Biscan, would you give him a new contract? - Got to give him credit for european gms

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnnyAldridge fan » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:34 pm

Murphy went on his own free will after Rafa told him his opportunites would be limited(Biscan was prob told the same),hindsight is a great ****** thing!....I  would give Igor a 12 month contract+ the option of  another after that for both parties,esp if Didi leaves in the summer.
JohnnyAldridge fan

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon May 02, 2005 1:58 am

Well, bearing in mind that winning the Champions League will net a club something around £40m (including prize money from all the matches along the way combined with TV revenue), I'd say that holding on to players that have proven themselves in that competition would be a very f*cking good idea. Getting to the semis alone will have netted us around £30m.

For the record, you get approx £4.5m in prize money for winning the competition outright, compared to £2.7m for runner up and £1.8m for defeated semi-finalists. Like in the Prem, the real money is to be made from the pooled TV money, and along the way we've racked up a lot of that :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby A.B. » Mon May 02, 2005 2:27 am

Well, bearing in mind that winning the Champions League will net a club something around £40m

Yea thats correct, Chelsea got the same amount last year for making it to the semi-finals.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Mon May 02, 2005 6:05 am

i would considering the effort he put up in the matches he played n he has  improved a lot better playing in his natural position.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite » Mon May 02, 2005 3:17 pm

He's played well but he's not world class and thats what
we need at liverpool simply not good enough for liverpool .sorry
kopite

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon May 02, 2005 7:00 pm

get rid.. the lad is a liability.  Pi$$ poor ball control, terrible passer of the ball and struggles to make a tackle without giving a free kick away.....  see ya  Eeor!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby parchpea » Mon May 02, 2005 8:39 pm

Im not sure how long Biscans been with us, maybe 5 years, and in that time I could count on both hands, if not one hand, good performances. In truth, we like to shout his name and the lads an excellent pro, cant fault him there, but we havent had value for money. Despite some good matches in Europe this year, I dont think hes done anywhere near enough over the period of his contract to earn another. I would let him go.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon May 02, 2005 9:29 pm

but we havent had value for money.

And we'll be losing money if we let him go for free.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 02, 2005 10:52 pm

Whether he stays or goes will depend largely on the futures of Gerrard and Hamman and the managers' plans for the summer transfer scramble. Rafa has shown he likes to play with three centre-mids with Gerrard playing the furthest forward. I'm pretty sure he will go out and buy another midfielder this summer. We have been linked with Baraja (one of his most trusted players at Valencia) and i would put money on the lad playing at Anfield next summer regradless of Gerrards' decision.

As well as he's played at times this season, a big signing in the summer would leave Igor out in the cold.

Most of you are right when you say it's foolish to lose Igor when you have to spend a few million to get a like for like replacement. We've made some money this year. I'd rather we went out and bought some REAL quality and not another Igor.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon May 02, 2005 11:01 pm

stu_the_red wrote:He's as good a footballer as Baros only without the attitude.

Give me a break, you've always been on Baros's case since pre season but this is obviously not right.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue May 03, 2005 1:31 am

Whether he stays or goes will depend largely on the futures of Gerrard and Hamman and the managers' plans for the summer transfer scramble. Rafa has shown he likes to play with three centre-mids with Gerrard playing the furthest forward. I'm pretty sure he will go out and buy another midfielder this summer. We have been linked with Baraja (one of his most trusted players at Valencia) and i would put money on the lad playing at Anfield next summer regradless of Gerrards' decision.

As well as he's played at times this season, a big signing in the summer would leave Igor out in the cold.

Most of you are right when you say it's foolish to lose Igor when you have to spend a few million to get a like for like replacement. We've made some money this year. I'd rather we went out and bought some REAL quality and not another Igor.

I agree about Baraja joining us but I think even if we bought Baraja and Biscan were to be offered a new contract, Biscan would stay. We've had a lot of injuries and I think Rafa will prepare well for next season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion