Houllier 7 days left.....?!?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Sun May 23, 2004 6:46 pm

Puddlian Lane wrote:How is it the biggest load of cr@p? As far as I am concerned Newcastle have a better staring eleven than us. Woodgate, Dyer, Jenas, Bellamy, Bowyer and Vianna were out for a good chunk of the campaign. I don't know about you but Id rather have Bellamy/Shearer than Owen/Heskey. In addition their midfield is much better. We have Gerrard who is probably the best midfielder in the premiership but apart from that, Newcastle oust us. Also, my main point of price comparasion was to compare the ability of the players Houllier has bought as compared to rival managers which I didn't make clear. Sorry. Finally, I have being wating for Houllier to get the sack as much as anyone.  :(

yeah right.

shearer, woodgate and given are the only players from newcastle who would even stand a chance of getting into our best eleven.

jenas is overrated. dyer has scored 3 goals in two years (i rest my case). even heskey scores more goals than bellamy.

they were just unfortunate to get injuries at an unfortunate time of the season. for us, hamann didn't play till november, henchoz was out until january. oh yeah and we also lost carragher and baros for 4 MONTHS each in one game. add that to our BEST striker being out for 3 months.

yeah looking back newcastle were quite unlucky.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Sun May 23, 2004 6:47 pm

Diarra is meant to be promising, he supposedly play's like Vierra and even look's like him, build way's.

...and Cheyrou is the next Zidane, Diao played like Viera, Diouf should be a Brazilian, Biscan & Traore could be THE next great defender...I rest my case!
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Sun May 23, 2004 6:53 pm

How is it the biggest load of cr@p? As far as I am concerned Newcastle have a better staring eleven than us. Woodgate, Dyer, Jenas, Bellamy, Bowyer and Vianna were out for a good chunk of the campaign. I don't know about you but Id rather have Bellamy/Shearer than Owen/Heskey. In addition their midfield is much better. We have Gerrard who is probably the best midfielder in the premiership but apart from that, Newcastle oust us.

Yeah, sure...you must be pretty good at Championship Manager then :laugh:  :laugh:
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby Puddlian Lane » Sun May 23, 2004 7:27 pm

At Champ Man I steered Villa to 5 consecutive League Titles, 3 Champ Leagues, 4 F.A. Cups and 7 League Cups within 7 seasons. I won at least the double every season without editing or cheating. I spent no more than £40m to achieve this (incl Emerton for £12m and Alan Smith for £100k). My record speaks for itself. On top of that I steered coventry to league title within three seasons.
Additionally, Jenas is not overated. Why were Chelsea, Man Utd and Real Madrid all prepared to fork out £25m for him last season? I don't see that happening to Hamann who I admit was a loss. As was Henchoz and Carragher. As for Bellamy, was he not in contention for Young Player of the year for two consecutive seasons. The only players worthy of a future are Sinama Pongolle, Le Tallec, Diarra and Kirkland. The Le Harve kids were brilliant in France and were rated as two of the top youngsters around.
Id rather have Dyer and Jenas than Cheynrou and Murphy.
Puddlian Lane

Postby stmichael » Sun May 23, 2004 7:31 pm

Puddlian Lane wrote:At Champ Man I steered Villa to 5 consecutive League Titles, 3 Champ Leagues, 4 F.A. Cups and 7 League Cups within 7 seasons. I won at least the double every season without editing or cheating. I spent no more than £40m to achieve this (incl Emerton for £12m and Alan Smith for £100k). My record speaks for itself. On top of that I steered coventry to league title within three seasons.

you should apply for the liverpool managers job with a record like that!

:D  :laugh:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 84-1083280474 » Sun May 23, 2004 10:14 pm

Puddlian Lane wrote:At Champ Man I steered Villa to 5 consecutive League Titles, 3 Champ Leagues, 4 F.A. Cups and 7 League Cups within 7 seasons. I won at least the double every season without editing or cheating. I spent no more than £40m to achieve this (incl Emerton for £12m and Alan Smith for £100k). My record speaks for itself. On top of that I steered coventry to league title within three seasons.
Additionally, Jenas is not overated. Why were Chelsea, Man Utd and Real Madrid all prepared to fork out £25m for him last season? I don't see that happening to Hamann who I admit was a loss. As was Henchoz and Carragher. As for Bellamy, was he not in contention for Young Player of the year for two consecutive seasons. The only players worthy of a future are Sinama Pongolle, Le Tallec, Diarra and Kirkland. The Le Harve kids were brilliant in France and were rated as two of the top youngsters around.
Id rather have Dyer and Jenas than Cheynrou and Murphy.

you need to get out more mate
84-1083280474

Postby JBG » Sun May 23, 2004 10:26 pm

Puddlian Lane wrote:Additionally, Jenas is not overated. Why were Chelsea, Man Utd and Real Madrid all prepared to fork out £25m for him last season?

I think those teams were "allegedly" after Kieran Dwyer, not Jermaine Jenas last season.

Personally I think Dwyer is over rated.

As for Diarra: how can you be so sure of him? Have you ever seen him play?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Puddlian Lane » Mon May 24, 2004 7:50 pm

I have seen Dyer, and I know I should apply for the Pool job and finally, I go out every night. Phew!
Puddlian Lane

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion