Mascherano out? - Make way for a certain villa player

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:Lets face it, if we really wanted Barry we wouldn't have spent the money on Keane, we'd have got Villa's number 6.

Rafa wasnt allowed to sign Barry and the money went on the Keane deal instead, we would have on doubt seen a different forward come in though had Rafa been able to execute plan A.

Thanks for letting us know about that Geroge Gillete Junior.

Eh? What the fk you on about? ???
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:12 pm

Rush Job wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:Lets face it, if we really wanted Barry we wouldn't have spent the money on Keane, we'd have got Villa's number 6.

Rafa wasnt allowed to sign Barry and the money went on the Keane deal instead, we would have on doubt seen a different forward come in though had Rafa been able to execute plan A.

Thanks for letting us know about that Geroge Gillete Junior.

Eh? What the fk you on about? ???

Leon's usual contribution. Its almost enough to make you want to roll your eyes...
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Quadrophenia » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Rush Job wrote:

20 million plus on Keane - 18 on Barry. He had the money if he wanted Barry but he didn't when he realised Xabi wasn't going anywhere.

Benitez knows as well as I do and as well as most people that Gareth Barry and Xabi Alonso do not fit in the same central midfield. Who does Gerrard play best with for England? Barry. Who does Gerrard play best with for Liverpool? Alonso. Barry was coming in to replace Xabi (why I don't know when Alonso is a much better player) and they'll never be a good partnership in the middle. FACT.
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:01 am

bavlondon wrote:Alonso out Barry in perhaps. And thats only because now and again Alonso drops silly hints that he could consider Italy or Spain again.

B.loody hell Bav dont even go there again with that one. Me heart couldnt take no more of that in an out again, I dont want Barry at our club for Masher or Xabi. Not a chance
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quadrophenia » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:06 am

NANNY RED wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Alonso out Barry in perhaps. And thats only because now and again Alonso drops silly hints that he could consider Italy or Spain again.

B.loody hell Bav dont even go there again with that one. Me heart couldnt take no more of that in an out again, I dont want Barry at our club for Masher or Xabi. Not a chance

I don't know about that one love, I mean he's not as good a central midfielder as Masch or Xabi but I wouldn't mind him for left back. He wasn't the worst when he played there. His dress sense is awful though.

We are talking Barry Venison aren't we?  :;):
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:14 am

Quadrophenia wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

I don't know about that one love, I mean he's not as good a central midfielder as Masch or Xabi but I wouldn't mind him for left back. He wasn't the worst when he played there. His dress sense is awful though.

:laugh: I just dont like Gareth Barry an i wish the people would just stop linking him to our club and throwing Masherano or Xabis name in the mix for one of them to go .. Id be gutted if either went
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quadrophenia » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:20 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

:laugh: I just dont like Gareth Barry an i wish the people would just stop linking him to our club and throwing Masherano or Xabis name in the mix for one of them to go .. Id be gutted if either went

Two things we agree on then. Firstly neither of us wants Barry (number9 that is...sorry no Gareth) and neither of us wants Masch or Xabi to leave.

Sorted.

Somebody phone the Echo quick, two people on this forum actually agree on something when it comes to Liverpool and it's midfield.  :;):
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

Postby kazza » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:50 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Mascherano > Barry

You could also say Mascherano < Barry if we are talking about age.

Barry for Mascherano would not be good business.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:39 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Incidently he's a better player than both. The problem is with alot of Liverpool fans these days is they are still in the frame of mind that if you are in Liverpool's first team you're one of the best, if not the best in the league. Unfortunately for a large number of players we have that isn't the case.

Many players we have are extremely overated by our own fans. Skyrtel, Carragher, Agger, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Babel... there's possibly a couple more. Some of them are good players, others aren't but I've heard all of those referred to as top players which none of them are with the possible exception of Mascherano who still to some people has no faults, despite his glaringly obvious lack of movement, his occassional lack of concentration, his poor tracking back and his lack of ability to go forward, aswell as his hit and miss passing. Obviously people will read into the tracking back comment as I'm saying he doesn't win the ball, I'm not. I'm saying he lets runners go past him to easily. Big difference.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:39 am

Barry would be a great signing for 2 million when he can buy his contract out . If we get him than we can play him at left back and get a new right back , as arbeloa as good as he has been this season , i still think he's a squad player at best . Barry is no where near  alonso if xabi can ever regain his first season's form . Alonso has been playing well these season so far , bar the OM game and if he keeps talking about leaving than let him go  , no player is bigger than the club
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:42 am

Quadrophenia wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Two things we agree on then. Firstly neither of us wants Barry (number9 that is...sorry no Gareth) and neither of us wants Masch or Xabi to leave.

Sorted.

Somebody phone the Echo quick, two people on this forum actually agree on something when it comes to Liverpool and it's midfield.  :;):

No-one here (to my knowledge) wants Xabi or Mascherano to leave. But most on here, who at least understand the game and look outside LFC would have Barry here.

Barry can play in four positions, 3 of which to an outstanding level and he's more than capable of filling in at centre half.

No-one however wants us to sell our best players.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:45 am

Fo Dne wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Quadrophenia wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Incidently he's a better player than both. The problem is with alot of Liverpool fans these days is they are still in the frame of mind that if you are in Liverpool's first team you're one of the best, if not the best in the league. Unfortunately for a large number of players we have that isn't the case.

Many players we have are extremely overated by our own fans. Skyrtel, Carragher, Agger, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Babel... there's possibly a couple more. Some of them are good players, others aren't but I've heard all of those referred to as top players which none of them are with the possible exception of Mascherano who still to some people has no faults, despite his glaringly obvious lack of movement, his occassional lack of concentration, his poor tracking back and his lack of ability to go forward, aswell as his hit and miss passing. Obviously people will read into the tracking back comment as I'm saying he doesn't win the ball, I'm not. I'm saying he lets runners go past him to easily. Big difference.

Mascherano is a defensive midfielder , his job is to protect the back four , not go forward like a headless chicken , we didn't see flamini do not much last season and when he did it was because fabregas was sitting back . Mascherano's passing is nothing compared to a defensive mid like pirlo but gattuso is not a great passer . Masch's job is track back and prevent attacks which i feel he has done so effectively , this season however his own standards have dropped a bit . As for Skrtel and Agger , ask any opposition fan , they will walk into any team , they are young and still have time to improve . Drogba one of the most difficult  strikers to play against could not score when skrtel was marking him twice last season . Agger , how often do you see a centre back going forward and can actually pick a pass and have a great shot in him . As for carragher yes he is overrated by many as a world class centre back , something which he is not but he wears his heart on his sleeve and has saved us so many time defensivly with crucial tackles , interceptions . He may not be a world class player but he has put in those sort of performances for us . The most overrated defender for me has to vidic , he's a ordinary player who is strong in the air nothing else and manu fans and the media W*nk over him , the same vidic who got raped by bellamy 2 seasons back
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:51 am

Toffeehater wrote:Mascherano is a defensive midfielder , his job is to protect the back four , not go forward like a headless chicken , we didn't see flamini do not much last season and when he did it was because fabregas was sitting back . Mascherano's passing is nothing compared to a defensive mid like pirlo but gattuso is not a great passer . Masch's job is track back and prevent attacks which i feel he has done so effectively , this season however his own standards have dropped a bit . As for Skrtel and Agger , ask any opposition fan , they will walk into any team , they are young and still have time to improve . Drogba one of the most difficult  strikers to play against could not score when skrtel was marking him twice last season . Agger , how often do you see a centre back going forward and can actually pick a pass and have a great shot in him . As for carragher yes he is overrated by many as a world class centre back , something which he is not but he wears his heart on his sleeve and has saved us so many time defensivly with crucial tackles , interceptions . He may not be a world class player but he has put in those sort of performances for us . The most overrated defender for me has to vidic , he's a ordinary player who is strong in the air nothing else and manu fans and the media W*nk over him , the same vidic who got raped by bellamy 2 seasons back

Blah de blah de blah.

Mascherano is a central midfielder lad. End of story. Central midfielders need to be able to both attack, and defend. Ala Alonso and Gerrard, which is why when they've both played centre mid this season, we've looked a good side. Mascherano is a good option, he's not a better option than Alonso or Gerrard. End of story.

Agger and Skrytel wouldn't get into Man Utd or Chelsea's team. Neither would Carragher. End of.

Vidic overated? What because Bellamy had a good game and he had a poor one once? Shut up lad. Bellamy's a good player for a start and you'd expect a player of his quality to cause a player who's off form in a match problems. Thats the way football works.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:54 am

Fo Dne wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Mascherano is a defensive midfielder , his job is to protect the back four , not go forward like a headless chicken , we didn't see flamini do not much last season and when he did it was because fabregas was sitting back . Mascherano's passing is nothing compared to a defensive mid like pirlo but gattuso is not a great passer . Masch's job is track back and prevent attacks which i feel he has done so effectively , this season however his own standards have dropped a bit . As for Skrtel and Agger , ask any opposition fan , they will walk into any team , they are young and still have time to improve . Drogba one of the most difficult  strikers to play against could not score when skrtel was marking him twice last season . Agger , how often do you see a centre back going forward and can actually pick a pass and have a great shot in him . As for carragher yes he is overrated by many as a world class centre back , something which he is not but he wears his heart on his sleeve and has saved us so many time defensivly with crucial tackles , interceptions . He may not be a world class player but he has put in those sort of performances for us . The most overrated defender for me has to vidic , he's a ordinary player who is strong in the air nothing else and manu fans and the media W*nk over him , the same vidic who got raped by bellamy 2 seasons back

Blah de blah de blah.

Mascherano is a central midfielder lad. End of story. Central midfielders need to be able to both attack, and defend. Ala Alonso and Gerrard, which is why when they've both played centre mid this season, we've looked a good side. Mascherano is a good option, he's not a better option than Alonso or Gerrard. End of story.

Agger and Skrytel wouldn't get into Man Utd or Chelsea's team. Neither would Carragher. End of.

Vidic overated? What because Bellamy had a good game and he had a poor one once? Shut up lad. Bellamy's a good player for a start and you'd expect a player of his quality to cause a player who's off form in a match problems. Thats the way football works.

No point in arguing with you . I though i could actually have a decent talk about footie with you once but i see in your 2 month or so absence this forum has been a better place , I don't give a toss what you think because in your eyes you're god . Why haven't you left this forum i don't know . You've been banned a couple of times but as thick skinned as you are you keep coming back for more , some poeple can't take a hint when they are not wanted .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:32 pm

I dont know how close Arsenal came to agreeding a deal with us for Alonso before but im sure in the summer there will a few clubs from all over sniffing around and to be honest its just a gut feeling more than anything that he will go. I know in the end before he stayed but that was only because the Barry deal fell through. Xabi didnt want to :censored: us over by leaving as well give a double blow to us. Come the summer though things could change. I want us to have more options going forward. I like both Masch and Xabi and would love to have both of them and Barry but the team isnt big enough for all 3 of them and we dont have enough money to have all 3 so if one of them had to go then I wouldnt mind.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion