PSV VS LIVERPOOL - C/L Quarter final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:26 am

7_Kewell wrote:if anyone doubt why Fowler shouldn't stay at liverpool...today was the golden example.  I feel really sad for the guy...because his face when Crouch scored said it all.

If anyone doubted your inability to grasp the basics of football, this post is a golden example.  You feel bad for Fowler?  You should worry about yourself, lad, as you've managed to come across as a right t!t once more.  Save what little credibility you have and never, ever comment on Fowler again.  Your ignorance on all things God is the true embarrassment here.  :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:29 am

heimdall wrote:Pennant was rubbish again, he just cannot cross the ball accurately, very poor display.

Christ, another one!  What game were you watching?  Pennant was one of our best players on the night and is actually starting to look the part.  Unbelievable.  :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:44 am

Bad Bob wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:if anyone doubt why Fowler shouldn't stay at liverpool...today was the golden example.  I feel really sad for the guy...because his face when Crouch scored said it all.

If anyone doubted your inability to grasp the basics of football, this post is a golden example.  You feel bad for Fowler?  You should worry about yourself, lad, as you've managed to come across as a right t!t once more.  Save what little credibility you have and never, ever comment on Fowler again.  Your ignorance on all things God is the true embarrassment here.  :no

Go easy on him mate, I dont agree with what he's said about Fowler. But the bloke is entitled to an opinion whether its deemed wrong or not.

What I will say to Kewell_7 is .... You really cant afford to slate Fowler down considering your name sake (Kewell) can you ?

Think about it.
66-1112520797

Postby Lucky » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:05 am

Bad Bob wrote:
heimdall wrote:Pennant was rubbish again, he just cannot cross the ball accurately, very poor display.

Christ, another one!  What game were you watching?  Pennant was one of our best players on the night and is actually starting to look the part.  Unbelievable.  :no

Pennant's pace and breaking through were great, but he just cannot pass the ball accurately! That's a problem he should be working hard on.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:10 am

Lucky wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Pennant's pace and breaking through were great, but he just cannot pass the ball accurately! That's a problem he should be working hard on.

Hey lucky........... any Pineapples eaten in your place tonight, more importantly did you eat one with a female friend ?  :D
66-1112520797

Postby Lucky » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:37 am

Bamaga man, your curiosity never died, didn't you? When will you get tired of such a joke?
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:53 am

Lucky wrote:Bamaga man, your curiosity never died, didn't you? When will you get tired of such a joke?

Never.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby lakes10 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:47 am

Some strange posts on here about that game. We did what we had to do...kill off the Tie, we did not need to go out and do anything, If PSV had  come and got 2 goals then we would have just step it up, as it was there was no need. ok the game was not great fun for the fans but you do get games like this when the end  is all that matters. well done lads.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:53 am

Andy Gray summed it up last night, both teams were playing like it was a practice match. No tackles. No enthusiasm. No need. It was boring but we're through so who's really bothered. It would be folly to compare our second leg performance against that of Man Utd's, their second leg result was one out of necessity considering they went into the match losing - in the end they did much more that they needed. I mean do you really think they would of won that 7-1 if they went into the second leg 3-0 up??

The Bellamy injury was all we need, although it could be a blessing in disguise and force Rafa to play Crouch more, who is clearly our form striker at the moment. I honestly can't see Fowler getting any games next season (that's even if he is even at the club?). The fact is Fowler isn't a shade of the player he used to be, that is probably due to the fact that he is getting older and his fitness isn't what it used to be. Regardless, the more I see him play unfortunately the more I think he can't cut it at the level we play at. It's a shame but that's the way football is. he'll always be revered for the player he was and what he did for us but it was a dream out of reach for him to think he could make an impact a second time at Liverpool.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:05 am

Thought that young kid getting sent off was very harsh, free kick was enough ecspecially on his debut.
Thank god none of ours got sent off.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:07 am

Some bizarre posts on here, Pennant being slagged after being the best player on the pitch  ???
Unsurprisingly kewell7 or whatever his name is slagging Robbie off, even though he was at the heart of the best moves in the game and made the goal with his unselfishness.
Robbie didnt look fantastic i am not stupid enough to suggest that, he didnt look happy either but i'd put that down to us being already through and Rafa still leaving him out, he should of started Robbie and Bellamy and brought Crouch on later. The one-two he played in and around the box before being taken out by Salcido showed he is more than capable in and around the box of igniting and creating things.
The tempo of the game due to the first leg result meant that it was never going to be the best to watch or to play in.
The main thing is we are through with another cleab sheet and Pennant looked a threat.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:24 am

We didnt play overly confidently last night
Noone really made a hard effort
Would of been good for us to have the mentality Man U had the previous night

Good atmosphere though :)
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:37 am

Have to say Pennant first half was superb. Alonso was good as was Arbeloa. I hope I never see Zenden out on the left again, I do not mind him in the centre but he is never a left sided midfielder.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jkop » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:24 pm

lakes10 wrote:Some strange posts on here about that game. We did what we had to do...kill off the Tie, we did not need to go out and do anything, If PSV had  come and got 2 goals then we would have just step it up, as it was there was no need. ok the game was not great fun for the fans but you do get games like this when the end  is all that matters. well done lads.

Good post, well said mate. :nod
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:37 pm

Pennant played really well last night, commanded that right hand side against a cl quarter finalist team so thats gotta be good! made up he has been playing really well last couple of games, i did have faith in him.

now god, i thought when he came on he looked lively enough, experiance counts for a alot of things, he has lost his pace and fitness but his brain is still ticking over as per and he was looking lively. not his fault that the team is drilled to play the way it is, its not about service to one striker anymore its about finding that weak link in every team i feel.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion