man united v LIVERPOOL Sun 24th Oct 4.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:21 pm

Big game this, after unconvincing home draws against Chelsea and City you just feel that if we are to be genuine title challengers then we need to start doing a bit better in these big top of the table head to head clashes.
Problem is though we've got a terrible record at Old Trafford, hopefully we can start to change that Sunday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:25 am

They will play this like a cup final, going to be a tough one.

United are hit and miss this season, their link up play can look good and dire at the same time. With a suspect backline I think we'll get plenty of chances.

Lets hope for a repeat of last season's 4-2 win.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:09 am

Always a nail biter. We have the ability to win the game, they have the ability to spoil the party.

United should be playing far better than they do, whereas we're on song at the moment.
I'll be happy just to pick up the 3 points no matter the score, as long as the lads come through without injury etc..
If pressed, I'd accept 10-0.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:54 pm

I know that form goes out the window in these games but I've been watching a lot of Premier League games this season and I honestly have no idea how United are in the top 6, they've been terrible in all games I've seen them play. Their attack is a threat but their midfield and defence don't deserve to be higher than lower midtable. They're not in great form and IMO we might be lucky for a change in the fact that this might be the best time to play them, considering theirs and our current form.

Like I said though, their attack is a threat while our defence is no where near their top level. Although not as bad as the Mancs' defenders, Matip, Robbo and even Virgil haven't been at their best while TAA has never been a great defender to begin with. We're also missing Gini a lot and his defensive contribution. Only Alisson has remained in his top form. On the other hand, our attackers have started firing again and we probably once again have the best front line in Europe at the moment, including the world's best player in current form.

So all things considered, I think we're in far better form and the better team overall than them. It will still be a tough game especially considering it's an away match, but we simply must start winning derby matches if we want the title.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:38 pm

I think we should just go for it, we come unstuck in games like this when we treat them with too much respect and play safe. Go out to thrash them and they won't know what's hit them.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:18 pm

It's no bigger than playing Atletico or Milan. We know how to beat big sides.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:35 am

I think if Ronaldo plays it slows them down in beating our high press and I cannot see their defense stopping our attack, we could thrash them. I just hope they stick with Ole as he seems the right man for the job :grinning:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:29 pm

Ronaldo is very clever with the way he conserves energy during games. He isn't interested in defending and they suffer because of it but he will still run 100 yards in 10 seconds after the 90th minute. If we push with a very high line they have the pace to capitalise on it so we need to be wary of that.

Hopefully we go out to win and play for the 3 points rather than going out just not to lose.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:45 pm

No Mane or Matip. Konate starts. Keita Milly and Hendo in mid with bobby Jota and Salah up top.

Big game to be throwing Konate into.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:57 pm

Konate ahead of Matip and Gomez and Jota ahead of Mane. Interesting choices. Konate's pace might be useful against Rashford, Greenwood, and Ronaldo. He's also very good in the air which could prove useful against Ronaldo. Mane was pretty poor against Atletico and Jota is much better coming off the left hand side rather than up top. Shame Fabinho and Thiago are out but they have Fred and McTominay in midfield so could be worse!
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Konate has a big afternoon ahead of him, but I think he's good enough to be VVD's regular centre back partner.

Mane will play a part. Hopefully it'll be to wrap up a 0-3 win!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:32 pm

Ugh, I don't feel comfortable without Fabinho in our midfield, he'll be a huge miss. Like Eagle says above me though, their midfield is still worse then ours even with us missing players there.

Big game for Konate. Not sure I agree with Klopp in throwing new players in big matches that haven't played a lot (he's done it a few times), so I hope it's not a bad decision.

Also a big decision not to include Mane, but I'm sure he'll come on at some point.

We need a win here, so let's get it!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Naby!!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:35 pm

Naby lad
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:36 pm

Get in Naby!

Must say, awful defending from the Mancs.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games