Liverpool vs chelsea - Champions league semis

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:33 pm

Too early to create this ? Well i am focking excited by this match. Time to get revenge on chelsea. What better way, than beating chelsea in the semi-finals....

Beat Chelsea and :

1)We are in the final. Just one more match to make my signature come true  :p
2)Momentum will shift back to us after beating chelsea (remember once we beat the scums, we went on a 5 match winning run again them).

Ww should be able to pick on these players when we meet chelsea in a few weeks time.

1)Dudek
2)Finnan
3)Carra
4)Hyppia
5)Riise
6)Hamann
7)Warnock
8)Nunez
9)Gerrard
10)Welsh
11)Smicer
12)Baros
13)Cisse
14)ALT
15)Alonso
16)Biscan
17)Kewell ?

We should have an almost full-strength squad (apart from morientas, pelle & sinama). Rafa did extremely well with an injury ravaged squad....imagine what he will do with a "not so" full squad...

If everything goes smoothly, rafa will have a headache he would love to have..... Who to leave out ?

A Hamann & Biscan combo can destroy the best midfields in the world. An with Alonso pulling the strings with gerrard & Garcia supporting the striker....... we can deffo beat chelsea (if we play to our potential and ref is not under the payroll of russian mafia).

Dudek
       Finnan   Carra   Hyppia  Riise
                  Hamann   Biscan
                         Alonso
                  Gerrard     Garcia
                       Baros/Cisse

Anyway rafa speaks on chelsea encounter.

http://us.rediff.com/sports/2005/apr/14liver.htm

Bring on Chelsea, say Liverpool

Robert Woodward | April 14, 2005 17:59 IST

After beating Juventus in a style reminiscent of the great Liverpool sides of 20 years ago, Rafael Benitez's side are looking forward to taking revenge against Chelsea in an all-English Champions League semi-final.
Liverpool earned a 0-0 draw at the Stadio Delle Alpi on Wednesday with an outstanding defensive display to go through 2-1 on aggregate and guarantee an English side will reach the final, in Istanbul, for the first time since 1999.

Six years ago Manchester United won the cup after a superb 3-2 win at Juventus in the semi-final, and Benitez says his side believe they can become the first Liverpool side to reach the final since the ill-fated 1985 game at the Heysel stadium.

"We are getting a lot of confidence from these Champions League games," Benitez said.

"It will be difficult and for me Chelsea will be favourites. They are top of the table in the Premiership and we have nothing to lose."

The two legs of the semi-final take place on April 27 and May 3.

Chelsea, who beat Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals on Tuesday, have defeated Liverpool three times this season, twice in the Premier League and in the League Cup final when the London side came from behind to win 3-2 in extra time.

"Maybe it's our turn to win now," said Benitez.

The Spaniard won the tactical battle on Wednesday despite missing his captain and midfield engine Steven Gerrard. The home side's attack was left to chase lost causes and Czech playmaker Pavel Nedved rarely featured for Juventus, whose best chance came when Fabio Cannavaro hit the post in the 78th minute.

SEASON PEAKING

"We changed our tactics because they were strong down the middle and I think we nullified them well," said defender Jamie Carragher.

"A lot of the credit for this result has to go to the manager because he chose the formation, he chose the tactics and it all worked really well."

While Chelsea are a step above any other side in the Premier League, Liverpool's season appears to be peaking at the right time. Midfielder Xabi Alonso returned in style against Juventus after breaking his ankle - against Chelsea - on January 1.

Djibril Cisse also came on for his first appearance up front since braking his leg in October. With Gerrard back, Liverpool have a range of attacking options which could worry Chelsea.

"All three games against Chelsea have been very tight," said Carragher. "They deserved to win at Stamford Bridge but the other two could have gone either way.

"There's a place in the European Cup final at stake and we will work as hard as we can to get there."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:35 pm

i see that lawrenson has already come out saying "i can't see how liverpool can beat chelsea over the two legs".

i can, by scoring more goals you f#cking pr#ck. :D  :laugh:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:39 pm

Well we just beat juventus who is a better team than chelsea in my book. My take, is that chelsea has peaked too early and now, they can only go down (laws of average).

Anyway another link .....

http://www.eurosport.com/home....1.shtml

Benitez: Bring on Chelsea

After beating Juventus in a style reminiscent of the great Liverpool sides of 20 years ago, Rafael Benitez's side are looking forward to taking revenge against Chelsea in an all-English Champions League semi-final.

Benitez: 'I'm very proud'
Smicer sizes up Chelsea

Liverpool earned a 0-0 draw at the Stadio Delle Alpi on Wednesday with an outstanding defensive display to go through 2-1 on aggregate and guarantee an English side will reach the final, in Istanbul, for the first time since 1999.

Six years ago Manchester United won the cup after a superb 3-2 win at Juventus in the semi-final, and Benitez says his team believe they can become the first Liverpool side to reach the final since the ill-fated 1985 game at the Heysel stadium.

"We are getting a lot of confidence from these Champions League games," Benitez said.

"It will be difficult and for me Chelsea will be favourites.

They are top of the table in the Premiership and we have nothing to lose."

The two legs of the semi-final take place on April 27 and May 3.

Chelsea, who beat Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals on Tuesday, have defeated Liverpool three times this season, twice in the Premier League and in the League Cup final when the London side came from behind to win 3-2 in extra time.

"Maybe it's our turn to win now," said Benitez.

The Spaniard won the tactical battle on Wednesday despite missing his captain and midfield engine Steven Gerrard. The home side's attack was left to chase lost causes and Czech playmaker Pavel Nedved rarely featured for Juventus, whose best chance came when Fabio Cannavaro hit the post in the 78th minute.

SEASON PEAKING

"We changed our tactics because they were strong down the middle and I think we nullified them well," said defender Jamie Carragher.

"A lot of the credit for this result has to go to the manager because he chose the formation, he chose the tactics and it all worked really well."

While Chelsea are a step above any other side in the Premier League, Liverpool's season appears to be peaking at the right time.

Midfielder Xabi Alonso returned in style against Juventus after breaking his ankle - against Chelsea - on January 1.

Djibril Cisse also came on for his first appearance up front since braking his leg in October. With Gerrard back, Liverpool have a range of attacking options which could worry Chelsea.

"All three games against Chelsea have been very tight," said Carragher. "They deserved to win at Stamford Bridge but the other two could have gone either way.

"There's a place in the European Cup final at stake and we will work as hard as we can to get there."
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:43 pm

stmichael wrote:i see that lawrenson has already come out saying "i can't see how liverpool can beat chelsea over the two legs".

i can, by scoring more goals you f#cking pr#ck. :D  :laugh:  :D

Does he ever have anythink good to say about us  ???
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion