Could be a good weekend? - Time to make our move?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:16 pm

With us at home against West Ham and Chelsea playing Arsenal and Man u away to Man city it could be a very rewarding weekend for us.

If results go our way over the weekend we must seize our chance it could be the telling of our season?
roberto green

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:26 pm

way to JINX it
JoeTerp

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:30 pm

roberto green wrote:With us at home against West Ham and Chelsea playing Arsenal and Man u away to Man city it could be a very rewarding weekend for us.

If results go our way over the weekend we must seize our chance it could be the telling of our season?

I've a tough time thinking that Chelsea and Mancs are going to stumble two weeks in a row.  Hard to imagine two golden chances in a row to get some separation.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:47 pm

we've had enough chances to take advantage of our rival's downfalls before but we didnt. and so what if we are at home? we were at home to Fulham and Stoke too. WestHam is just as bad as them.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Rush Job » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:45 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:we've had enough chances to take advantage of our rival's downfalls before but we didnt. and so what if we are at home? we were at home to Fulham and Stoke too. WestHam is just as bad as them.

"Doomed, were all doomed"
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:40 am

The kinda game we should be looking to win  and score a few goals while we'r at it...
Despite being joint top i really dont think many Liverpool supporters well and truely believe that we can stay joint top or improve on that come the end of the season...
Our overall level of football has been average in most games and our attacking play leaves alot to be desired.. Im not really all that bothered about Chelsea and Manutds results yet...to me whats more important at this stage is that we start performing better and controlling games better... start scoring early on and looking more like a title challenging side...
We should start our best lineup and go out for a big win... what we need from this weekend more than anything else is confidence aftr the dissapointing performance and result againt Fulham...
We need to start performing much better in th league because even if we do end up beating Westham by the odd goal while playing poorly and Chelsea do end up losing to Arsenal i dont think it would be long till they get back to the top of the table ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:45 am

Im just praying Arsenal get something from their game.

It could all be very interesting.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rorschach26 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:53 am

Hopefully Gerrard will be back & Torres wil be a week & 1 game sharper 4 us

3-0 i reckon

Torres, Keane & Mascherano
Rorschach26

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:19 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:we've had enough chances to take advantage of our rival's downfalls before but we didnt. and so what if we are at home? we were at home to Fulham and Stoke too. WestHam is just as bad as them.

Harsh on West Ham, but in essence you're right that we have already missed chances and dropped points. Does it matter if we win and rivals drop points if we drop points against Stoke and Fulham? Those dropped points may come back to haunt us at the end of the season.

As for citeh beating the other mancs, well they have taken turns at winning in the past five at citeh and it's their rivals' 'turn'. And in the last ten home or away they are tied 4-4 on wins so it could go either way.

And the way Arsenal have been dropping points we'd have to hope they pull a result out of the hat like they did against the mancs. I don't believe Wenger's comments about the significance of their win last night
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:03 pm

aCe' wrote:The kinda game we should be looking to win  and score a few goals while we'r at it...
Despite being joint top i really dont think many Liverpool supporters well and truely believe that we can stay joint top or improve on that come the end of the season...
Our overall level of football has been average in most games and our attacking play leaves alot to be desired.. Im not really all that bothered about Chelsea and Manutds results yet...to me whats more important at this stage is that we start performing better and controlling games better... start scoring early on and looking more like a title challenging side...
We should start our best lineup and go out for a big win... what we need from this weekend more than anything else is confidence aftr the dissapointing performance and result againt Fulham...
We need to start performing much better in th league because even if we do end up beating Westham by the odd goal while playing poorly and Chelsea do end up losing to Arsenal i dont think it would be long till they get back to the top of the table ...

Spot on  :nod
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:06 pm

I'd go so far as to say a must win, not in terms of points but in terms of proving that we really are contenders this season.
I'm fairly sure we'll win this one comfortably.
heimdall

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Is Gerrard back?
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:23 pm

for what it's worth, arsenal are more likely to raise their game against chelsea as they did against united. however i just can't see them coping physically against chelsea and i expect them to win.

as for united, i don't see them winning at city. city have had the sign over them in recent seasons.

i hate monday night games. the derby has been moved to a monday night aswell which is complete madness. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Effes » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:40 pm

Great result yesterday - our first real chance to go points clear
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 am

told you so. how many goal-less draws are we gonna have? time and time again we had the chance to create a distance between us and 2nd place but we screw it up.

we should be at least 6 points clear by now all we needed was 1 goal.
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion