Darwin Núñez  Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:20 pm

I have great hopes, he has massive potential. Just needs to slow it down and as Kazza says, show some composure. Walk on Nunez!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:08 pm

Happy for him to score two today, win us the match and have the fans sing his name. As usual, he does well when he doesn’t have to think and just relies on his skill. Well taken goals and I hope more to come.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:15 pm

Klopp needs to give the agent of chaos a run of games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:19 am

kazza » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:08 pm wrote:Happy for him to score two today, win us the match and have the fans sing his name. As usual, he does well when he doesn’t have to think and just relies on his skill. Well taken goals and I hope more to come.

Yeah wanted to say the same. Happy it was him that got the two goals and we stanched the win because of him, it will do his confidence a world of good. And yes, if he can play like this, without thinking too much, he can be a lot better.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:31 pm

I really hoped that Newcastle performance was the making of Darwin's LFC career. But since then he's been going backwards.

I hope he turns it around, but I think he's an expensive dud.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:26 am

7_Kewell » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:31 pm wrote:I really hoped that Newcastle performance was the making of Darwin's LFC career. But since then he's been going backwards.

I hope he turns it around, but I think he's an expensive dud.

Have had doubts as to whether he'll make it with us for a while now. Still hope he can turn things around but got a nagging feeling he has some technical flaws which maybe too late to be fixed and ultimately may prevent him from doing so. He can look very raw at times and he'll be 25 next summer so not exactly that young. Those two finishes at Newcastle were brilliant but just get the feeling he wouldn't be able to do that 9 times out of 10 and more likely would hit the target say 6/7 out of 10 and that is which separates the top level strikers from the rest.

If Salah were to leave next summer, do not be surprised at all if we went all out for a top striker as not sure there are too many wide players who could get the number of goals Mo does for us. If that does happen, pushes Nunez down the queue.
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:13 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:47 pm wrote:Post last nights Carabao game v Man City .

How many chances does this fella need before he sticks one in the net  ?

He did some good work, his pace is outstanding and seems committed, works hard etc BUT when it comes to a final finish ?   :down:   For Fu*ks sake at least make the goalie make a save  :kungfu:

Some may say he's a young player still learning his game. He's 23 ! and on the cusp of what would be for many strikers the best chapter of their footballing lives.

I don't know lads but given the chances he's had, and not just in last nights game, surely we should expect better ?

Said that almost a year ago today and I still haven't changed my opinion.
If anything it's got worse !  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:36 pm

I've been a fan of him and "hoped" he'd crack on but as time progresses I'm struggling to see it. 80-90M or whatever, if only we snapped a good finisher.

He'd be better at a mid table side that revolves around him imo.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:12 pm

It’s the lack of consistency that you need to be a top player, at some point he’ll hit a groove and get hot but to be fair at the price we paid he should be more consistent. He would snatch at shots, over hit passes which to me point to wanting to over impress. We got spoilt with Salah, Firmino and Mane playing high technical stuff and finishing when the chance came up, Darwin looks more scruffy. Still, he is fast and strong and if he could just be more clinical he’d be some player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:27 pm

It’s the lack of consistency that you need to be a top player, at some point he’ll hit a groove and get hot but to be fair at the price we paid he should be more consistent. He would snatch at shots, over hit passes which to me point to wanting to over impress. We got spoilt with Salah, Firmino and Mane playing high technical stuff and finishing when the chance came up, Darwin looks more scruffy. Still, he is fast and strong and if he could just be more clinical he’d be some player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:58 pm

kazza » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:27 pm wrote:It’s the lack of consistency that you need to be a top player, at some point he’ll hit a groove and get hot but to be fair at the price we paid he should be more consistent. He would snatch at shots, over hit passes which to me point to wanting to over impress. We got spoilt with Salah, Firmino and Mane playing high technical stuff and finishing when the chance came up, Darwin looks more scruffy. Still, he is fast and strong and if he could just be more clinical he’d be some player.

C'mon Kazza, you obviously like the guy , as we all do for his effort and commitment , and I agree when you say "if he could just be more clinical he’d be some player" , in fact he'd be up there with Harland and much better looking   :D .  However , when you say "at some point he’ll hit a groove and get hot " I have to ask , after a year and a half at the club , when do you think he might actually "hit a groove and get hot" . I'm guessing you don't know , problem is nobody else does  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:28 am

woof woof ! » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:58 pm wrote:
kazza » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:27 pm wrote:It’s the lack of consistency that you need to be a top player, at some point he’ll hit a groove and get hot but to be fair at the price we paid he should be more consistent. He would snatch at shots, over hit passes which to me point to wanting to over impress. We got spoilt with Salah, Firmino and Mane playing high technical stuff and finishing when the chance came up, Darwin looks more scruffy. Still, he is fast and strong and if he could just be more clinical he’d be some player.

C'mon Kazza, you obviously like the guy , as we all do for his effort and commitment , and I agree when you say "if he could just be more clinical he’d be some player" , in fact he'd be up there with Harland and much better looking   :D .  However , when you say "at some point he’ll hit a groove and get hot " I have to ask , after a year and a half at the club , when do you think he might actually "hit a groove and get hot" . I'm guessing you don't know , problem is nobody else does  :(

It’s frustrating Woof as he has the physical tools just not the brain, hope is that Klopp being the great coach that he is can somehow fix the brain. Klopp can’t make him faster or stronger but he should be able to make him calmer in front of goal, more assured. I agree he should be more finished for his age and the price we paid.

I wouldn’t say I really like him as I see all sorts of flaws to his game, even being slow to get back onside, but he is a Liverpool player so I need to hope he comes good. The only time I ever criticize one of our players is when they show a lack of motivation while playing.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:44 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:25 pm

OK, agreed, we all love the fella's full on commitment BUT ! in all honesty , if he doesn't start converting just half the chances he gets then surely we have to consider other options ?

Call me crazy but I wish we had the balls and the money (?) to get a "Harry Kane" leading our line.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:51 pm

6 goals in last 8 games played, all comps.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion