State of the club - Has houllier left foundations or a mess?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:19 pm

just wandering what people think of the state of the club that houllier has left behind. What will his legacy be? has houllier left the club with solid foundations to build on or will Benitez have to start again? what do you lot think?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmyb » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:36 pm

I think houllier left some good foundations but you have to judge a manager on his signings,he started well enough but lost his way towards the end, its now up to beni to see who he can bring in,the early signs are good because he must have told stevie g who he was after to make him change his mind about going
jimmyb

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:41 pm

personally i think he was terrible for the last two seasons, but saying that houllier has the left a reasonable squad with some good talent, but i at least 5 players need to be sold, the 5 being biscan, smicer, traore, el hadji dioff and diao as these players are just dead wood and are a waste of wages
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:45 pm

A mess. He has built a squad of underachievers and now Liverpool are desperate to raise money to buy the club out of Fooliers mess. Thai presidents, mafia bosses and all others with money are welcome to buy a stake in the club.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby fritzylfc » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:45 pm

houllier left the club hanging by a thread gerrard was thinking of leaving owen having thoughts, the only things not wanting  to leave  are houlliers flops.  i wish rafa all the best things can only get better:) :) :) :)
fritzylfc

Postby kenco » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:23 pm

Club foundations ok.    Squad ******.:cool:
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:57 pm

The foundations were pretty solid two years ago,but needed securing.Houllier failed to do this and the subsidence set in.The end of the 2004 campaign saw all the good work done by GH nearly eroded away.The squad of players were disheartened,with none having a kind word to say about Houllier on his departure and some feeding stories to the press showing their contempt for the man.
     The appointment of Benitez was a shot in the arm and hopefully the damage can be prepared,because we still have a good squad of players.With a few additions it can only get stronger.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stapo1000 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:07 pm

the period since the season ended was vital and couldn't have gone much better for us. houllier finally rid us of heskey, we got one of the best managers possible(imo), cisse is still coming, baros is looking class and all our sh1t players look to be leaving.
as for what houllier left behind him- rafa can build on it. we have one of the best training facilities around courtesy of houllier. our squad is relatively poor if we wanna compete for the prem'ship, but our bad signings are leaving and benitez will make some hopefully decent signings.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:42 pm

Foundations sound and the fact is that if GH had left after 3 years instead of 5 we would not be having this conversation.

He's instilled discipline into the players, brought the training facilities and practices into the 21 st centruy and gave a lot of us belief back after the previous tenure of Evans and Sounees.

Yes, he bought poorly (Summer 2002)

But he has bought well too , Hyppia, Kewell, Finnon, Hamann and Rise are all GH signings have performed admirably for LFC

Benitez will build on his success ( 6 trophies in 5 seasons) and hopefully take them where GH ultimately couldn't , back to the top :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:13 am

Benitez will build on his success ( 6 trophies in 5 seasons) and hopefully take them where GH ultimately couldn't , back to the top 

i hope so mate :D  :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:20 am

Don't we all :D Or are there some fans who actually enjoy being second best in some masochicstic way so they can MOAN a lot !!!!! :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:45 am

Thats probably me :D
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:57 am

I wasn't thinking about you greenred but if the "Cap fits" :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:07 am