Biscan, would you give him a new contract? - Got to give him credit for european gms

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 65-1114725958 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:33 am

Dont know about you guys, but I have to give Igor Biscan Credit for his role in a lot of European performances this season.

Ok, we all know he isnt the next Zidane, and talk of Benitez telling him that he may not be here next year may be true, but I think has performed competantly enough, in making takles versus the likes of  Leverkusen, Juventus, Chelsea, has given him some credit.

Maybe  he'll sneak a goal v chelsea?
65-1114725958

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:49 am

He's been a credit to the club this season.

Never complained, just got on with it and the fans CLEARLY appriciate it, especially the kind of form he's shown this season in the champions league.

I'd give him a 2 year if it was my decision. Made up for him.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:56 am

There is no room for sentiment at this level and IMO I'd thank him for his contribution to LFC and wish him well in the future whilst wondering what more he could have contributed in the seasons BEFORE this one had he overcame his lack of confidence :oops:

A few decent games in Europe doesn't make Biscan indispensable and in no way compensates for dozens of ineffective performances
???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:07 am

Thats true Dalglish but alot of Biscans problem has been a total lack of confidence  and he really seems to be  gaining confidence  in droves  as each game is played.......... IMO id give him a new contract , thinking about it  , id give him Kewells if it were possible and tell the Aussie sack of s.hit to feck off
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:08 am

Dalglish wrote:There is no room for sentiment at this level and IMO I'd thank him for his contribution to LFC and wish him well in the future whilst wondering what more he could have contributed in the seasons BEFORE this one had he overcame his lack of confidence :oops:

A few decent games in Europe doesn't make Biscan indispensable and in no way compensates for dozens of ineffective performances
???

you now daglish this is kinda surprising that stu gives the compassion and you say its been fun, but you gotta go.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:22 am

I think we should give the lot to someone else. Biscan does not fit the fighting spirit of the new Liverpool. He's not fast and strong enough.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:54 am

Alanay wrote:I think we should give the lot to someone else. Biscan does not fit the fighting spirit of the new Liverpool. He's not fast and strong enough.

what fighting spirit? is this the fighting spirit that rolled over at southampton, burnley, palace etc etc
112-1077774096

Postby JC_81 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:58 am

It all depends who rafa has in mind for bringing in in the summer.  There is still a chance of losing hamann and gerrard (although IMO they'll stay), so its maybe wise to offer igor a 1-year deal or something.

If Biscan goes on a free, we'll be hard pushed to replace him without spending a couple of million.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:05 am

give him a year extension... hes starting to look like amore complete player, on wed he sat well back and did his job, lets just see how tuesday goes but i wouldnt want him to go ona  free
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:24 pm

stu_the_red wrote:He's been a credit to the club this season.

Never complained, just got on with it and the fans CLEARLY appriciate it, especially the kind of form he's shown this season in the champions league.

I'd give him a 2 year if it was my decision. Made up for him.

lol someone plz tell me hes having a laugh

2 years? for a player like biscan? you must be off your rocker

ok hes given a few good performances but no way, if we want to be challenging for leagues and such we need to have more quality cover than him

let him go, wages will be better spent elsewhere
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:25 pm

btw at the most a one year extension but no more than that
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:36 pm

He looks to me like a £2m maybe £3m pound player. He's not on rediculous wages, he's improving all the time and shown touches of class this season.

He's shown he has excellent ability, whats the point in losing him on a free to have to spend £3m or more on a replacement. The lads a good player, he's not bad at all for a fourth choice central midfielder, whats more is, he's never kicked up a fuss about being that. He's as good a footballer as Baros only without the attitude.
115-1073096938

Postby Woollyback » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:40 pm

john craig wrote:It all depends who rafa has in mind for bringing in in the summer.  There is still a chance of losing hamann and gerrard (although IMO they'll stay), so its maybe wise to offer igor a 1-year deal or something.

If Biscan goes on a free, we'll be hard pushed to replace him without spending a couple of million.

spot on, it depends entirely what happens with other players leaving/new signings

he's ok, but has had too many disastrously bad games to warrant an automatic new contract

can't fault his attitude, though
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:45 pm

When Biscan has played in central midfield he has done well most of the time. I thought he was our 2nd best player behind Carragher on Wednesday. He is a very competent passer, strong, committed, hard working, can dribble and a good header of the ball.

I wouldn't mind at all if he was offered a 1 year extension as a backup player, I’m sure he would still start 20-40 games for us. Even if he didn’t, he wouldn’t kick up a fuss.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:49 pm

he is deffo improving as player but im still unsure about him, if you asked my 6 months ago i would have said get rid, without thinking twice, but he is starting to become more consistent, so maybe a one year extension wouldnt to bad bad an option. Saying that i wouldnt be to fussed if he left either.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion