Lucas neill hopes for january move

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 89-1159041913 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:31 pm

yield
Last edited by supersub on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
89-1159041913

Postby Rafa D » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:04 pm

eds wrote:Lucas would be a fantastic addition to our backline. He is tough, versatile and plays his heart out. I know most of you don't rate him much on this forum, but I think the guy is an unpolished gem. He had an awesome World Cup, very under-rated by the media (one example is
how he took Ronaldinho to the cleaners in the Brasil game) and in my eyes would have made the World XI based on that tournament.

Rafa can make him an even better player, which is good for us and Australia.

:buttrock

Aha we agree at last eds!!

I wanted us to sign Lucas in the September transfer window. Not just for the obvious cover and competition for places at right back but I think he is a really good defender. He has a reputation for being nasty, but we need a bit of that at the moment.

He impressed me before and after the world cup and I hope he could bring that form to Liverpool.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:39 pm

i hope the rumours about Micah Richards have some foundations....much better choice for me. but if it has to be Lucas Neill - at least it'll provide reasonable cover. Richards though is the plum pick.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:51 pm

Don't particularly rate Lucas Neill myself.  He's decent, but not great.

I do think though, that right back has the potential to be a problem position for us.  Finnan has rightly been branded Mr Consistency in recent years, but I personally feel he's been more than a little bit shaky this season - although his form hasn't been helped by having different centre halves beside him and a different right midfielder in front of him every week.  The point is if we had another right back at the club I'm sure Finnan would have been dropped to the bench for a few games.

I sincerely hope we are looking at Micah Richards, that lad is going to be an International without a doubt.  However I don't see right back being his position long term, he's too good to be wasted there.  He'll end up a centre half or even playing in midfield imo.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:50 pm

john craig wrote:I sincerely hope we are looking at Micah Richards, that lad is going to be an International without a doubt.  However I don't see right back being his position long term, he's too good to be wasted there.  He'll end up a centre half or even playing in midfield imo.

yeh he does look a fantastic prospect, and would be a far better signing for us than lucas neil, though he would probably cost a fair bit. He's a great all round athlete fast, strong and great in the air, plus he has plenty of time on his side.

Lucas Neil on the other hand is a decent right back, but is already 28 or something like that and will never be more than a squad player for us so i dont see the point in signing him really. Also he's just about the dirtiest player in the league and has picked up plenty of yellow and red cards in his time at Blackburn, dont think he'd be to good for the clubs reputation either.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 74-1160487249 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:18 pm

Yes, Come on! Get in, Lucas Neill!

It's about time we started signing quality!

:)
74-1160487249

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:21 pm

Jerzy wrote:Yes, Come on! Get in, Lucas Neill!

It's about time we started signing quality!

:)

Oasis, back by popular demand?  :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby 74-1160487249 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:30 pm

You must of expected that I'd return sooner or later, I happened to come over here a few days ago when this thread was up and running. I then noticed several members talking about me and making references, so I thought like you do, why not comeback and wait for Lucas Neill to sign and then go away again?
74-1160487249

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:33 pm

Even better, why not just go away and not come back?
account deleted by request

Postby 74-1160487249 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:40 pm

That's not very nice, I always thought highly of you S@int. Sure we didn't get on, but I respected your opinions and as you seem to love America so much, I thought you would be all for democracy, therefore I am entitled to be here.  :D

Oh and get in Lucas Neill! Simply one of the best defenders about except for Ricardo Osorio.
74-1160487249

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:47 pm

I'd rather wait until the summer, and either sign him on a free or if the money is available sign Dani Alves instead, he is such a brilliant player.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion