Valencia make official move for baros

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Sat May 28, 2005 12:35 pm

If he is thinking of leaving then he isn't 100% commited and should leave

From Sky Sport:

Milan Baros has admitted he could still leave Liverpool in the summer, revealing that Valencia have made an offer for him.

The Czech Republic marksman started the UEFA Champions League final against Milan on Wednesday, but was again replaced by Djibril Cisse.

Baros has been unhappy with the way he has failed to complete the 90 minutes this season, and had said that he could leave Anfield.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has said that he will make wholesale changes to his squad this summer despite lifting the Champions League in Istanbul.

Baros, top scorer in Euro 2004, is one of the players with a cloud over his future, and Spanish side Valencia are leading the chase for his signature.

Some Premiership sides, including Aston Villa and Newcastle, have also been credited with an interest in the 23-year-old.

Although Baros has now said that he would be willing to remain on Merseyside, Valencia are pushing hard to sign him and he admits he could leave.

"At present it really seems I will leave, but I know nothing more about it," said Baros.

"Nothing is certain, and talks will start in the next few days.

"There is an offer from Valencia, some other clubs are also interested and there is also a possibility that I will stay in Liverpool.

"To tell the truth, I would be glad to go to Valencia, but equally glad to stay in Liverpool. So we will see.

"What I have experienced here was great. I love Liverpool, we have fantastic fans and we play nice football. If I don�t leave I will compete for the starting place.

"And if I score goals I will have it."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quimby » Sat May 28, 2005 12:44 pm

According to Parry, we have up to £30million to spend on new players plus money we make from selling people like Baros and Diouf. How much are we expected to get for Milan?
Quimby

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 28, 2005 12:54 pm

6 or 7 probably once people know what we have they wont be offering as much, looking for bargains
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quimby » Sat May 28, 2005 12:55 pm

Still, with another £5million due to come in for Diouf, our transfer kitty is massive.
Quimby

Postby Gareth G » Sat May 28, 2005 12:59 pm

I seen this on LFC.tv, Baros said there is a possibility he will stay though, so we will have to waite and see.

I also seen that we are ready to offer around £15 million for Sean Wright-Phillips, bit steep I think, but he'd probably prove worth it. It say's we have agreed a £6 million deal for Reina, but most people knew that anyway. Another few names and prices in the mix are are reported £6 million offer for Gabriel Milito which is close to being agreed from what I gather. It goes on to say this:

On top of that, he is pursuing Zaragoza midfielder Luciano Galletti, an Argentina international who played originally for Estudiantes. The 26-year-old cost Zaragoza £3.3m and the Spanish club will at least want their money back even though Galletti has only a year left on his contract.

Benitez has put names such as Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuiyt and England defender Matthew Upson on his list, along with Owen Hargreaves of Bayern Munich, and Valencia trio Vicente, Pablo Aimar and Roberto Ayala.

If the Spaniard gets the five or six players he wants, then he will not be able to go to £15m for Wright-Phillips.

The future is definitely bright in my opinion.
Last edited by Gareth G on Sat May 28, 2005 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mike72 » Sat May 28, 2005 1:03 pm

Baros has been a crucial part of our run in the Champions League...even though he didn't score many goals he was pulling opposing defences all over the place.  But he doesn't look committed to the club and if we can get a good transfer fee for him and use it to bring in a player of similar quality who is more professional, then we should go for it.  There was talk after Euro 2004 of £8-£12m bids being made for him, I think £8m would be great business now.
mike72

Postby Hotrod » Sat May 28, 2005 1:10 pm

i dunno if we will get 8 million he is keen to leave and we wanna sell him but i heard newcastle and villa are in for him apparently we are about to bod for hargreaves as well
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby Sean » Sat May 28, 2005 2:05 pm

I'd be happy to see Baros go provided we get a decent offer.....but don't forget he may a great contribution last Wednesday night when he back heeled the ball into Gerrards path for the penalty.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat May 28, 2005 2:11 pm

BBC TV have today quoted Baros .

"I'll be happy to go to Valencia ,I'd also be happy to stay at Liverpool"

Not exactly the kind of commitment I would want from a Liverpool player  :angry:

Fu'ck off Baros ,definitely had enough of you now . :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 28, 2005 2:15 pm

put him up for 10million...i'm sure we could get 3-4 clubs come in for him
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Sat May 28, 2005 2:19 pm

I have always liked Baros but I think he is going now. I think Gaffer Benitez will play one out and out striker with Garcia or the like playing just behind. If that is the case then Baros would be third string behind Cisse and Morientes and he wouldn't settle for that. Cash in now, while his Golden Boot Euro campaign is still fresh and the sweat not dry from his European Cup winning exploits!!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Sat May 28, 2005 4:03 pm

One striker in europe worked great for us but I reckon we should go 4-4-2 in the premiership next year, particularly when we play teams other than Arsenal, Chelsea & United.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Galactico » Sat May 28, 2005 8:15 pm

Absolutely sean 4-4-2 is a must in the premiership although in Europe a more conservative approach is a must but with players like Aimar Vicente rumoured. The future aint looking glazed as Old Trafford
Galactico

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun May 29, 2005 2:32 am

Sell Milan Baros

He doesnt give a toss.

He is always spouting sH!t.

When not being picked.

He couldnt give a f@ck.

About the football club.

He should go elsewhere ,try and score some goals.

I couldnt really care ,GET HIM OFF THE PAYROLL.
:D

ps i think im gonna go back to school
66-1112520797

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun May 29, 2005 2:45 am

See you sunshine. Don't forget to take the bins out when you leave.:p

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion