Liverpool V Sheffield United 24th/Oct @20.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:04 pm

OT thank you Southampton...those bunch of thieves stole a point from us last week and got just payback today
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Yep, good weekend for us, City, Everton, Chelsea and United all dropping points whilst we dig out a hard fought win.
It’s been a bit of an unconvincing start by us but despite that, and despite having a tough set of opening fixtures we are joint top, I’ve always said these first 8 weeks will go a long way to defining our season and I still believe that, it’s been a bumpy start but we are putting ourselves in a great position to go back to back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:52 pm

Santa » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:04 pm wrote:OT thank you Southampton...those bunch of thieves stole a point from us last week and got just payback today

Dirty thugs. The Southampton lad was lucky his ankle wasn't snapped.

Ancelotti's reaction after the game was ridiculous, too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:37 pm wrote:Yep, good weekend for us, City, Everton, Chelsea and United all dropping points whilst we dig out a hard fought win.
It’s been a bit of an unconvincing start by us but despite that, and despite having a tough set of opening fixtures we are joint top, I’ve always said these first 8 weeks will go a long way to defining our season and I still believe that, it’s been a bumpy start but we are putting ourselves in a great position to go back to back.

Yes, can't get too carried away so early in the season but given our fixtures played and the fact we haven't gotten past third gear yet bodes well for the next few months as the team hit top form hopefully.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:55 pm

electrum » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:29 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:37 pm wrote:Yep, good weekend for us, City, Everton, Chelsea and United all dropping points whilst we dig out a hard fought win.

Yes, can't get too carried away so early in the season but given our fixtures played and the fact we haven't gotten past third gear yet bodes well for the next few months as the team hit top form hopefully.

By mid November we will have played Chelsea (A), Everton (A) and City (A).
On paper that’s 3 of our 4 toughest fixtures already out of the way and the fourth of those (United away) is one of our last games of the season, the title race could conceivably already be done and dusted by then.
We will already have played the likes of Arsenal (H) and Leicester (H) by mid November too, after that the fixture list opens right up for us.
Granted we will have to play United in the New Year and City, Everton and Chelsea in Feb, March, April but all those games are at Anfield where we’d start as favourites, who knows we may even have fans in the stadium by then, the Everton and City return games are 4 months away, the Chelsea game nearly 6 months away and there’s talk of a British vaccine being ready by Christmas, large scale trials are taking place as we speak.
The Virgil situation aside it’s looking very positive for us, we just need to keep it going. I know he’s only been at the club 5 minutes but I think the key to this season could be Thiago, the early evidence suggests that when he plays we play, if we can keep him fit and get him on the park we will have a great chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:17 pm

Delighted Everton got beat  :laugh:  They will drop off that top spot soon enough :nod

Bunch of shytehawks the lot of them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:15 am

Karma - they missed Richarlison and Coleman. Digne and possibly Rodriguez will miss the next couple of games as well. Serves the filthy gets right !! No doubt Ancellotti will put all leg breaking, career threatening fouls down to an accident. That fu.king Allan is an accident waiting to happen as well. Probably the next to get a ban. At least with bans and injuries their next few games will be tough. It’s just so embarrassing to see them at the top of the table !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:26 am

The win great, 3 points that is all matter, The penalty was wrong, the referee and VAR were Sh*t

Good Luck lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games