Look like we are in the cl - Bbc: johansson boosts liverpool hopes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:59 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:What I don't understand is ppl sayin England will have 5 clubs in the competition.... after Neverton play their qualifier there'd only be 4 left so where's the problem? Unless they get drawn against some Maltese runners up or somethin daft! And come on, even their run of luck can't last that long surely...... ???

Once Neverton loses out of the qualifier, there would not be a place for us since the winner of that qualifier would take the group phase spot anwyay. So what exactly are you on about?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:01 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
KennyisGod....still wrote:What I don't understand is ppl sayin England will have 5 clubs in the competition.... after Neverton play their qualifier there'd only be 4 left so where's the problem? Unless they get drawn against some Maltese runners up or somethin daft! And come on, even their run of luck can't last that long surely...... ???

Once Neverton loses out of the qualifier, there would not be a place for us since the winner of that qualifier would take the group phase spot anwyay. So what exactly are you on about?

Your not the brightest are you?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:10 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:

Your not the brightest are you?

Pardon me? Do you guys mean a qualifier between Liverpool-Everton or do you mean the qualifying rounds of the CL? Becuase youve probably got it mistakened, i meant the qualifying rounds.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:17 pm

LMAO, what I meant was they aint gonna win nothin, thats taken for granted, so why count the blue sh!te in the first place? That way we dont have 5 teams, we have 4 includin us! Now, am I makin sense Militia? No offence meant, no intention to patronize, jus i dont see them gettin past the qualifiers thats all.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:20 pm

KennyisGod....still was trying to make a joke, UEFA currently have a rule which states that no more than 4 clubs from any country can be entered into the Champions League, what KennyisGod....still was trying to say was that there will not be 4 clubs in the Champions League even if Liverpool are entered because Everton are so rubbish they will not get past the qualifying stage. It was just a joke, I guess it was lost on some people.

I suggest you read posts fully before you reply.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:23 pm

Hmm...
Seriously I just don't see how UEFA can be blamed entirely for this fiasco. What I see is an attempt by the English FA to play mind games and lacking a political will to make hard decisions.

Firstly, it is not like there is no precedence for the English FA to follow. But they choose the "easy" way out, mainly because they are pretty sure Liverpool will not win it. So they gambled and they lost.

Secondly, the rule has already stated that no country will ever get a 5th slot. Why is the English FA keep insisting Liverpool to get a fifth slot? I understand that it will mean more PL teams if succesful but why risk Liverpool by playing mind games?

Each country's FA is expected to do the right thing, but English FA decided to do it's own thing to get a fifth slot by playing mind games. What they are doing is effectively trying to project a good image for themselves and putting the blame on UEFA. Each FA is independent and is expected to do the right thing for the developement and success of Football. If each country's FA cannot be depended on making the right decisions might as well remove them. Because then this problem will never have happened.

The way I look at it is this, there will not be a fifth slot. If I am in the committee (UEFA) I will not give in to mind games or soft threats. But instead will make it a rule that Champions League winner must be available to defend the tittle. But no "fifth" slot. If the Winner is not able to defend the tittle, all slots from the defending title league will be forfeited. This mean Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU and Everton will not be able to participate as well. EUFA will force the hands of English FA to make the right decision. English FA must learn not to bite the hands that feeds it. Such a move will effectively render any rule changes unnecessary. This should be the way...
Thinkpad

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion