europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:17 am

i think yes what about you?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:17 am

Wow this is pretty serious, even BBC are reporting it.  I'd invest in the club.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby europian-kings » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:18 am

as it says....barca have a similar way. i think it could work......would be nice to know the club belongs to us
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:20 am

To be honest this isnt a major issue for me right now.  Whats happening on the football pitch is my major concern
puroresu

Postby holylamb2006 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:37 am

Its quite laughable to be honest ....

It has come down to us to dig the club out !!!

But some clubs do it and has worked well but not right now

this just would add to the current affairs then to take some away !!
holylamb2006

Postby Woollyback » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:44 am

not sure who i'd rather be owned by - jokers G&H or a bunch of malaysians who think football's called soccer. what a f.ucking sad mess our club is descending into :no
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:46 am

This is getting worse and worse and worse and..................
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby saetiakidLFC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:49 am

O dear... Its okay im going to wake up in a minute.
Last edited by saetiakidLFC on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
saetiakidLFC

Postby holylamb2006 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:59 am

We deserve better !!!
holylamb2006

Postby Keris » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:44 am

Woollyback wrote:not sure who i'd rather be owned by - jokers G&H or a bunch of malaysians who think football's called soccer. what a f.ucking sad mess our club is descending into :no

Agree, the club is turning into a laughing stock. I'm sure Livepool fc fans all around the world are feeling for the club just as those game going fans in Liverpool as well.

p.s; we Malaysian loves our football, and have never thought football should be called 'soccer'.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:20 am

Keris wrote:
Woollyback wrote:not sure who i'd rather be owned by - jokers G&H or a bunch of malaysians who think football's called soccer. what a f.ucking sad mess our club is descending into :no

p.s; we Malaysian loves our football, and have never thought football should be called 'soccer'.

:D  pmsl
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:24 am

heres the story

Fans make Liverpool takeover move 
By Bill Wilson
Business reporter, BBC News 

Liverpool's refinancing includes a sum to buy new players
Liverpool supporters are to launch an ambitious plan to buy the football club from its current American owners.
US tycoons George Gillett and Tom Hicks recently finalised a £350m refinancing of the club which they bought in 2007.

But the Share Liverpool FC Group is to reveal plans for a buy-out of the club by 100,000 Reds fans around the world.

The model proposed will be a Barcelona style, "member-share" scheme, aimed at raising £500m to purchase the club from its US owners and build a new stadium.

606: DEBATE

Can the fans succeed in their bid to take over the club? 

As well as UK-based fans, a website will be launched to attract interest from Liverpool's supporter base around the world, particularly in East Asia.

Club refinancing

Those behind the move are football business lecturer and Liverpool fan Rogan Taylor, former director of communications at the Premier League Phil French, and lawyer Kevin Jacquiss - an expert in launching co-operatives.

"The time is right to offer a different solution to the rising concerns that football fans have about the patterns of ownership developing at our major football clubs," said Mr Taylor, who is director of the Football Industry Group at the University of Liverpool.

Full details of how the fans' group hopes to buy the club will be revealed later on Thursday, although the initial figures seem to suggest an investment per supporter of £5,000 each.

Thousands of Liverpool fans have already demonstrated their dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs

Rogan Taylor, Share Liverpool FC Group

Many Liverpool supporters have been unhappy at the recent uncertainty surrounding the refinancing of the club.

After much delay, and reports that either one or both of the owners was willing to sell a stake to Dubai's DIC, a refinancing deal was signed last week with the Royal Bank of Scotland and US bank Wachovia.

Tom Hicks confirmed to the BBC last week that of the £350m refinancing package, £105m of that will be debt tied to the club.

Of that total, £45m will be used for future player transfers and to meet the club's working capital needs, and the remaining £60m is thought to be free for start-up money for a new Liverpool stadium.

However, some supporters are unhappy about debt being placed on to the club, and there is also a perception that the owners' support for manager Rafa Benitez has not been as strong as it might.

Debt burden

"Thousands of Liverpool fans have already demonstrated their dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs," said Mr Taylor.

"Large amounts of debt often devolves onto clubs newly purchased, but the fans know that in the end, it will be they themselves who will have to pay it off through increased ticket prices and other schemes.

All looked rosy when the US duo took over in early 2007

"In such a case, why not simply buy the club yourselves?"

He said that many fans were unaware that there were other ways of financing and taking ownership of big clubs.

Mr Taylor said that in Germany and Spain most top-level football clubs were not for sale as they were owned by many thousands of "member fans".

"The Champions League has been won on six occasions in the last 15 years by clubs owned and run in such a way," he said.

Barcelona, which won the Champions League in 2006, is owned by its 100,000 fan-members.

Stadium plan

Earlier this month a survey carried out by the Liverpool Supporters' network showed that 76% of 2,000 fans questioned said they would "seriously consider reducing their financial commitment to the club" if the current owners stayed in charge.

When asked to choose between the owners and the manager as to who had the best interest of the club at heart, 99% backed Benitez.

However, Tom Hicks and George Gillett have insisted that they are fully behind manager Rafael Benitez.

They also say the club plans to build the 71,000-seat venue close to Anfield in Stanley Park in time for the 2011-12 season.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:58 am

I would invest and would like further details if anyone has it.

If what they say is true and there are 100,000 Liverpool fans willing to invest 5000 pounds, it may well happen
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion