Tottenham vs Liverpool 30/09 17:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:12 am

Boocity » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:19 am wrote:The Jones RC wasn’t an obvious error so I don’t buy into the conspiracy theory.

Ref originally gave a yellow and VAR insisted it was a red, the same individual who is not allowed to officiate a Liverpool match this season. I think it was an obvious error as that was never a red card and it would certainly have been interesting listening to the audio on that as well. If VAR could not tell the difference between a goal scored and a goal disallowed because he was tired from a trip two days prior, how can we assume any decision he made in that match was not equally flawed. I believe that had they cancelled the red card it would have brought more spotlight on how bad the officiating was and they were never going to do it. Politics rather than conspiracy.

Remember they tried to sweep the whole thing under the carpet before it blew up. Errors happen all the time, it’s when you try to hide it is when it becomes fraudulent, and they did try to hide it when they never released the offside lines, that is the definition of conspiracy. If not for Richard Keyes and the team at bein sports none of us would have been any the wiser. They never owned up, they were exposed.

As for Klopp requesting a replay I’d agree with you as it is never going to happen and just exposes us as bad sports.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:56 am

Boocity » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:17 am wrote:I reckon it was very silly Klopp even saying that about a replay.

Think the media, especially Sky,have massively blown his comments up. Yes he mentioned a replay and could argue he shouldn't have done so but some of the headlines we've seen such as him 'demanding' a replay are massively over the top and not accurate at all. Problem is stuff like this is gold dust for the media and they'll stretch the story as long as they can and look to make a panto of it all.

Overall Klopp has handled the whole affair pretty well imo
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:06 pm

The whole replay thing is just noise from certain quarters but I've never been for it.

It's a can of worms and a slippery slope and would result in the game heading into a direction I think no true football fans would want imo. Yes there needs to be scrutiny into the officiating and VAR/officials reprimanded and adjustments made to the VAR process but the idea of replays has never sat right with me.
Doeboy

Postby Boocity » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:36 pm

kazza » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:12 am wrote:
Boocity » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:19 am wrote:The Jones RC wasn’t an obvious error so I don’t buy into the conspiracy theory.

Ref originally gave a yellow and VAR insisted it was a red, the same individual who is not allowed to officiate a Liverpool match this season. I think it was an obvious error as that was never a red card and it would certainly have been interesting listening to the audio on that as well. If VAR could not tell the difference between a goal scored and a goal disallowed because he was tired from a trip two days prior, how can we assume any decision he made in that match was not equally flawed. I believe that had they cancelled the red card it would have brought more spotlight on how bad the officiating was and they were never going to do it. Politics rather than conspiracy.

Remember they tried to sweep the whole thing under the carpet before it blew up. Errors happen all the time, it’s when you try to hide it is when it becomes fraudulent, and they did try to hide it when they never released the offside lines, that is the definition of conspiracy. If not for Richard Keyes and the team at bein sports none of us would have been any the wiser. They never owned up, they were exposed.

As for Klopp requesting a replay I’d agree with you as it is never going to happen and just exposes us as bad sports.

The thing about the red card is even if the ref hadn’t seen the still of Jones’s boot on the shin if the Spurs player he still would have shown red as it’s extremely rare that a ref doesn’t change his decision once he goes to the monitor. The VAR guys, particularly England are just useless and should be dropped for weeks if not just sacked.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:24 pm

I'm glad Klopp mentioned the replay, and I think it should be a replay. I've seen bad decisions, and close 50/50's in games etc etc, but that was something else. I've never witnessed a team get cheated for 90 mins as much as we did that game. And these are high stakes we are playing with here. City can get 100+ points a season, so we have to be near perfect to challange them.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:06 pm

Klopp has upped the anti asking for the replay, in reality he's piling the pressure on PGMOL and the FA to implement meaningful change. He knows he won't get a replay but he's going to drag PGMOL through fire until they agree to restructure VAR.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games