LIVERPOOL v man utd Sun 17th Jan 4.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:42 pm

Maybe Klopp's first team rebuild needs to start a season earlier than we thought? Paisley would be looking for another Jota to replace either Mo or Bobby. What we shouldn't do though is sit on our hands and do nothing. I think Bobby's going through a patch of bad form, Mo's problem seems to be deeper.

That said, teams have learnt to get 7 defenders back into the box like lightening to ensure when the cross does come in that it's 7 on 2 and Mo and Bobby don't stand a chance. Our game is being smothered.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:49 pm

I agree entirely Reg that other teams have worked out exactly what were about. Perhaps it is time for us to let the opposition have the ball for 75% of the game and catch them on the counter because at the moment what we are doing simply is not working. It is also frustrating that certain players regardless of how badly they play are guaranteed to start. The defence is working. The attack isn’t so for gawds sake try something different. Teams know that we will go hell for  leather at them from the beginning of the game and they will build a brick wall and make it almost impossible for us to score so let’s start confusing the opposition and sit back and see what they try and do.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:46 pm

:censored:

This member has retired from the forum for awhile
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Franky000 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:57 pm

I seem to recall us always getting transfer business done very early in each window under this regime (Van d was signed during the first few days of the jan window)....so honestly I don’t think there are plans to sign anybody till the summer. Hope I’m wrong.
Franky000

Postby kazza » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:57 pm

Something seems off with the forwards, Firmino choosing to not put his team mates through on goal and then wasting the shot is not like him. He seems to be pressing the same but usually he is happy to set his team mates up but not yesterday.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 pm

I remember Klopp thinking we could get by with a average couple of keepers if the rest of the team is doing well.. That came back to bite him in the butt on the biggest stage of all in the Champions league final.

I think he's doing the same again this time around with the CB position.

We all know it's going to cost us the league and the UCL.. And we could see it as soon as Gomez got injured.

It's frustrating because Klopp is such a nice guy, and has so much loyalty to his players.. But they continue to let him down.

I think Lovren leaving has affected Mo as them two had a close bond.. And I think his head is not in the game at the moment. We need the ruthless killer back, not this lightweight version who's terrified of taking a player on.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:25 am

Trying to understand the CB situationc, lets look at pay: VVD 180 a week, Matip 85, Phillips 70, Gomez 75, Rhys 25.

Maybe the club thinks it can't spend more than 415,000 pounds a week (nearly 2 million a month....) on centre backs.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:22 am

The empty stadiums us a major factor, players like salah thrive on the crowd and no crowd is taking its toll.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:47 am

Reg » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:42 am wrote:Maybe Klopp's first team rebuild needs to start a season earlier than we thought? Paisley would be looking for another Jota to replace either Mo or Bobby. What we shouldn't do though is sit on our hands and do nothing. I think Bobby's going through a patch of bad form, Mo's problem seems to be deeper.

That said, teams have learnt to get 7 defenders back into the box like lightening to ensure when the cross does come in that it's 7 on 2 and Mo and Bobby don't stand a chance. Our game is being smothered.

I tend to agree, teams have deffo worked us out, as you say get everyone behind the ball and hit us on the counter, as bad as this recent run has been as well it could have easily been even worse, by hitting us on the break teams have had chances and Alisson has made some big saves lately, but for him a lot of these frustrating draws could have easily been losses.
Saying all that as poor as we are at breaking down packed defences we do still chisel out one or two good opportunities a game ourselves but unusually poor finishing and decision making from the front 3 is effing us, Bobby should have deffo put Robbo through on Sunday, a simple 7 or 8 yard pass that any of us on here could have executed and Andy is clean through with just De Gea to beat and no United defenders in the same postcode. I wouldn’t even mind if there were fans in the stadium and he couldn’t hear but in an empty stadium no way should there have been a breakdown in communication between those two at that moment.
I think the loss of Virgil and Joe is not just affecting the back 4 it’s having a knock on effect right throughout the team as well, for a start it takes our best ball winner (Fab) out of the MF so we aren’t winning the ball as high up the pitch as as we used to plus because the players know we have got a makeshift defence they have always got one eye on getting back which means we are not playing with the same freedom we once did.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:08 pm

Reg wrote:Trying to understand the CB situationc, lets look at pay: VVD 180 a week, Matip 85, Phillips 70, Gomez 75, Rhys 25.

Maybe the club thinks it can't spend more than 415,000 pounds a week (nearly 2 million a month....) on centre backs.

I'd honestly struggle to believe Phillip's and William's are getting anywhere near that figure Reg. More like 4.5 and 1.5.  Sterling wasnt getting it despite being one of our top players. He was earning 30 when he left so no way are we paying 2 lads who wouldnt be anywhere near the 1st team only for injuries.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:36 pm

I researched 2 LFC Salary websites and this is what they said, Red.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:42 am

Just looking at the table and it's concerning to say the least.

4th place and 1 point ahead of Tottenham and more to the point City with the potential to go 4 points ahead of us if (when, more likely) they win their game in hand.

If we go 7 points or more behind City I think we won't recover. On current form we are in a battle for top 4. Miss out on top 4 and we regress as the owners will sell to buy and not dip into their own pockets- that's their business model.

We need to get out of our slump and sharpish.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:21 pm

We need to change our style of play.

Give the ball to Burnley, invite them to come forward, gaps open and Mo, Sadio and Bobby Dazzler nip round the back and we win 10-0.

All this 86% possession and 968 passes is a load of bow locks.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games