United or everton - Which one is bigger?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

United or everton - Which one is bigger?

man united
73%
everton
27%

Total votes : 52

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:05 pm

The scum for me, I never get that feelin of 'this could be awkward' against Everton. Dunno why, but the derby games always have me optimistic, regardless of form. Maybe if I lived in Liverpool it'd be difrent, I only know one everton fan down here, whereas there's loadsa manure fans.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:08 pm

Yep - it's kind of been covered here. I'm a wool, born 18 miles from Liverpool, and my school year when I was about 5 was split almost 50/50 with Liverpool and Man U fans, with just the 1 random Everton fan in there. My family has both scouse and Manc blood, and is split right down the middle as well. As a result, LFC v Man U has always been the biggest match of any season.

As you get closer to Liverpool, the number of Everton fans increases dramatically. I've always found it funny though how they've never really cultivated a decent fanbase outside the city, even back in the 80s when they were winning the league, the FA Cup and even the Cup Winner's Cup.

Don't get me wrong, the derby is an enormous game to me every season, but it's been David v Goliath for so long (or little club v big club :D ) that it's almost felt like the latter years of the Wightman Cup. We always expect to win nowadays, and it's seen as an upset on the rare occasions that we don't.
ivor_the_injun

Postby destro » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:26 pm

Everton1-0 West Ham :angry:
destro

Postby Yari7 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:37 pm

destro wrote:
Yari7 wrote:Man Utd is should be the bigger game but it isn't because we are not challenging for the title.

As for Everton, it is bigger because it means more. We are both fighting for 4th spot.

Everton would still be a big game regardless of league position

Yes, Everton would be a huge game regardless but United would always be the bigger game if we were title challengers.
Yari7

Postby staceykelly » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Manu for me.Hate the fans.In your ear when they win,but when they lose the pub does be empty before full time.Cant stand Manu,dont like Everton either but would get so much more stisfaction in seeing Liverpool trash the manc,s.:angry:
staceykelly

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Well, a loss to Everton gives them 3, and us 0.  Thats huge in my opinion.
SupitsJonF

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:23 pm

Everton.
jonnymac1979

Postby skatesy » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:41 pm

I would have to say Man Utd, by far. If Everton was more of a threat then I think I would consider it a bigger game than Man Utd. Beating Man Utd is a lot bigger when it comes to our title chances, not Everton.
skatesy

Postby heimdall » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:46 pm

Everton-West Ham 1-1

Come on the Hammers  :buttrock  :buttrock
heimdall

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Finally, i'm able to post after 4 months away.

Right let me get into it. United everytime. Why? Cos they are the scum salford stinking sewer rats. I hate everything they stand for. That whisky nosed glaswegian makes me sick. Neverton are just what city are to the scum. A bragging right.

Man Poo is the one i delight in winning every time.

It might be cos i live in Bolton and very close to these horrible inbred morons. Or it could be that the missus' family are all die hard salford :censored:. Come on red men. Stuff them.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:25 pm

utd for me .... if everton were as good as utd it would be a harder question to answer
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:46 pm

Man Ure for me,funny how they sing their anti-Scouse songs without realising where Rooney comes from......deluded fEckers!!! :angry:
Don't get me started on Gary Inbred Neville either....
Gracias King Rafa

Postby RedBlood » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:48 pm

looks like the bitters are slipping everybody together now: awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby DRARREG8 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:50 pm

we lost at anfield this season in front of man utd with a lucky goal from tevez and really the results of our games against manchester in the last seasons makes me feel bad :(

so in this situation a victory in front of manchester and in the old trafford will means to me so much
DRARREG8

Postby The Kid Torres » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Manchester United, simply because they have been the team to beat for years.

Everton is obviously a massive game still, and the forthcoming derby will have even more importance this time round than in previous seasons for obvious reasons, but personally Manchester United are always the first fixture I look for when the season fixtures are announced in the summer.
The Kid Torres

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion