Mascherano out? - Make way for a certain villa player

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:06 am

Quadrophenia wrote:You need to have pace between one of a pair in the centre of midfield and one with pace up front. For that very reason Xabi and Barry won't work as a pair which is why it was Alonso we were looking to offload for Barry.

Thats sh!te that mate, they would make a great partnership IMO, and Barrys hardly imobile, he plays prity much box to box for Villa.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:28 am

Do we actually even own Masch 100% or is he still part of MSI. I noticed in the data editor on FM09 that he has an 80% sell on clause to MSI meaning even if we sold him for 30Mil we would still only get peanuts.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quadrophenia » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:43 pm

Rush Job wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:You need to have pace between one of a pair in the centre of midfield and one with pace up front. For that very reason Xabi and Barry won't work as a pair which is why it was Alonso we were looking to offload for Barry.

Thats sh!te that mate, they would make a great partnership IMO, and Barrys hardly imobile, he plays prity much box to box for Villa.

No they wouldn't - FACT.

If they were going to be such a great pairing then Benitez would have signed Barry with the money he spent on Keane but he didn't because he knew there was no need for Barry while we have Xabi. He was looking to offload our number 14 so he could bring Barry in. Why? Because they are the same type of player with Alonso being the better out the two. They wouldn't work well together and Benitez knows that as does anybody with a football brain.

As for Barry being a box to box midfielder, christ that's a good 'un. I might use that one at my after dinner speech, should get a massive laugh with that. :censored: hell I'm still laughing at it.
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:50 pm

Fo Dne Here is a link where you can look up your mental health problems I think you need help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis/p20-pe07.html

Just thought i help you out a little shame your teachers didn't pick it up when you was at school might have helps having a course of drugs.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Quadrophenia wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

No they wouldn't - FACT.

If they were going to be such a great pairing then Benitez would have signed Barry with the money he spent on Keane but he didn't because he knew there was no need for Barry while we have Xabi. He was looking to offload our number 14 so he could bring Barry in. Why? Because they are the same type of player with Alonso being the better out the two. They wouldn't work well together and Benitez knows that as does anybody with a football brain.

As for Barry being a box to box midfielder, christ that's a good 'un. I might use that one at my after dinner speech, should get a massive laugh with that. :censored: hell I'm still laughing at it.

Barry is used as a box to box player. He plays like a box to box player and has the attributes of a box to box player.

You are chatting rubbish and showing a complete lack of knowledge of the game. You're saying to players who pass a ball, can tackle and both have alround games who are different can't play together...

:laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:57 pm

I am sick and tired of hearing about Gareth fooking Barry.

First it was to replace Alonso.

Now Mascherano?

Why???

Mascherano and Alonso are both superior players to Barry.

It's like trading Angelina Jolie for Fern Britton.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:35 pm

I don't think Barry is worth what we would have to pay for him I believe we do need more diversity in our midfield though.  I don't like Xabi/Masch play Stevie in midfield more damnit!
Zidane

Postby Quadrophenia » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Lets face it, if we really wanted Barry we wouldn't have spent the money on Keane, we'd have got Villa's number 6.

Enough people complain about Babel not getting a go up front or Nemeth and Pacheco should be in the squad, so they could have had their wish if Barry was so good because we wouldn't have needed Keane. Truth is Barry isn't as good as he's made out and wouldn't work in a midfield that contained Alonso who is a better player anyway. That's why the club wanted Alonso out and Barry in because anybody who has the slightest intellegence of football can see Barry and Alonso won't work together. Both me and Benitez saw it and that's enough football intellegence I need, mainly from me :;):  Why we would sell Masch for someone who can't do his job and would make our midfield a lot weaker is beyond me.

Masch is going nowehre and thank :censored: for that.
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:46 am

Owzat wrote:I read the rumour below yesterday and wondered what people would think if we accepted such a bid, if it is real, and used the money to bring in a more all-round player

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has told Lazio to forget about launching a £20m bid for 24-year-old Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano. (Sunday Express)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1....423.stm

Maybe the move that was heavily covered in the summer would be blocked again, but in theory would people on here be open to this as an idea? I'm sure most would love to hang onto Mascherano and find the money some other way, but is he really needed in a lot of games - such as Fulham at home? We might even negotiate any bid up a bit, make a tidy profit.

LIVERPOOL 08/09

With Mascherano : P11 W6 D4 L1 (Won 54.45%)
Without Mascherano : P11 W8 D2 L1 (Won 72.73%)

Maybe the above stats aren't conclusive proof we don't need him, but if we can win nearly 73% of the games he doesn't play then is he that crucial? The only defeat in his absence was our reserves losing in the Carling Cup at WHL, the draws the home game against Stoke and away at Standard Liege.

Mascherano > Barry
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:55 am

Quadrophenia wrote:Lets face it, if we really wanted Barry we wouldn't have spent the money on Keane, we'd have got Villa's number 6.

Rafa wasnt allowed to sign Barry and the money went on the Keane deal instead, we would have on doubt seen a different forward come in though had Rafa been able to execute plan A.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:57 am

Rush Job wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:Lets face it, if we really wanted Barry we wouldn't have spent the money on Keane, we'd have got Villa's number 6.

Rafa wasnt allowed to sign Barry and the money went on the Keane deal instead, we would have on doubt seen a different forward come in though had Rafa been able to execute plan A.

Thanks for letting us know about that Geroge Gillete Junior.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:49 am

id keep mascha, bring in barry and play him at left back :)
burjennio

Postby redmikey » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:51 pm

masha for barry is a joke and not a very funny one at that!!!

any single fan of lfc who can't see what masha brings to the team should be dragged out to a near by car park and beaten to death with copies of stat books and copies of tabloid newspapers
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:01 pm

Alonso out Barry in perhaps. And thats only because now and again Alonso drops silly hints that he could consider Italy or Spain again.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:11 pm

LegBarnes wrote:Fo Dne Here is a link where you can look up your mental health problems I think you need help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis/p20-pe07.html

Just thought i help you out a little shame your teachers didn't pick it up when you was at school might have helps having a course of drugs.

Does no one else think Stu has this problem ? lol  :wwww
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion