Villa to make diao bid - Shud he stay or shud he go?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby L-type » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:24 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:or if villa want him , RB should exhange with the villa' goalkeeper . ( don't him name )

Van der Sar

Yeah his contract is already running down so hopefully we can make a move for him during the offseason
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:28 pm

Am I the only one ****** off with all GH's expensive flops going ON LOAN. If clubs want a player LFC should make them put up some cash. Even 1.5m is better than a loan.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:31 pm

L-type wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:or if villa want him , RB should exhange with the villa' goalkeeper . ( don't him name )

Van der Sar

Yeah his contract is already running down so hopefully we can make a move for him during the offseason

??? Van Der Saar is Fulhams goalkeeper.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:33 pm

Big Niall wrote:Am I the only one ****** off with all GH's expensive flops going ON LOAN. If clubs want a player LFC should make them put up some cash. Even 1.5m is better than a loan.

Im p#ssed off with it too how many on loan now and we are still paying half of there wages, Cheyrou, Diouf, Diao, Le Tallec, Vignal how many more? :angry: .
Sell sell sell If Big Sam wants Diouf pay up now the transfer windows open we are paying him about 25 grand a week :angry: .
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:01 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Looks like hes going to the brummies.

Birmingham are set to sign Liverpool midfielder Salif Diao on loan for the rest of the season.

Blues are close to agreeing a six-month deal for the Senegal international as a short-term replacement for Blackburn-bound Robbie Savage.

Aston Villa boss David O'Leary is trying to sign players on short-term contracts or on loan and Diao would have fitted the bill. His own midfield dynamo, Gavin McCann, is sidelined for the remainder of the campaign with a knee injury.

Diao, 28 next month, is understood to prefer a move to St Andrews after becoming surplus to requirements at Anfield.

Blues have plenty of midfielders but no-one quite like Savage and Bruce is hoping Diao will add steel in the centre of the park.

Diao is not viewed as the long-term answer to Savage whose move to Ewood Park should be completed in the next 24 hours.

Let me see if I can borrow dad's wheelbarrow... I'll wheel him there!!! :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:24 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
L-type wrote:

Van der Sar

??? Van Der Saar is Fulhams goalkeeper.

and the villa 'keeper, sorensen, is not too hot either. might be more realistic to train diao as a 'keeper.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:00 pm

Van Der Saar is sh1t at the moment. Not good enough
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1105722616 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:02 pm