Biscan, would you give him a new contract? - Got to give him credit for european gms

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby banana » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:01 pm

There will be a lot of transfer activity in the summer. Probably 6-10 players will leave, and 3-4 will come. I think Benitez will keep either Biscan or Hamann. It depends on Hamann's wishes I guess. If he would like to finish his career in Germany, he will leave and we will keep Biscan. If Hamann stays, Biscan will be only 4th choice and will leave.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:55 pm

Biscan will be a good squad player. If we are gonna replace biscan, we have to spend about 3 to 4 million to get someone of the same calibre.....The money could be spend improving the defence and the wings.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:03 pm

The short answer has to be yes IMHO. As stated by others, to buy a midfielder who can step in and do a job will cost. Welsh, Potter and the like look like they probably aren't up to it at this stage so a relatively modest contract for Igor would probably be a good move.
Without getting all misty-eyed about it, there's probably also some grounds for it on the basis that despite Rafa telling him that he wasn't going to be part of his future plans, he's still kept putting in the effort where required.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:08 pm

bigmick wrote:.......... despite Rafa telling him that he wasn't going to be part of his future plans, he's still kept putting in the effort where required.

Thats the thing i admire most about him..... Don't wanna really turn this into a gerrard bashing..... But if the tables were turned........

I would give him a 3 yr contract. Biscan can only get better.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:57 pm

The thing is though, what people are not agreeing with here. Theres been times this season where he's shown absoloute class.

Not a bit of good play, but fantastic play. Its happened in a number of matches. Deportivo and Leverkusen to say the least.

Ok there has been times where he's played and hasn't done much, but he's played well this season and looks like he is starting to fulfill his potential.

I think it would be stupid to let him go.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:55 pm

I can't answer this because I don't want to sound biased but business wise I wouldn't want to lose a good squad player in the summer for free. We've lost enough money as it is and we need to start making good business moves.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:08 pm

That aswell.

The part he played in the goal at depor and against leverkusen for Garcia's (goals, mainly the first one though) were fantastic.

Something the likes of Zidane would have been proud of.
115-1073096938

Postby bigmick » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:12 pm

No argument there from me Stu. The jinky run and the slide-rule through ball were right out of the top drawer.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:23 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Something the likes of Zidane would have been proud of.

Maybe he'll turn out to be the next Zidane after all!!!  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:03 pm

I'm not sayin that, hopeful though :D

but in all truth, what i'm saying is correct.

He's a good player, he'll get better with experience of playing in his natural position. He's worth a two year contract imo.

What do we have to lose? If he doesn't improve he's a good player to fill in when we have injuries and suspensions.
115-1073096938

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:08 am

If we let him go then we are rather silly.  He's done a good job when required (and as mentioned has done fantastically well on occasion) and with the present size of our squad if we sold him we'd need to bring in someone to replace him.  Which costs money, so letting him go for free is stupid from that point of view.  Also look at the injuries this season, whose to say it wont be similiar next year? (im not saying it will but who knows what could happen?) I say give him a 2-3 year contract but if possible trying and cut his wages slightly as ive read somewhere they are around the £25,000-a-week mark
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:27 pm

Yeah i agree it is worth keeping him for another season at

least. He has been there when we have needed him,Biscan

is a good squad player if nothing else.:)
66-1112520797

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:22 pm

i`d keep him, hopefully our centre mid pairing will be alonso and gerrard for years to come but you always need someone on the bench. being fair to biscan he hasn`t complained or carried on like kewell even when he was going through a terrible time (houllier playing him on the wing couldn`t have helped his confidence) and his performances have improved dramatically. it takes a lot of guts when everyones on your back to turn things around and igor has done that.
at the moment as others have pointed out it makes sound financial sense too because we havent got the money to buy a replacement squad player and the young lads just dont look ready to me.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Indian » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:48 pm

I'd get rid of him, the good games he's had have almost all been in Europe.  I don't think he's impressed at all in the Premiership, not even as a squad player.  It obvious we have to improve in the Prem next year and Gerrard & Alonso are not going to play in every game.  Biscan hasn't got the composure or touch to play in the Premiership which is a lot quicker than Europe.
Red Indian

Postby 65-1114725958 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:06 pm

But you have to wonder why he sold murphy, with about 2 years left on his contract  last summer, loaned out diao, but kept Biscan?

Must be doing something to impress rafa

Its a puzzler
65-1114725958

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion