Kop's morientes bid boosts owen exclusive

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:31 am

LFC #1 wrote:just read this on lfc.tv

Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes has revealed his desire to sign for Liverpool when the transfer window reopens in January. 
The 28-year old Spaniard has been linked with a move to Anfield since the summer and his latest comments will no doubt heighten the speculation.

"Liverpool could be a great option for January," says Morientes. "I have always liked the Premier League and I know Rafa Benitez was interested in me when he was at Valencia.

"My situation at Real Madrid is not pleasant. The return to form of Owen can be excellent for Real, but it is also a new problem for me.

"If things continue like this I will have to think about leaving. I am tired of sitting on the bench.

"Liverpool is a club where any player would be happy to play. It is a club with a history of having great supporters, a good coach and now Spanish players."

It's no secret that Rafael Benitez was keen to sign Morientes as part of the deal that took Michael Owen to the Bernebau in August.

But the Reds boss has refused to be drawn on the subject other than saying: "When a player of the quality of Morientes talks about your club, then that has to be good.

"I really can't say any more than the fact that Fernando is a very good player... but I guess I know what the headlines will be!"

let's hope we sign him in January, what a addition he would be.

I think this could be a plan to get the real madrid fans to put pressure on the manager to play him.  Cause he knows the real fans love him.

I hope am wrong, we will have to wait and see.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Adebisi » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:55 am

the 2nd phase could potentially only be two games as its not a 2nd group phase, straight into knockout stages, so perhaps him being cup tied shouldnt be a major stumbling block in his transfer.
Adebisi

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:35 am

murphy0151 wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:just read this on lfc.tv

Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes has revealed his desire to sign for Liverpool when the transfer window reopens in January. 
The 28-year old Spaniard has been linked with a move to Anfield since the summer and his latest comments will no doubt heighten the speculation.

"Liverpool could be a great option for January," says Morientes. "I have always liked the Premier League and I know Rafa Benitez was interested in me when he was at Valencia.

"My situation at Real Madrid is not pleasant. The return to form of Owen can be excellent for Real, but it is also a new problem for me.

"If things continue like this I will have to think about leaving. I am tired of sitting on the bench.

"Liverpool is a club where any player would be happy to play. It is a club with a history of having great supporters, a good coach and now Spanish players."

It's no secret that Rafael Benitez was keen to sign Morientes as part of the deal that took Michael Owen to the Bernebau in August.

But the Reds boss has refused to be drawn on the subject other than saying: "When a player of the quality of Morientes talks about your club, then that has to be good.

"I really can't say any more than the fact that Fernando is a very good player... but I guess I know what the headlines will be!"

let's hope we sign him in January, what a addition he would be.

I think this could be a plan to get the real madrid fans to put pressure on the manager to play him.  Cause he knows the real fans love him.

I hope am wrong, we will have to wait and see.

could be murphy, but a player of his qulaity should be starting week in week out and Real can't guarantee him that.
He says the premier-league is an atteactive option and with a spaniard as manager and another of spanish players in the side, we could be the ost attractive proposition for him.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:45 am

Would be a brilliant signing. Not sure we have the funds though, especially in January when we may have more pressing concerns in terms of strengthening the defence.  ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:47 am

maybe a loan deal isn't out of the question??
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion