Look like we are in the cl - Bbc: johansson boosts liverpool hopes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby banana » Sun May 29, 2005 6:03 pm

zarababe wrote:
banana wrote:I think the english FA is to blame. This did not have to be a problem at all. Why did they change the rules of the game? It's insane. It is common sense that 4th spot should surrender their place if an english team outside top 4 won the prize. But FA has taken the easy way out, and pushed the "problem" over to uefa.

Liverpool has massive support all over, but I think if I was in uefa I would think that the english FA should take responsibility and do the right thing.

Maximum humiliation for english FA if LFC don't get an place and Everton gets knocked immediately.

Agreed the FA have been unstinting in the there push to reward failure.. and not allow the "winners" to be entered ahead of the fourth placed team.. last year if Chelski or Ar.se had finished outide the top 4 and won it .. we wud have forfeited our position..

the same rule should have applied..

The FA are a bunch of muppets..

UEFA will enter us .. by all accounts.. but the FA's own stance has been diabolical too.. it's typical that the menatality is to not support the winners.. an association used too failure .. can't see winners  :(

FA simply changed the rules. I think that was a big mistake.

And sending the problem to uefa -> cowards

Uefa has been pretty clear. No country will be allowed more than 4 teams in the competition.

The competition will be less interesting and fair if it is only German, English, Italian and Spanish teams in the competition. And the english FA is responsible for changing the rules and making this mess.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Galactico » Sun May 29, 2005 6:03 pm

In all honesty were getting support from all four corners, but our own back yard!! The FA are a disgrace i fully understand UEFA problem although this rule should have been looked upon before. The FA quite clearly stated last year that the 4th place team would enter into the UEFA cup, should Arsenal or Chelski win big ears-AS IF? ?????? But where were concerned a simple "NO" was thier answer!!!!
Galactico

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 29, 2005 6:22 pm

For me the bottom line is , the top 2,3 or 4 (depending on what country you're from ) should go thru but the champions irrespective of where they finished or where they're from should always be be given the right to defend their title .

Common sense and sporting justice .   

Whats the problem ?

:veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Sun May 29, 2005 6:40 pm

.. for me the behaviour of the FA has been disgraceful.. how can they endorse one rule last year and another this year.. the rationale ??? none

.. UEFA should have dealt with this problemo when Real won it and finished outside the top 4.. that was the time to set a rule for the future.. I'm confident we'll get in.. but these so-called ruling bodies can be a  real bunch of ars.e ole's

... Harry Harrison has been pushing this at the Express who have a campaign going.. will post the link when I find it.. he came out and said that some big guns were gonna bak Liverpool's inclusion on Thursday.. and that has clearly materialised.. :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 29, 2005 8:26 pm

this comes as no major surprise to me. i said all along that we would be in the competition next season and it seems inevitable now.

uefa seem to have finally realised that not having the "champions" in the champions league just makes a mockery out of their cometition.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby PrestonLaaa » Sun May 29, 2005 8:52 pm

Isn't the problem being that some of the top men at the FA have stong links with Liverpool and/or are on the Liverpool Board (Enlighten me, you lot know more about your board than me!) and are scared that making a decision in Liverpool's favour and against Everton would cause a rather petty arguement of bias on the part of the FA and those influential Liverpool based FA members?

To me it seems as if it had been anyone but Everton who'd finished forth, you'd of already been given the green light to rightfully defend your crown.

Just another thing, when European Cup started the winners didn't automatically get the chance to defend their title, it was only when Real Madrid failed to win their League that Franco lobbied for a rule change and UEFA (rightfully in my opinion, can't believe I'm agreeing with a fasist dictator!!!!) changed the rules!

That rule should still stand but the current b*llocks with teams finishing second, third and forth entering the "Champions" League is another thing.

Talking of which, f*ck the Champions League next season, besides the money, you don't need it,

ALL OUT AND WIN THE FOOKIN LEAGUE LA'S!!!!! :buttrock

:cool:  :p
PrestonLaaa

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 30, 2005 8:43 am

im in a funny mood today. i think its funny su saying we have to be in the champions league as we won it, which is right.
but.
finishing 4th shouldnt put u in it anyways, which is why it should be called the european cup. i know its only a word but the world club should be champions league if u get me.
i dunno, its early monday morning so it doesnt matter. just glad we are 95% sure to be in ti again next ter, so we can defend our crown
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon May 30, 2005 10:35 am

UEFA GIVE TOP PRIORITY TO LIVERPOOL ISSUE
The Telegraph 30 May 2005 

The clamour to allow Liverpool to defend the Champions League title has forced UEFA's top officials to plan urgent discussions before they hold a committee meeting in Manchester on June 17. 

Lars-Christer Olsson, the UEFA chief executive, said last night: "We will arrange a telephone conference because the urgency of the situation is too important to wait until we could get the full committee together."

Everton losing their place in next season's Champions League in order to accommodate Liverpool remains a possibility. UEFA president Lennart Johansson said: "We must sit down as a matter of real urgency to see if there is a way to make it happen. If there is a rule that harms the tournament, we have to discuss changing the rule."

There seem only two possible outcomes. One: that by inviting Liverpool they are not seen as a fifth English representative. Two: that UEFA, who have the right to refuse any club entry, "overrule" the Football Association and stipulate that Liverpool must be one of their quartet, with Everton dropping to the UEFA Cup.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 30, 2005 10:37 am

Everton cant be kicked out as they have already started spending the money they would make even from the qualifiers. the only option is just to bung us straight into 1/4 finals :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon May 30, 2005 10:37 am

The Telegraph also reports:

Intriguingly, UEFA's official access list for next season's Champions League includes the title-holders.

The 16 teams automatically qualified for the first group stage are:

the title holders;
Spain 2 (Real Madrid, Barcelona);
England 2 (Chelsea, Arsenal);
Italy 2 (AC Milan, Juventus);
Germany 2 (Bayern Munich, Schalke 04);
France 2 (Lyons, Lille);
Portugal 2 (Porto, Benfica)
Greece 1 (Olympiakos);
Holland 1 (PSV Eindhoven);
Czech Republic 1 (Sparta Prague).

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 30, 2005 11:20 am

what i think should happen is cheatski should be kicked out of the CL because of there tapping up of players.
thaty would show them that money cant buy u everything... anyone else like to see this? :D
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Mon May 30, 2005 11:35 am

Dawson, I'd love to see the look on Mourinho face and all cheatski players.
It'd be too sweat :)

Money don't make football - heart and passion does !!
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon May 30, 2005 11:47 am

dawson99 wrote:Everton cant be kicked out as they have already started spending the money they would make even from the qualifiers. the only option is just to bung us straight into 1/4 finals :D

So Uefa can't deny Everton because thay are buying players? That's a silly argument lad, and you know it.

If the english FA is afraid of making decisions, then Uefa should step up and do the right thing (deny Everton entry). That is the best solution.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 30, 2005 11:51 am

u cant deny everton entry after saying they can be in it. simple as. cant change rules after the event, can only bend them, and thats getting us in another way
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon May 30, 2005 12:16 pm

Inviting Liverpool if they are not seen as a fifth English representative is the only real way, i cant see uefa or the FA doing that............

But imagine the faces of those Everton supporters:D :D !!!!!!!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion