Opinion - Give it up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kenco » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:49 pm

TO [DR Liverpool] not once have i ever said that you are not allowed an opinion or to voice it. No matter where you live, these days, with the media coverage of L. F. C. or any other premiership clubs, with the camera angles and the close up's you would be able to make a more informed decision than I could from my position in the stands. And you where also correct he did play finnon. But in order to understand the depth of despair around Anfield these days you have to go the games.Now, I would like you and every one else,while L.F.C. mean everthing to you would you give up fourth place to get to get rid of G.H.? Could'nt answer earlier to drunk from yesterday. ???
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:33 pm

That's the $64,000 question and a bummer to answer. I'd have to say let's get 4th and then worry about GH cos he way Moores is talking we're stuck with GH whether we finish 4th or not.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:24 am

to not want to finish 4th is wanting Liverpool to lose games, I just couldn't do that. For example if we were playing Arsenal on the last day of the season and beating them would mean the Mancs would win the league I would still want LFC to win, how could I support another team in any match agaibst Liverpool.
So I agree with Woolyback finish 4th ( because of the financial incentive and other things like signing players and MO) and deal with Gh in the summer, although sadly the board may well stick with GH if we finish 4th.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:29 am

I do remember a few seasons back playing Blackburn managed by Kenny and losing to them would have meant Man U wouldn't win the league, As it happened we beat Blackburn and the Mancs drew with West ham so it didn't matter but it highlighted the dileman many are discussing at the moment regarding GH and 4th spot.

I find it hard to understand how some fans would sacrifice 4th spot and the CL if it meant GH would go, has it got THAT personal for you ? ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:29 am

And the board may STICK WITH GH EVEN if we finish 5th !!!!!!!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:39 am

exactly Dalglish, taking a huge step back to take a step forward (but as you said GH may stay even if we finsih 5th)
is very risky.

If we are going to sign the calibre of players we need in the off season then we need the finances from being in the CL and also the attractiveness of LFC is higher if we're playing Champions league football (Mexes said that he'd only come if we finish 4th), So to improve the squad we need Champions league football.

Perhaps most importantly I believe if we finish 4th then MO will re-sign, and we need him.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:33 am

Thanks for the comments LFC :) Many fans are missing the point, players who we are interested in will come to LFC on the basis of CL footbal NOT whether GH is the manager or not !!!!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:41 am

Dalglish, it would be foolish to say a player will sign for LFC coz we are in CL if they can see that we will struggle just to get past qualifiers. Players wants to play for a successful team (mercenaries excluded and not need to apply) and with quality players around him. They feed off each other. If we carry on with our current team and playing style, we will not move far, I am sad to say.
GH out might persuade some to sign. Of course with money thrown in, it would help. :p
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:12 am

To not be in the CL would be too damaging for LFC, both financially and in terms of attractiveness to top players. OK, LFC are still a big attraction CL or no CL, but not being in it would nevertheless dent that attractiveness and as for the finance side that's black & white - a major loss.

That's the logical, factual side of it. From an emotional side, also I wouldn't sacrifice 4th to get rid of GH. I just can't wrap my brain around that idea, no matter how inept I feel Houllier is.

Either way GH will still be here next season unless we completely fold and finish 7th or 8th.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:19 am

We should only want players that want to play for us, regardless of whther we get CL football ext season. Cisse for one said that hed join us either way. I personalyl dont want mexes if the only reason he'll join is if we get to the CL. Lets go for players that wanna play for us, thats what i say :blues:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:34 am

Didn't Cisse also say he'd reconsider if GH wasn't manager, if so, f##k him.

Its the club & the fans your loyalty is to, everyone else in the game is doing a job and will move on if something better comes along.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:35 am

It is naive to expect players to come to Liverpool based on a love and loyalty for the club. Loyalty is something acquired with time and we can't write it into players contracts. The best players want to be measured by playing in the CL and it is this and not the playing style or coach that will determine most top rated players decisions on which club they choose to join.

This is why 4th IS so important and far above whether GH stays or goes. And in reply to Santa you are presuming we wil not compete at CL level under the current style of play ? In oprevious seasons in the CL our style suits the CL and its infinitly better to be in it and havinga  chance than not !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:32 pm

kenco wrote:TO [DR Liverpool] not once have i ever said that you are not allowed an opinion or to voice it. No matter where you live, these days, with the media coverage of L. F. C. or any other premiership clubs, with the camera angles and the close up's you would be able to make a more informed decision than I could from my position in the stands. And you where also correct he did play finnon. But in order to understand the depth of despair around Anfield these days you have to go the games.Now, I would like you and every one else,while L.F.C. mean everthing to you would you give up fourth place to get to get rid of G.H.? Could'nt answer earlier to drunk from yesterday. ???

never mind the opinion thing I was just a bit p#ssed off and didnt expect so many posts or votes.  :)

Fourth or Departure of G.H ?

4th no doubt.

we will become an average team if we fail to qualify for CL for
a second season in a row,no good players would want to transfer to us and no good manager will want to come hrere.

HOULLIER IS LEAVING WHETHER WE FINISH FOURTH OR NOT.

trust me I know
I'm really Parry online
:;):

:D

:)
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion