Darwin Núñez  Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:04 pm

Stupidity but better now then later I say. He needs a word or two from Klopp. I'm sure Klopp will calm him down and mold him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:50 pm

https://youtu.be/fblpieJjr5M

We are blaming him but we should be blaming that cu.nt of a ref
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:42 pm

The Ref should have been paying more attention and nipped it in the bud early but Nunez still at fault. You can see in that video plenty of little tetchy exchanges and in fairness it's Darwin reacting in most of them rather than playing to the whistle.  He needs to focus on his own game and not let his marker put him off it because there will be worse to come. Especially now he has shown that he will lose the plot.

Just before they clashed on the ground he tried to nut him mid air so I think VAR would have done him for that anyway. Plenty of players have gotten away with butting heads in the past but most of those situations is 2 lads squaring up where as Nunez's had a bit of intent. That's the difference here for me and why I think it was a straight red.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:42 pm

Forget the headbutt.
IMO , Team looked better without him.
The fella still has a lot to learn.
Gimme a Jota or Firmino in this game and we'd have won it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:06 am

kazza » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:50 pm wrote:https://youtu.be/fblpieJjr5M

We are blaming him but we should be blaming that cu.nt of a ref

The dude was trying to frustrate/bully Nunez and make it hell for him. Nunez definitely fell for it eventually. He will learn from this experience I'm sure.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:54 am

I agree he made a mistake and needs to learn, I just think that a three match ban is excessive for what he did, I’ve seen a lot worse that didn’t amount to a card even. The defender Andersen has gone to the police for the online abuse he has got “death threats”. I mean does he really believe some one is going to kill him? Just kids brain farting on social media. He does seem like a c.unt though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:05 pm

kazza » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:54 am wrote:I agree he made a mistake and needs to learn, I just think that a three match ban is excessive for what he did, I’ve seen a lot worse that didn’t amount to a card even. The defender Andersen has gone to the police for the online abuse he has got “death threats”. I mean does he really believe some one is going to kill him? Just kids brain farting on social media. He does seem like a c.unt though.

Mate, a straight red card is an automatic 3 match ban.  Did he deserve it ? , IMO yeah he did. Lost his cool and was lucky not to be carded for earlier trying to "back head " his nut into the defenders face.
Defender was a ***** but Darwin allowed the wind up from the defender and the passion of the occasion to overcome him.

This is not the Portuguese league, this is the the Stella league in world football.  The lad's still got a lot to learn.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:51 am

I'm still hoping that from here on out the only thing he shares with Suarez is nationality and goals!!  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:53 am

woof woof ! » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:05 pm wrote:
kazza » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:54 am wrote:I agree he made a mistake and needs to learn, I just think that a three match ban is excessive for what he did, I’ve seen a lot worse that didn’t amount to a card even. The defender Andersen has gone to the police for the online abuse he has got “death threats”. I mean does he really believe some one is going to kill him? Just kids brain farting on social media. He does seem like a c.unt though.

Mate, a straight red card is an automatic 3 match ban.  Did he deserve it ? , IMO yeah he did. Lost his cool and was lucky not to be carded for earlier trying to "back head " his nut into the defenders face.
Defender was a ***** but Darwin allowed the wind up from the defender and the passion of the occasion to overcome him.

This is not the Portuguese league, this is the the Stella league in world football.  The lad's still got a lot to learn.

Surprised there's debate on this. It was an out and out headbutt, definite red card and 3 match ban. He allowed the defender to wind him up, he fell for it, in fairness he was trying his heart out. Looks to me like he needs to bulk up a bit and it should be a good learning experience for him in time. We need to give him a bit of time to settle into the squad, are team works as a cohesive unit, the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the parts and all that - it will take time.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:51 pm

I know it's early, but...

I'm getting Andy Carroll vibes here. Darwin was woeful today. F**ked up a clear chance on goal and also failed with a couple of simple passes that would have created goals.

Hope I'm wrong, but he was pish poor today
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:32 pm

Not Andy Carroll for me, the kid has talent IMO. He' not a donkey, but he is a f*cking idiot, always playing with an adrenaline rush. Today he could have cost us 3 points with some of his decision making. A bit like Jonjo Shelvey, he had a bit of a talent but too much of an idiot to use it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:20 am

For me he's been more than disappointing but I guess we have to stick with the clubs decision to sign him and trust Jurgen to sort the lads game out. For the money we've paid there's obviously great belief in him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:27 pm

He's a different option to what we are used to.. he's quick, direct, and a fighter. We are used to having a front line of players with great control, skill and finesse.

I think he'll come good personally... we just have to be patient.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:44 pm

I think his trying to hard which is clouding his judgement. We are used to attackers clicking straight away with us like Salah,Mane, Jota, Diaz. Nunez I feel will take a bit of time. I'm hoping though we don't end with Andy Carroll MK2, confident though Nunez will come good.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:05 pm

He does make good runs and attacks the ball well but we won't get the best out of him with the way we play. Yesterday we sat deep and when on the counter had acres of space for lads to move in. We created our best chances that way and that's how I think we will get the best out of him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion