Gap between us and united - Is getting bigger all the time!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:35 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:

We need some of that. We need to see our badge on everything that can be sold.

:D ... capitalism at its best...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:53 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Commercially they have the advantage. They've got video boards and are very good at marketing.

We need some of that. We need to see our badge on everything that can be sold.[/b]

yeah we can do the following

1) every seat at the new stadium's Kop shall have a name of a liverpool legend. people can relate to their seats you know.

2) ask the custom officials at the airport to change their stamps so that everytime a tourist visits Merseyside they will have a Liverpool logo imprinted on their passports.

3) negotiate an agreement with youtube so that everytime after a match is played LFC is allowed to post an official summary of the match that you can find nowhere else not even Setanta or whatever and in return, youtube has ads of liverpool fc on their website. just like what TNA wrestling does.

4) carlsberg should launch a new beer with a tagline that goes something like ''a touch of Red'' with red bottles and our players starring in their commercials.

5) the official website is pretty ugly. they need to revamp it. check out http://www.transformersmovie.com its wicked! perhaps we can get their designers to re-do our website with more graphic animations and sounds.

6) the next time a major incident such as a tsunami happens, release a cd with major rock stars contributing to the playlist and title it '' Kopped For Relief''. just like what Linkin Park did when they had a ''Music For Relief''. it may be non-profit but it will get alot of attention

7) they should get a new marketing communications employee. i know one! he is seating in front of my computer screen  :rasp
maypaxvobiscum

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:08 am

they should get a new marketing communications employee. i know one! he is seating in front of my computer screen  :rasp

Then stop hogging the keyboard and give him a chance to air some ideas 
:rasp   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:18 am

woof woof ! wrote:
they should get a new marketing communications employee. i know one! he is seating in front of my computer screen  :rasp

Then stop hogging the keyboard and give him a chance to air some ideas 
:rasp   :D

:laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Postby heimdall » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:30 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Commercially they have the advantage. They've got video boards and are very good at marketing.

We need some of that. We need to see our badge on everything that can be sold.[/b]

1) every seat at the new stadium's Kop shall have a name of a liverpool legend. people can relate to their seats you know.

2) ask the custom officials at the airport to change their stamps so that everytime a tourist visits Merseyside they will have a Liverpool logo imprinted on their passports.

3) negotiate an agreement with youtube so that everytime after a match is played LFC is allowed to post an official summary of the match that you can find nowhere else not even Setanta or whatever and in return, youtube has ads of liverpool fc on their website. just like what TNA wrestling does.

4) carlsberg should launch a new beer with a tagline that goes something like ''a touch of Red'' with red bottles and our players starring in their commercials.

5) the official website is pretty ugly. they need to revamp it. check out http://www.transformersmovie.com its wicked! perhaps we can get their designers to re-do our website with more graphic animations and sounds.

6) the next time a major incident such as a tsunami happens, release a cd with major rock stars contributing to the playlist and title it '' Kopped For Relief''. just like what Linkin Park did when they had a ''Music For Relief''. it may be non-profit but it will get alot of attention

7) they should get a new marketing communications employee. i know one! he is seating in front of my computer screen  :rasp

Some fine ideas there (4) :buttrock  and some not so good (6) :no  but I generally agrre with you that Liverpool need to get much more savvy with marketing and I'm sure that we now will now that we have the Yanks running the show from the business side.  :bowdown
heimdall

Postby hello_red » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:44 pm

We beat chelsea then we have a good run of games after that. we should technically speaking be in a great position come xmas. but alas i dont wanna speculate.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:01 pm

I know we need merchandise to compete, but I don't want us turning into tacky, greedy b@stards that United were during the mid to late 90's and up to today, where everything f*cking thing, and I mean everything, there was, you could get a Manchester United made brand of it. It's just cringeworthy. It's like Mickey f*cking Mouse and Disney Land. Real Madrid are somewhat the same. A franchise like McDonalds. I do not want to see our club go down the same road. It just sickens me.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:30 pm

we dont need to make it to a extent where its like a franchise like Macdonalds, but an exclusive and in-demand brand like Lamborghini.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:48 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:we dont need to make it to a extent where its like a franchise like Macdonalds, but an exclusive and in-demand brand like Lamborghini.

Laborghini? They only do one kind of merchandise. Expensive quarter of a million pound type ones. We don't want to be that exclusive.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:56 pm

Unfortunately this is the way football is heading.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:00 am

Lets rub it in a little more--difference between us and united about 3 EUROPEAN CUPS :laugh:
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Owzat » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:23 am

heimdall wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

Some fine ideas there (4) :buttrock  and some not so good (6) :no  but I generally agrre with you that Liverpool need to get much more savvy with marketing and I'm sure that we now will now that we have the Yanks running the show from the business side.  :bowdown

Man Utd got lucky bigtime, they got success just as money was flooding into the top flight and so they are now the most marketable product because of all the foreigners with their satellite TV 'supporting' the best team. If Chelsea maintain their success they may well be up there with the mancs, we do bloody well considering our drought of league titles and it is VERY important that drought is ended soon. Talk of giving Rafa as much time as he needs should cease, Liverpool needs the league title and he should know that by now having been here three seasons.

Can we boost ourselves commercially? It will be hard. As I'm sure you're well aware Sky and BBC both love Chelsea and the mancs and while they know we are a big gun too we still get left until last on highlights, don't get the plump TV slots and basically they try and fit in the live games for the mancs to suit their foreign 'fanbase'. I still remember that bloody match on a Monday night against the mancs, 'convenient' scheduling that allowed druggie to play the very day after his ban expired and he wouldn't have been able to play on the Sunday. I don't think we've played the mancs on a Monday before or since (that I can remember)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:00 am

Emerald Red wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:we dont need to make it to a extent where its like a franchise like Macdonalds, but an exclusive and in-demand brand like Lamborghini.

Laborghini? They only do one kind of merchandise. Expensive quarter of a million pound type ones. We don't want to be that exclusive.

exclusive in the sense that its not easily counterfeited like for example Nike when they opened a factory in China they had alot of fake Nike shoes being released in the black market. thats the direction we want to avoid. exclusive in the sense that its special. look at LG. they made a handphone with Prada. now firstly the handphone features are nothing special however it is associated with a big name in Prada that makes people go ''wow''. perhaps if liverpool did manage to tie up a deal with nokia or sonyericsson a liverpool themed phone can be released. in that phone there can be special liverpool features - live games can be viewed and thats where Setanta can come in.
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion