Rafa benitez miracle worker - Benitez v mourinho

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:25 pm

I think without the injuries this season we could easily have been sitting  in the top two, Benitez has worked miracles at Liverpool in the face of adversity  but lady luck has hardly smiled upon us, in fact I don’t think she has even  glanced in our general direction such has been the horrendous catalogue  of injuries we have endured this season .

I have witnessed first hand the so-called top two and none could live with our invention and slick passing style when they visited Anfield ,in point of fact they were played of the park and if Mourinho
Really wants to go down in football folklore then he needs  to adapt a more fluent style of football ,Chelsea are without doubt the worst side ive seen at Anfield and that’s just not sour grapes  they were awful I still cant believe they actually won I guess we know were lady luck now resides .

Mourinho  uses the same tactics as  Houllier in his first season  the difference being Houllier was condemned for his strategies  where as Jose is being tongue  fu*ked  by the media bumboys .
Mourinho isn’t  stupid he knows  he possesses the very best defence in the premiership that’s why it was his main priority to add Ferreira to the solidity of Terry and Gallas but he will know Liverpool will threaten his superiority in the not to distant future  .

The Millennium Stadium and a Chelsea v Liverpool final is the one I am truly relishing providing we can  beat the mighty Watford (well they did out sing us ) .
Why is it we cant  sing  when we are playing badly  ? Why is that ? 
Watford should have been hit by  a  wall of noise and unceremoniously  taken apart afterall it was a Semi Final , Liverpool quite simply failed to raise their game because Anfield became Vicarage Rd  the atmosphere was like a reserve game   only the Kop sung  and its becoming  a frequent occurrence ,it seem unless its  a European night or a Top three team playing at Anfield  then  we fail to raise the volume .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:11 pm

I have to admit that I quite like Mourinho. He's a top top manager and great for the English game. In general, Mourinho and Rafa are both great managers but totally opposite in character and I've to say Rafa's character definitely appeals more to me. Of course if Mourinho was our manager, we'll all probably be singing his praises and defending his arrogance and instead say he's just confident, but Rafa was ALWAYS my first choice anyway.

I like to read about Mourinho's 'interesting' comments, whether it's about Fergie or just anything, cause I always find them hilarious. They are exactly the kind of things you won't hear Rafa talk about. I always believe that whoever talk more will end up getting egg on their faces based on past observations. Fergie and Wenger always talk rubbish and end up getting laugh at, and now it's Mourinho. I'm just waiting to see when Mourinho will finally get what he deserves.

Being confident is good, but being over-confident... it just puts people off I guess. Mourinho is a smart guy, but smart people usually know when to keep their mouth shut, and at times, Mourinho doesn't show that. Most of the time I guess he does know when to keep his mouth shut, but sometimes he just loses it. I remember before the season even started, there was this article where Kezman was saying he will score more than Henry, and look what happened.

In case anyone noticed, Wenger was rather humble about Arsenal's achievements last season, never really promising that they were going to be unbeaten the entire season and that was precisely what Arsenal end up getting. This season, Wenger started making more 'noise' and well, we all know what happened. Sooner or later, Mourinho will go down the same route as Fergie and Wenger... cranky and noisy old men like them usually just lose it in the end....
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:25 pm

Good manager St Mick maybe, but an innovator of exciting football thats seriously open to debate. I think Rafa seriously has the edge in that respect and I agree with you Benitez is by far the better manager and will prove so in the long run ,Chelsea play effective football but we will see the real Mourinho when he has to place the most emphasis on attack rather than defence but good post Michael .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:31 pm

Its a professional game and results are what counts. a lot of Paisleys teams were defensive, the back pass could kill many a game then, I mean 16 goals conceded in 42 games.

Morientes is a top manager - has proved himself at the highest level, I'd have been happy if he'd gone to LFC. I am equally happy that we got Rafa, they were ahead of all others for me.

Unfortunately LFC aren't at the level of Chelsea due to the Russians money. They have to be judged on different levels, Morientes needs to win trophies now, Rafa needs to qualify for CL and show improvement every year.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:33 pm

Morientes ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:35 pm

Big Niall wrote:Morientes is a top manager - has proved himself at the highest level, I'd have been happy if he'd gone to LFC. I am equally happy that we got Rafa, they were ahead of all others for me.

:D  :D

that's the funniest thing i've read in ages.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:39 pm

People say the funniest things  :D
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:42 pm

You mean Mourinho Big Niall :D
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red_Si » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:44 pm

Big Niall wrote:Morientes is a top manager - has proved himself at the highest level,

??
Red_Si

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:22 pm

i kind of respect Mourinho. Yeah he is arrogant and all that. But he backs it up.  Money alone does not buy you sucess. He has mouled chelsea into a great team. If chelsea win the league, credit to him.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:05 pm

I guess when I here Morientes a million times in a week I make typing errors.

Too many damn foreigners, why can't all these foreiners have names like O'shea, O' Leary, O'Meara etc (only kidding
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:04 pm

Whatever happened to the Kevin Beattie thread ? now that was a classic    :D
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:12 pm

So Morientes, takes over from Rafa when his playing days are over !! :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion