Rafa transfer frustration

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ronmeister » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:17 pm

My concern is pple in the L4 with football knowledge wouldnt let the manager get on with his job and interfere with the coaching thinking they knew better
ronmeister

Postby laza » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:28 pm

ronmeister wrote:My concern is pple in the L4 with football knowledge wouldnt let the manager get on with his job and interfere with the coaching thinking they knew better

Thats funny because one of plus for me  about the L4 bid is i expect the manager would be left to do his job with a lot less interference then if Morgan bid is accepted
They are in business of building success and making money, if they dont know sweet FA about football then they will leave it to the experts
They didnt get where they are now by meddling in things they know nothing about
Morgan may be local lad who wears his fan membership and heart on his sleeve but i think that unfortunately means its more likely he mess with football side of the Red empire
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:06 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:We're aware of certain faces in the Liverpool board room that have opposing views to Rick Parry but we really have no idea which way things will pan out. We just hope something gets sorted for Rafa in time for next season because it's a bigger distraction than most supporters realise.

For the last 14 years, the board hasn't produced a title, i think an overhaul should be on the cards. So what if Parry and Moores get the axe, I like Parry and some of his ideas, but my gosh, 14 years dry without the title, if this was Port Adelaide Football Club, there would have been a coup d'etat. The board have to be accountable for the 14 years the title hasn't been in our hands.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:06 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Parry & Moores in no rush to accept Kraft's millions

Rafael Benitez has admitted that he wants to sign more players to strengthen his squad but is prevented from doing so because of a lack of funds at Anfield.

Liverpool have so far rejected several investment offers from local businessman Steve Morgan but remain in talks with the L4 consortium which consists of Liverpool duo Mike Jefferies and Stuard Ford plus Liverpool FC legend Kenny Dalglish. The Kraft family from the States are the consortium's primary investor. Rumours suggest that there are other high profile names involved with the group which are yet to be made public.

Word from Anfield suggests that chief executive Rick Parry favours a sub 30% investment rather than an actual take-over. If a take-over took place it is likely that a complete overhaul at the club would take place with only Rafael Benitez and his staff safe from the bullets that would follow.

I wish I had £1000 for each post that I have made on this topic, I would be able to go out and buy Rafa a new goalie!
Rick Parry is a serious hinderence to LFC current progress. As a Chief Exec he has fouled up during the Houllier years in negotiating bad deals and not controlling expenditure on doubtful players. He is now backed into a corner where all his financial mismanagement is coming home to roost, the coffers are empty, Moores can not refill them, Rafa needs money for players. His only way out is to look for outside investment. The best offer currently on the table comes from a man who will sack Parry the instant he takes control, so he is stalling looking for an offer that retains his position and power. Meanwhile, we have to watch idiots like Rooney celebrating in our demise in front of the Kop.
Come the summer we will be sat here still with Parry claiming that life is wonderful, and that his plans for a new (by now £150m!!) stadium are still on track because of the excellent deal he has just made in selling Steven Gerrard.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby King Dogleash » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:54 pm

I totally agree with redrider, its my biggest worry. I think on the pitch with RAFA and some of the players he has got in and some of the existing squad we have no problems we`re going in the right direction, but the board has lost the plot, we will still be here in the summer, same board, no money, no stadium, no Gerrard and thats the worst thing Gerard will have to be sold to get us out of this, whereas if the board stepped down and let the investment in we could have it all!

i hope they see sense if they dont i hpoe the crowd start to protest cos i think its the only wat Parry and Moores will see they position is untenable and fall on their swords for the good of LIVERPOOL FC not there family!  ???
JESUS SAVES!! BUT GERRARD NETS THE REBOUND!!
King Dogleash

Postby 109-1105722616 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:00 pm

just watch how liverpool dont get a full house in the next few premiership games cos we are on a bad run

****** part-time supporters some of you lot
109-1105722616

Postby cptrios » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:13 pm

For what it's worth, Kraft was basically one of the founding fathers of the MLS, and has been one of its greatest proponents since. And it's a tough league in which to build a good team, with so many restrictions on salary, the number of foreign players you can have (i think it's two), etc. Plus, Stevie Nicol is his team's manager, and I believe he's part of L4 as well.
cptrios

Postby el_stinger » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:13 am

cptrios wrote:For what it's worth, Kraft was basically one of the founding fathers of the MLS, and has been one of its greatest proponents since. And it's a tough league in which to build a good team, with so many restrictions on salary, the number of foreign players you can have (i think it's two), etc. Plus, Stevie Nicol is his team's manager, and I believe he's part of L4 as well.

Id still rather Carlsberg or Candy on the front of our shirt, then Kraft.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:29 am

the lack of funds is scary i dont care where the cash comes from, american dollors will do for me

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion