Fans make liverpool take over move!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:06 am

Sarge wrote:
Woollyback wrote:not sure who i'd rather be owned by - jokers G&H or a bunch of malaysians who think football's called soccer. what a f.ucking sad mess our club is descending into :no

malaysians don't call football "soccer" you w*anker.

Get your facts right. And malaysians are a nice bunch

Where are you from?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:18 am

Sarge wrote:
Woollyback wrote:not sure who i'd rather be owned by - jokers G&H or a bunch of malaysians who think football's called soccer. what a f.ucking sad mess our club is descending into :no

no way you have to retort to racial abuse Woollyback  :no
whylongball?

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:33 am

How is that racial abuse you wet fanny?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:59 am

whylongball? wrote:
Sarge wrote:

no way you have to retort to racial abuse Woollyback  :no

gotta agree with Lando here. how on earth is that racial abuse?

I'm malaysian and i sure as hell didn't get offended.
(but M'sian do call it football or bola)

And to be fair, while i would be proud to see a Malaysian owning LFC (as a Malaysian), I would also be very very very worried. The Football Association Malaysia is a mess, has been for ages, showing no signs of improving.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:02 am

The Government's new secretary for culture, media and sport has revealed he is taking a keen interest in how the proposal by a Liverpool fans' group to buy the club turns out.

Andy Burnham, who took up his cabinet post this month, described the move as a 'fascinating development' and one which will 'test the water in the Premier League'.

His comments come after fans' group Share Liverpool FC announced their intention to raise enough cash to oust American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

The group are holding a press conference later on Thursday to give more details on how they plan to create a stakeholder base of 100,000 to buy the club.

Commenting on the situation, Burnham told Five Live: "Obviously we'll wait to see details but this is a fascinating development and it will be really important to see how it works.

"I was one of those who set-up Supporters Direct, an organisation with the aim to encourage supporters to take a greater share ownership in their own clubs.

"So far, it's happened mainly at a lower level. It had been a great success in the Football League and lower and this development will test the water in the Premier League."

Share Liverpool FC is led by Kop season-ticket holder and director of the Football Industry Group Rogan Taylor.

Burnham added: "Rogan is very eminent in football matters and he pointed out that the Champions League has been won on six occasions by a mutually-structured club - the Barcelonas and the Real Madrids.

"It (the fans' proposal) is not necessarily incompatible with success."

This is on skysports. If the government is taking the bid seriously why shouldn't the fans.

I think it could work and is worthy of more study. As I know it the fans vote to appoint a president and he appoints the manager and buys the players.The teams mission statement would then be about winning rather than making money for the shareholders and we vote for the president who is most likely to accomplish that.

This is probably the only way teams will be able to protect themselves from corporate raiders like G & H. They will milk this team because it is a big juicy plum making money without having to service debt. DIC may well do the same but with a different spin. The only way to stop this is for the fans to buy the club and thus ensure that the dirty world of corporate business does not rear it's ugly head at our team.

This may well be the shape of things to come for all sports clubs.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:27 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Instead of trying to raise 500M to take over the club, they should try to raise the funds to pay off however much debt has been loaded onto the club, which would be considerably less than 500M and more practical as a target for fundraising.

Yes that's the arguement manhattan , why pay off the huge debt for the owners ,which we would do anyway ,by paying the ticket prices and the merchandise and so on ,when we can buy the club .

Lando the board would be payed like any other employee of the club and appointed by the share holders . The system would be one share one vote. It will still be a busines after all . No one said it would be easy , imagine a debt free club with a new stadium owned by the fans ,and the revenue that would produce.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_lass » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:04 am

would sell my kidneys for a chance to help the club by any chance you lot know how much i can get? :;):

anyway this is a brave move, something which im proud cos only LFC can make the impossible possible. but some things need to be iron out though.
Red_lass
Red_lass

Postby heimdall » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:26 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:How is that racial abuse you wet fanny?

Well you'd be the last person to spot it wouldn't you Lando. Singling out a group of people for special criticism is of course racist. Anyway is it only Malaysians who are allowed to buy shares??

Why do you always attack people, what the hell is your problem, not enough love as a child, not enough good loving now, something is very wrong with you isn't it!

I think this is a great scheme, it works in Barcelona Lando, or are they another club worthy of your scorn.
I really hope this happens and I expect the reason you are so p1ssed off is that you don't have the £5000 required to invest    :laugh:
heimdall

Postby Sarge » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Sarge wrote:

Where are you from?

me old' lady's a malaysian

btw, no offense taken
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion