Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:22 pm

Only consolation is another clean sheet annd 68 games unbeaten at home
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:27 pm

They weren't better than us but they had the better chances, we should actually feel lucky we didn't lose this one.

We have big injury problems at the back but we're actually poor up front, we look toothless. When is Jota due to return?
Last edited by damjan193 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:32 pm

Result in the end was about right. Frustrating as hell.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:33 pm

very alarmed by how the form of our front 3 have dropped off since the 7 against Palace...can't wait for Jota to come back
Last edited by Santa on Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:33 pm

In of itself a draw against United isn’t the worst result it’s just that given our recent run of results we really needed the win. Now if City and Everton win their games in hand we’ll be out of the top four. Long way to go still but we need to get our @rses into gear. What doesn’t help is that we have got some tough games coming up while City play 5 of the bottom 6 or something like that. Title race could be done and dusted over the next 5 or 6 weeks if we don’t shape up.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:35 pm

Bobby and Salah don't even look threatening at all. What's point with all this build up play if all Salah and Bobby are gonna do is jog about not making runs?

It's so frustrating!!

Bobby's form has been terrible all season.. Jota put pressure on him to perform and he still struggled. I'd honestly give Origi a run of games to make Bobby feel more hungry because at the moment we look poor up front.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:45 pm

How good has Fabinho been this season though? He’s our player of the year by a mile.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:51 pm

All of his goals to date aside (have to get that in), Mo really pi$$es me off lately. First half a simple squared ball would have put one on a plate for a tap in. Second half he's trying to be too clever with his footwork six yards out but still gets a corner. Other times he seems too afraid to take a man on.
Bobby is labouring, needs to have the pressure of Jota to spark him to perform.
Christ, we're in severe danger of descending down the table with this inept and impotent strike force.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:57 pm

And just when do we get Jota, Matip and Gomez back?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:06 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:57 pm wrote:And just when do we get Jota, Matip and Gomez back?

Matip and Jota are close. Gomez won't play again this season.

VVD might...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:27 pm

Thought that was absolute shyte myself. Fair enough we didnt lose but we never looked like winning it either.  Far too much useless possession that ends up no where. Cant believe we did that again as well in the dying seconds :angry:

Plan B is a dirty word in Anfield for some reason. Look at the changes made supposedly trying to win a game. Jones , then Origi who is a striker but goes out wide so a winger can play at being one. Then milner comes on to keep things as they are. No intent at all to win just not to get beat.

The front 3 are the problem not the absence of Van Dijk. Creating 50 chances a game so they can score 3 or 4 goals is impossible and Klopps unwillingness to drop any of them is fooking mystifying.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Yes, we're no fun to watch at the minute. It feels like the balance of our game if off, we squash the opposition into the final third but our build up is so slow that they have loads of time to setup their defense perfectly and there is simply no space to fashion chances, there were 3/4 united players on every attacker because it was so slow. It feels like we need to encourage teams to come out a bit more to create some space to play our attackers in. I think teams have worked us out because they have all played us in the same manner recently. Sit deep, press the forwards, block off the flying lb/rb and hit us on the counter or try and beat our offside trap. If we could tweak this and get a bit of momentum our season is far from over, I must say though 30-40M on a central defender seems a good option at the minute.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:53 pm

First half was ok second half stale and lucky to end with a point.
Lads have gone lacklustre upfront, City have taken initiative and tbh I can't see anyone stopping them now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby chriserfolg » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:46 am

Something is off . I think the uncertainty of our CB is effecting in someway but my god fabinho has been immense but unless a consistent partner is sorted , we will have this kind of frustrating game .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby Santa » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:01 pm

Every game we dominate possession (65%~80-%) but the front three seems to operates at a different frequency. I don't think they turned into bad players all of a sudden but rather their heart and application seems to be elsewhere

All the talk about big Virg's injury but it is the missing front three that's more of a problem for us, and we won't get enough goals from midfield by how the team is being set up

Also I'm so done with Gomez and Keita...loved them both but how do you rely on perpetual sicknotes who are almost never there? Keep them if the club feel a need to but ffs sign a proper replacement and use them as backups, no more. I just don't see them being healthy for more than a handful of games per season at most.

Oh and a big shout out to Ali and Fabinho...what a giants they are

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games