LIVERPOOL v newcastle Sat 24th Apr 12.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:33 pm

Yup Red I agree, that is what frustrates me about Salah. I will not question his goal contribution but man does he need a lot of chances.

We need to shake up front three, sell at least one.

We need someone in Mid who can also chip in goals.

UCL is over, forget United, we really think we will get something. off West Brom A, Burnley A.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:24 pm

After finding ourselves right at the heart of the carry on over this ESL thing and the way we’ve thrown away two important leads right at the death I think apart from Hillsborough and Heysel (obviously) this has got to be one of the worst 7 days periods I can remember as a Liverpool fan.
Being on the wrong end of a last minute equaliser is always a sickener but to Kop for 2 of them inside a week is a double blow, in fact given the way Newcastle scored then it was ruled out then they scored again it almost feels like it’s happened 3 times inside a week not twice.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:42 pm

redshade » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:33 pm wrote:Yup Red I agree, that is what frustrates me about Salah. I will not question his goal contribution but man does he need a lot of chances.

We need to shake up front three, sell at least one.

We need someone in Mid who can also chip in goals.

UCL is over, forget United, we really think we will get something. off West Brom A, Burnley A.

Salah is our top goalscorer but as redshade says he is sooo frustrating at times. Let's put it this way of an Owen or a Fowler had the chances we create as a team how many would they be on- 30+ with no doubt at all.

We need an assassin in red upfront - ice blood in his veins and all the other cliches you can think of.
I also agree that the current front three cannot be our first choice 3 next season - one has to be benched / sold to finance "Jason Bourne".
Even Jota seems to be made of the same stuff - great ethic /skill but fluffs his lines when the heat is on.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:02 pm

@AnfieldWatch
Liverpool have collected just five points out of a possible 27 at home in the Premier League in 2021, only Fulham have picked up fewer [4] among all 92 teams in England's top four divisions.

We don't deserve UCL footy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:45 pm

redshade » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:02 pm wrote:@AnfieldWatch
Liverpool have collected just five points out of a possible 27 at home in the Premier League in 2021, only Fulham have picked up fewer [4] among all 92 teams in England's top four divisions.

From league champions to that stat in the space of a few months, you wouldn’t have believed it possible but 2 of our front 3 have stopped scoring and as others have mentioned we get very few goals from midfield either.
I think the whole club is a bit shellshocked at how this season as gone and the quicker it’s over the better, all we need now to round it off is Everton to finish in the top 4 and City to win the CL. That would just about cap this horror season off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:45 pm wrote:
redshade » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:02 pm wrote:@AnfieldWatch

From league champions to that stat in the space of a few months, you wouldn’t have believed it possible but 2 of our front 3 have stopped scoring and as others have mentioned we get very few goals from midfield either.
I think the whole club is a bit shellshocked at how this season as gone and the quicker it’s over the better, all we need now to round it off is Everton to finish in the top 4 and City to win the CL. That would just about cap this horror season off.

I'm sure I read somewhere that we've had about 140+ shots towards goal with only 4 goals at home in think since Jan.

We've been poor upto apart from Salah, who does score but misses triple, Mane and firmino are drunk and possesed by mediocre spirits.

We need to change things up next season, like you said mate this team has peaked and is declining. We desperately need a proper goal poacher up top, even if that means we have to sell one of the front 3.

As for UCl I think Liecester will this time make it, they will get enough points to stick at it. The other spot will go to Chelsea imo.. I don't think both will do it comfortably but will get it done. We will still have chances to get back in but I'm not optimistic at all. It has been a shyte year, Covid, VVD injury, our performances, SL... Just want it to be over.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:27 pm

I hope Leicester stay 3rd and West Ham beat the Chavs for 4th.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:22 am

First time I ever turned a match off before it ended. For those saying “this lot don’t deserve CL football” I’ll say it is the fans that won't get CL football as some these players will leave to teams in the CL saying that they want CL football. Players have let us down. I’ve always supported the club through thick and thin but this period is the hardest I remember and we have been a lot worse team in the past. I wish I could not watch any more matches this season but ManUre next week will really test that resolve even though I feel they will let us down again (something I have never expressed before).

Fighting for fourth place is something we have been doing for years but we were playing above ourselves, now the players are underperforming and it hurts to watch. Thank God for our manager but my gut tells me he must be questioning things himself.

Fabinho is my player of the season as he is the only player that raised his game consistently.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:55 am

With all that has been said and done regarding our ailing defense at the end of the day it is our attacking unit which collapsed magnificently and cost us the CL spot.
I don't remember such an astonishing drop in form as we exeprieced from last year as demonstrated by our attacking 3..(Yes even Salah which scored a bunch has pretty poor conversion rate).
This has been an agonizing year to say the least.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:23 am

Speaking of our front 3 imploding I think the club should move heaven and earth to sign that Saint-Maximim, he’d be the perfect replacement for Mane, he’s got that one-man-army thing going on similar to Adama Traore but where Traore plays like an Olympic athlete who just woke up one day and decided to give football a go Saint Maximim plays with his head up and is aware of what’s going on around him, he’s not only extremely quick and very very tricky he can spot a pass too.
It’s going to take some doing picking our fans chins off the floor this summer but a signing like him would go a long way towards doing it. Let’s face it the Mbappe’s and Haarlands are going to one of the financially doped clubs (who can offer them CL footy next year) but Saint Maximim is a realistic target. I honestly believe that he alone would turn us into title challengers again next season, he really would revolutionise our front 3. These days our front 3 struggle to go past anyone one on one but Saint Maximim glides past 2 or 3 players like they are not even there, we had 4 players around him at times yesterday and we still couldn’t get the ball of him! He’d be brilliant in a red shirt that lad, he’d be a global superstar. Just turned 24 last month as well so he’s the perfect age.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:46 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:23 am wrote:Speaking of our front 3 imploding I think the club should move heaven and earth to sign that Saint-Maximim, he’d be the perfect replacement for Mane, he’s got that one-man-army thing going on similar to Adama Traore but where Traore plays like an Olympic athlete who just woke up one day and decided to give football a go Saint Maximim plays with his head up and is aware of what’s going on around him, he’s not only extremely quick and very very tricky he can spot a pass too.
It’s going to take some doing picking our fans chins off the floor this summer but a signing like him would go a long way towards doing it. Let’s face it the Mbappe’s and Haarlands are going to one of the financially doped clubs (who can offer them CL footy next year) but Saint Maximim is a realistic target. I honestly believe that he alone would turn us into title challengers again next season, he really would revolutionise our front 3. These days our front 3 struggle to go past anyone one on one but Saint Maximim glides past 2 or 3 players like they are not even there, we had 4 players around him at times yesterday and we still couldn’t get the ball of him! He’d be brilliant in a red shirt that lad, he’d be a global superstar. Just turned 24 last month as well so he’s the perfect age.

Yes he is a one man demolition unit ,unplayable...The question with those type of players ,like you rightfully wrote the Adama and Zaha's of the game ,if they can be fitted into a system.
Can they mentally cope with the pressure of a big team and comply with the direction of the manager ,mainly defensive tasks..
But yeh he is one hell of an exciting player.
only me
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games