowdown
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sun May 14, 2006 6:42 am

7_Kewell wrote:Riise-8 seemed to never get tired. His passing was off in the first 30 mins, but ounce he got in the game, he was superb

How can Riise be superb? He was absolutely terrible, one of our worst player, he trys to play as a LW too much, he was terrible as a LB, very lazy defender, play out of position.  I'd give him a 4.5 given that his main role is LB.
oakton

Postby Morth » Sun May 14, 2006 7:10 am

I can't believe some here won't give Gerrard 10 after this one.  This final was truly Gerrard vs. West Ham United at times. 

Holy jesus christ I want to have your babies Stevie.
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby PCG77 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:01 am

I can't believe people are saying that Cisse was lazy in the 2nd half. It was quiet clear that he was injured and we had already used all of our subs. Give the bloke some credit. His goal was pure quality. Beautifully taken volley.
PCG77

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion