Mourinho criticizes rafa - On crouch

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GunGod » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:59 am

"Mourinho has reignited his feud with Liverpool by attacking the tactics of Rafael Benitiz. He believes the Liverpool manager made a huge mistake by leaving Peter Crouch on the bench when the Reds flopped 0-1 in the Champions League first league at Benfica."

Mourinho said," The surprise was Peter Crouch, a giant who would have given Benfica's big defenders problems, did not play. Neither did Djibril Cisse, the fastest of them all and, therefore, the most dangerous attacking from deep. Fernando Morientes and Robbie Fowler played. Good players, but more similar to the traditional opponents of Portugese teams. Benfica's defence always felt comfortable."

Someone should just tell Mourinho that it was a "bigger mistake" to have included Del Horno in the starting line-up "when the BLUES flopped 1-2 AT HOME in the Champions League first league at Stamford Bridge."

:D
GunGod

Postby The_Rock » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:46 am

But he is sort-of right....Cisse & Crouch would have caused more problems for the benfica defence than fowler & moro......
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the_red_alonso » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:59 am

I dont need an advice from Mourinho
the_red_alonso
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:42 am

why is he critisicing us when he should critisize his own team's performance! He should shut up and think about his team how he should turn the deficit against Barcelona in nou camp.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:50 am

moroniho has a fair point tho, Rafa got it so wrong I mean he might as well put Hyypia up front. :angry:
48-1119859832

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:53 am

0asis wrote:moroniho has a fair point tho, Rafa got it so wrong I mean he might as well put Hyypia up front. :angry:

thats not the case! mourinoh shouldn't talk about our team because its unprofessional, he should have replied to the journalists like this " i dont want to talk about other teams and i prefer to concentrate and talk about my team".
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:56 am

True but you've got to remember that it's Moroninho so he's going try 'n' play physcological warfare with his rivals 'n' the betta managers, who betta than Rafa? No one!

Don't worry it shan't bother Senior Benitez 'n' his Armada, I still think Hyypia should play up front tho.
48-1119859832

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:00 am

0asis wrote:True but you've got to remember that it's Moroninho so he's going try 'n' play physcological warfare with his rivals 'n' the betta managers, who betta than Rafa? No one!

Don't worry it shan't bother Senior Benitez 'n' his Armada, I still think Hyypia should play up front tho.

lol, hyppia can't play upfront! he has no pace! he has no striker ability! keep him in the defence  :D

everyone knows that mourinoh is an arrogant :censored:! he won't shutup but someone should shut him up!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:20 am

Hyypia has more pace in left peg than Morientes has in both legs, and Hyypia has a great strikers ability, did you not watch Juventus? Flamin Nora that was a cracking strike. However I spose you've got a point but he's better than what we have up top bar Fowler + Crouch.
48-1119859832

Postby stoney » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:12 am

And he calls Wenger the voyeur
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:34 am

Thats right, Rafa needs advice from Mourinho on how to do well in Europe :laugh:
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:34 am

Thats right, Rafa needs advice from Mourinho on how to do well in Europe :laugh:
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:53 am

stoney wrote:And he calls Wenger the voyeur

Exactly, it's ludicrous and so hypocritical.

Mourinho is that worried about Liverpool and quite literally fears Benitez. So if Rafa makes a mistake, Mourinho goes out of his way to try and tell Rafa what he should have done.  Chelsea aren't exactly in a good position against Barca, maybe Mourinho should spend more time worrying about how the hell he is going to beat them at the Nou Camp.

Pathetic if you ask me.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:24 pm

mourinho is fast becoming a joke figure who is never shy to antagonise other managers/players and officials in the game.
and frequently hits his target....this is all down to psychological games. and in this field he is a master.

the problem(for us) is when others rise to the bait. however you can sympathise with robson yesterday, when there is only so much patience a man can hold in him. confronted by the 'prancing, scowliing' drogba's antics right in front of the technical area, a saint would find difficulty in keeping any sort of composure under that kind of provocation....

i started off liking the guy, he seemed a breath of fresh air to a game that was becoming stale and predictable. and, when chelsea started to perform it was imo a good thing for the prem in general that once again 'characters' were starting to emerge....

now,.... i feel he is burning too many bridges, too easily.
and this is the alter-ego of the man. anyone who possesses a modicom of 'genius/eccentricity' in their bones is going to be unpredictable at best. at worst egolomaniac. and i believe he is haunted by the demons of anfield last may. the guy simply CANNOT get over the fact of HOW his team went out. never mind getting beaten fair and square... it was the manner of that result more than anything thats driven him to this level of mania. (personally i think he is an excellent gaffer)

i do not however relate anything he does/says to be in any way resemblant of brian clough. cloughie was an honest man at the end of the day and one that though himself well versed in the art of 'jiggery-pokery' would not and never resort to unfair sportsmanship, ie stalking off down the tunnel without acknowledgement of his opponents. criticising match officials to the point where either their livlihood or indeed their own mortality was in doubt. no i dont think clough was in that ilk.

but the ramping up of other teams and the pointing out of weaknesses in tactics/formations etc, is part of his game. he obviously is an obsessive where it comes to the 'small details'. we also have a manager that prefers to analysie every scenario.. and its variant. that doesnt make him a 'hate' figure and neither should it.

where he WILL ultimately shoot his own pheonix down, is in the more sinister claims and counter-claims. the play-acting the cheating referees. the blatant dis-respect of anybody opposite him. (3 minutes late out at the hawthorns at half-time) that is where jose mourinho is a disgrace...and a disrespectful one at that. for me, he doesnt need to go down that road, he is competent enough. and some will say its added a kind of 'spice' to our game....

i hope barcelona knock chelsea out on tuesday. end of story. why?. because im a liverpool fan and i happen to believe rafa benitez is the better (if you want it in those terms) of the two when it does come down to the ' interpretation' of those small details.
then again, he is better than rijkaard also,....

however for the good of the (largely) sportsmanship in the premiership, most will want their shot to topple the leaders, it makes the league competitive. it made liverpool (not quite) public enemy number one in the seventies/eighties.
but good value anyhow.

in some ways its perverse to want chelsea to fall, only then to come to the realisation that, we (if through?) could end up playing their conquerers!!

still, when your at the top, life is full of people trying to knock-you off your perch? eh sir alex!

so, get over mourinho. at least he is great comedy value.  :D

he has the look of a haunted man. perhaps mr clough made sure that he wasnt to be emulated in back to back european cups last may, from his own lofty seat at anfield.... destiny maybe.

but until he wins this uefa champions league holiest of grails... with chelsea, im afraid he'll stop at no line of decency along the way. fair? hmmm its a modern world now. greed is king.

this is why the halls of anfield are smeared with humility. not horse muck.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:25 pm

mourinho is gay and is jellous coz we won the champions league without  £40000000000000000000
spent on a team
Kopite-Jud

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion