Mourinho criticizes rafa - On crouch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:51 pm

SLBENFICA the Glorious wrote:Jose Mourinho wants Benfica to win the UEFA Champions League after watching his Chelsea team slide out of the competition.

The Premiership champions were dumped out of Europe by Barcelona following a 1-1 draw in the Nou Camp on Tuesday night.

Now the Portuguese coach will cheer for Lisbon giants Benfica, who take a 1-0 first-leg lead to Liverpool on Wednesday night.

Mourinho said: "I would like Benfica to win the Champions League but I don't know if they will.

"I am a true Portuguese and, although I was in Barcelona for four years and have good memories, I am a Benfica fan.

"That is why I want them to win the Champions League."

mourinho the best manager in the world!!!

MOURINHO IS A BENFICA FAN!!!!!!!!!!

Dont flatter yourself lad, he's only saying that cause we knocked them out of the CL.
When he was at Porto did he ever say he was a Benfica fan? No I dont think so.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:58 pm

SLBENFICA the Glorious wrote:Jose Mourinho wants Benfica to win the UEFA Champions League after watching his Chelsea team slide out of the competition.

The Premiership champions were dumped out of Europe by Barcelona following a 1-1 draw in the Nou Camp on Tuesday night.

Now the Portuguese coach will cheer for Lisbon giants Benfica, who take a 1-0 first-leg lead to Liverpool on Wednesday night.

Mourinho said: "I would like Benfica to win the Champions League but I don't know if they will.

"I am a true Portuguese and, although I was in Barcelona for four years and have good memories, I am a Benfica fan.

"That is why I want them to win the Champions League."

mourinho the best manager in the world!!!

MOURINHO IS A BENFICA FAN!!!!!!!!!!

well lets hope he fecks off back to portugal then.

bitter, bad losing scum bag, it is just a shame we won't get the chance to beat cheski in the final to really rub his nose in it.

hope you enjoy watching us in paris maureen  :buttrock
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:59 pm

SLBENFICA the Glorious wrote:mourinho the best manager in the world!!!

btw, i am a total cock

agreed  :Oo:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:02 pm

john craig wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Mourinho is a tactical expert.

When he's got quality players coming off the bench aswell that makes it even more impressive.

However Rafa is better. He also doesn't have the same quality of player coming off the bench yet influences as many games and against better sides with lesser quality players.

Frank Lampard again shown last night what he is, completely overated. All he contributed in the match was a penalty, he doesn't have the ability to do anything else. He's part of the reason England have no chance of winning the world cup.

Tactically inept might be a bit strong but he's certainly not in the same league as Benitez or a lot of other coaches.  He's a good motivator, obviously good on the training pitch, but that's it as far as I'm concerned.

Tactically he is constantly found wanting, his one true crunch match in the prem this year was against Man U back when teams had a realistic chance of catching them.  What happened?  Fergie did him tactically.  Against us in the champions league last year he ran out of ideas, just as he did last night.

In the transfer market he has been poor.  He inherited his best players, Robben and Cech were lined up before he joined and his big money buys have either flopped, not lived up to their price tag or not been given enough of a chance - Drogba, Essien and SWP.  Carvalho and Ferreira are his 2 true transfer successes, with unlimited funds that's pathetic.

The way he handles the media is poor and in trying to take the pressure off his players in the barce tie, he actually turned the public against them even more and put more pressure on them - backfired big time.

Slap it up Mourinho, he got what he deserved last night and long may it continue.

And a final note on Lampard, calling him overrated is too kind, he's massively overrated imo and has been for a long time.  When he's in scoring form he's the key to their system working, but when he's not he's their weakness - a centre mid who can't tackle, track back, carry the ball, header a ball or drive a team forward is NOT International class.

Excellent post John, couldn't have put it better myself.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion